gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229963 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 25, 2024, 08:09:32 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK February 15, 2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK February 15, 2011  (Read 2584 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK February 15, 2011
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:24:02 AM »
Feel free to post 'Clay breaking news' here... :) 

This is OT...however, he was a jazz legend posted for those who enjoy the genre:

Jazz singer Sir George Shearing dies at 91

British-born jazz great Sir George Shearing has died at the age of 91.
George Shearing
Lynn Redgrave and George Shearing at an Arts and Entertainment Network Party in New York
7:00AM GMT 15 Feb 2011

The pianist, who has been blind since birth, is noted for writing the standard Lullaby of Birdland, as well as leading his own quintet for decades.

His manager Dale Sheets said the musician, based in New York for more than 60 years, died today from congestive heart failure.

Among the array of talents with whom he worked were Nat King Cole, Mel Torme, Peggy Lee and Sarah Vaughan.

The London-born star - the youngest of nine children - found his first professional work as a pub pianist collecting tips in a box on top of the piano.

Sir George built a name for himself, appearing on BBC broadcasts and backing Stephane Grapelli, before moving to the US in 1947 where his career went from strength to strength.

Two years later he formed his quintet and scored a huge hit with the record September In The Rain.

His Lullaby of Birdland - named after the New York jazz club - was written in 1952.

Sir George, who lived in New York since 1978, played for three US presidents as well as the Queen.

He was given a lifetime achievement honour at the BBC Jazz Awards in 2003 and collected his knighthood from Buckingham Palace in 2007.

He was still performing into his 80s but suffered a fall in 2004 which led to a lengthy period of hospital care.
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK February 15, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
Food Channel Fan Wins Clay Aiken Tickets

Winner will attend concert in Charlotte with her son
 Posted by Editor Feb. 15, 2011
Darlene Parker Terrell could hardly contain her excitement last week when she found out she'd won two tickets to see Clay Aiken in concert. Terrell was the winner in The Food Channel's "Why I'm a Clay Aiken Fan" contest.

"What a welcome surprise this is!!!" said Terrell.  "My husband and I were just talking about Clay’s concert last night, and I was trying to be a 'good sport about it,' but I was so disappointed in not being able to go to Clay’s tour this time around.  My husband’s health is not very good, and with our son’s college expenses, finances are kind of tight right now, so it just wasn’t an option for me."

"Now, to find out that I get to go (and take my son with me) is such a blessing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"

Terrell will be attending the show in Charlotte, N,C., on February 23. In her contest entry, she told us about how she and her son were diehard Clay Aiken fans. "My son has been right there with me, since the beginning of "Clay," she said. "He even slept outside with me on a freezing cold December night, just to help me get Clay to autograph my Learning to Sing."

"Unfortunately (or fortunately) my son will be graduating from college in May and will be heading to the West Coast," Terrell wrote. "I guess our Clay times will be over at that point. I would love to win these tickets so we could have one final last Clay hoorah!!!

Well, Darlene and her son will be having that last hoorah after all. We can't wait to hear the report from Charlotte.

Thanks to all our fans who entered the contest. We hope to offer more chances to win in the near future.

FOOD CHANNEL.COM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
Got a Twitter sighting and pic tonight in Atlanta. Clay saw a musical called Bring It On and met one of the actors.

TwanBringItOn
http://twitpic.com/40b862 meet clay aiken! He's a big fan of TwanBringItOn.com and loved the show tonight!             
[/color]

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
Thanks Tiffany!

I like the shorter hair.

Looking forward to red reports tonight.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK February 15, 2011

gfxgfx
gfx