gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229989 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 27, 2024, 03:33:50 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK October 19, 2010
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK October 19, 2010  (Read 1986 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK October 19, 2010
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:07:59 AM »
This was posted over at Clay Aiken fans:

From Joy Behar'sFacebook:

On Tuesday's show, an exclusive interview with Caitlin Breedlove, a Raleigh, N.C. woman who said she was kicked out of a local shopping mall because she was kissing her girlfriend. She'll be joined on the show by Raleigh native son Clay Aiken.

Yes...Tomorrow night 10/19.

Clay's appearance is on Joy Behar's website:

UPCOMING GUESTS
# 10/19: Olivia Newton-John, Clay Aiken
# 10/20: Wynonna Judd, Levi Johnston
# 10/21: Rod Stewart
# 10/25: Sherri Shepherd, Robin Quivers
# 10/26: Denise Richards, Jerry Springer
# 10/27: Michael Caine, Kat Von D
# 11/1: Whoopi Goldberg, Bret Michaels

http://joybehar.blogs.cnn.com/
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK October 19, 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 02:33:15 AM »

Elton John: 'Songwriters today are pretty awful'

Elton John: 'Songwriters today are pretty awful'
Singer also says contemporary pop isn't inspiring, blasts talent competitions

Elton John had a few things to say about the state of pop music in a new interview.
By Mike Collett-White
Reuters

LONDON — British singer Elton John described today's songwriters as "pretty awful," pop music as uninspiring and reality television talent shows like "American Idol" as boring in an interview published on Tuesday.

The 63-year-old singer of "Your Song" and "Candle in the Wind," one of the most successful pop artists of all time, added that the instant fame which talent shows can bring was not the way to become a genuine star.

"It's important they (pop stars) write their own songs, so they're not at the mercy of anyone," John, whose real name is Reginald Dwight, told Radio Times magazine.

"Songwriters today are pretty awful, which is why everything sounds the same. Contemporary pop isn't very inspiring."

He said he was a fan of young female pop acts Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse and Lady Gaga, before adding:

"I'm not a fan of talent shows. I probably wouldn't have lasted if I'd gone on one. I was asked to judge 'American Idol.' I couldn't do it because I won't slag anyone off.

"Also I don't want to be on television. It's become boring, arse-paralysingly brain crippling."

He said "X Factor" judge and music producer Simon Cowell had discovered some talented acts through his shows, "but the only way to sustain a career is to pay your dues in small ... clubs.

"I was in a band at 17, became a songwriter with Bernie Taupin and wasn't successful until we'd had six years of hard graft and disappointment, as well as great times.

"TV vaults you to superstardom and then you have to back it up, which is hard. (British 'X Factor' winners) Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke are at the mercy of the next song they can get.

"('Britain's Got Talent' runner-up) Susan Boyle was an endearing phenomenon, but I fear she might not understand the rigours of show business."

John is releasing a new album this week, "The Union," a collaboration with his musical hero Leon Russell, and plays the BBC Electric Proms in London on Oct. 28.
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK October 19, 2010

gfxgfx
gfx