gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230004 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 05:49:20 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 52617 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »
grammaof6
REVIEW OF NEW YORK CONCERT
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2004, 01:57:05 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
album was a geezer-pleaser
:

The geezer-pleaser that has now reached the triple platinum mark!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
Her
concert stuff
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2004, 05:58:00 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, videos for sale.  They should have them as they'd make a fortune.  Hey fellow maniacs, don't forget the key chain-I don't remember how much it was, but you can always take him with you wherever you go.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »
LOLA
  reply to grandma
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2004, 10:42:40 AM » 

[quote

geezer pleaser. sappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       

>:( >:(
   DOESNT THAT MAKE YOU ANGRY GRANDMA? IT SURE DOES ME. I ALSO AM A MATURE WOMAN WITH GRAND CHILDREN.   BUT I LOVE CLAY AND I THINK  CLAY ATRACKS PEOPLE OF ALL AGES, AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES HIM SO SPECIAL. I ALSO THINK THAT RUBIN, IS HAVING LESS SUCESS THAN CLAY BECAUSE HE APPEALS TO A SMALLER MORE SELECT GROUP THAN CLAY. CLAY CAN SING ALL TYPES OF MUSIC.  JUST CHECK OUT HIS DEMOS AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN.ROCK AND ROLL, COUNTRY, POP ,CHRISTIAN ,YOU NAME IT CLAY CAN SING IT. I CANT WAIT FOR HIS NEXT ALBUM, CAN YOU?      CLAYS VOICE IS  JUST HEAVENLY!!!!!! I CANT GET ENOUGH[/quote]

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:59 PM »
claymom
  independent tour, worcester, ma
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2004, 10:39:14 AM » 

Was wonderful.  Went with my girlfriend, our daughters, and another of our daughters friend.  I wasn't that much of a clay fan until I saw him last night.  Now I'm hooked!!!  Sang all the songs you expected, plus an acoustic part of the show which he likes for smaller venues, but it went over well.  Should have clay on second tho.  Lot of people left after him and during Kelly's show.  Wasn't sure what type of image Kelly is trying to project tho.  Very bluesy.  But what a great voice!!  My fav was when Clay sang Prince's song, when the doves cry. They put purple lights on the state; that's when I was hooked

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:39 PM »
liney23
  Welcome
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2004, 03:50:33 PM » 

Welcome to the wonderful world of Claymaniacs.  We love Clay, not just his voice, but the beautiful person he is.  Explore the threads.  We have the latest reviews, news, etc.  Best on the internet.

What's even neater is that no nastiness is allowed here.  A whole lot of nice people.

There is a thread for teenagers, called Claygirls Junior.  Check it out, maybe your daughter and her friends would like it.

Liney

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:57 PM »
clay4me03
  Worchester downloads
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2004, 04:25:10 PM » 

Hey everyone from the Worchester concert, where are your video clips?  No one has them downloaded yet??? I wanna see...I HAVE TO SEE IT!! 

Jacki

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
Jeannette
  NY review
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2004, 05:53:24 AM » 

I know I've said this so many times before, but it continues to be said by so many other people:  MOAM has been called geezer-pleaser, milquetoast, karaoke, candycoated, etc. etc. etc. because YOU CAN'T HEAR CLAY OVER THE BAND.  This reviewer repeated what so many others have said, that the really thrilling part of the concert was the acoustic part.  I was also sad to hear that the bass and drums at the concert were cranked way up.  A lot of people don't conciously notice this, but they are deprived of the full force of Clay's voice and personality.

When are the producers going to get it?

Well, off the soapbox again.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:06 PM »
TakenByClay
  I AM IN LOOOOOOVE!!!
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2004, 10:08:50 AM » 

I really CAN'T wait for the Seattle show! When Clay comes down I know that I'm gonna start crying!! Just 28 more days.....

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »
claymom
  WDC
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2004, 11:35:26 AM » 

Just a footnote; the last time I was at the Worcester Centrum some 18 or so year's ago, I saw Prince in Concert for his purple rain tour and he sang that song!  I didn't know that was part of clay's repetoire and my daughter looked at me and my eyes were wide open with surprise.   Also, were were in sec 235 and saw down below and over to right Clay coming out thru the audience.  We almost died he was on our side of the theater and altho we didn't get to touch him it seemed like the bodyguards were practically lifting him off his feet and rushing him to the stage.  The place went NUTS and I kept saying to my daughter; die-hard clay fan from the start; there he is, there he is!!!!  The woman sitting next to me said, I'm crazier than the kids, and we stood the whole time and danced to his music.  What a night.  It's a shame it ended so fast, but I'm on his side.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »
Jeannette
  NY concert review
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2004, 08:33:58 PM » 

Just another thought on the NY concert review--I am not so upset with all the reviewers who called the MOAM CD things like candy-coated, karaoke, limp, milquetoast, etc.  Every negative thing I read about MOAM, almost without exception, was this type of comment, bland, mush.  They never said he can't sing or anything like that.  I think they said this type of thing because they were only getting part of his performance.  The "nutsy, overengineered, drownout" background music (thanks to my fellow claymaniacs for the good descriptions) robbed us of the "guts" of Clay's performances.  Anyone who watched AI2 and heard those Clay performances where you could hear every nuance would wonder what those reviewers were talking about.  But if those reviewers had only MOAM to base their opinions on, of course they reported on what they heard.  Those of us who had seen AI2 knew what he's capable of.

Lucky for us and for Clay's career, Clay has made so many other appearances where we can really hear him.  And with the beautiful video of The Way and with what looks like the incredible success of the tour it sounds like he will have lots of new Clayverts.

And this certainly is in no way a reflection on Clay himself.  I know it's almost like heresy to say anything negative about Clay's first CD, especially when it's been so successful and gone triple platinum.  It makes me so sad that Clay put his heart and soul into it.  But look how we are rediscovering some of those beautiful songs when we hear them in the acoustic versions and live performances.

No, I don't blame the reviewers.  The ones I really blame are the producers:  Clive Davis who decided that if Clay's songs weren't edgy enough to sell, the background had to be edgy (make that drownout).  He either hadn't really listened to Clay's music and didn't understand it, or just should have had more faith in his singer.  Or the producers who, as a matter of course, place a wall of generic drownout music between the singer and the listener to cover up the singer's faults.  That works with a lot of singers and is a really good thing (Ruben, Britney, Justin Timberlake) but with Clay it's a huge loss. 

A lot of reviewers have said that "Clay's debut was sabotaged by Clive Davis with the overproduced music", that Clay was "saddled with the bombast of the background music", etc.  They can't continue doing this without doing damage to Clay's career.  I'm getting nervous about what they did to Solitaire, heard that they reworked it.  On a CD, I think it must be just so easy to electronically wreck it.  Given the passionate response to the acoustic MOAM,  and the fact that acoustic stuff was included in the concerts, maybe Clay himself is coming to realize how important it is.
Not everything can be acoustic, but they could just be more careful with the instrumentation.

Well, it's time to get off the soapbox.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
Char
  REVIEW OF NEW YORK CONCERT
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2004, 09:29:10 AM » 

Jeanette-
Nothing more to say.....you said it all and you said it very well!!! Good job :)

- Char

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
maddiegirl
  Clay - Columbus, Ohio 3/10
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2004, 10:18:18 AM » 

OK - I just want to know if everyone was as blown away as I was.  He was absolutely incredible.  There was no sign of a sore throat and he held his notes forever!!!  Kelly was ok and the crowd was pleasant to her (only a handful of people stood up for her) but Clay was a different story - the crowd went crazy for him, standing and screaming the entire time.  It also had to be one of the bigger crowds he has performed in front of - the place was packed - even the nose bleed sections.  I love the fact that he is following his progress on TRL - he knew day by day how his video was doing and you could tell he was extremely touched that people are voting for him - SO KEEP IT UP!!!  I will never get over the look on my mothers face when Clay came onto the stage - She started crying (It was well worth the fortune I paid for my tickets - 3rd row center stage)  I don't ever want to hear any critics saying that Clay is a flash in the pan, by the response to him last night there is no doubt his fans will be around till the day they die - I will love him for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am now searching for the next closest venue - One concert is not enough!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
CT loves Clay
 Reply #102 on: March 11, 2004, 10:22:49 AM » 

Maddiegirl,

Oh My Lord, I have been waiting since last night for this review.  Finally, a fan came through.  I saw him Monday night in Worcester and I am still flying high.  Don't you feel like you want to see him again and again.  He is incredible.  The electricity felt throughout the concert is unbelievable.
I am so glad to hear he was in good form.  He needed the day off and I am sure he was all the better for it.  Your mother must have been so thrilled.  I could cry right now, but only because I want to see him again.
Thank you so much for the review.  I feel better now.

Linda

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:29 PM »
maddiegirl
  Clay
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2004, 10:32:30 AM » 

You are not going to believe this, but the first thing I did when I got home last night (1:00 am) was go onto ebay to see if I could get tickets to the next closest concert - one will never be enough.  The one thing that cracked me up last night was Clay's comment that at first he was going to go out on tour alone and play smaller venues (around 3,000 to 4,000) and it struck me odd that he has no clue that he easily sold almost all the tickets in the arena last night.  I saw maybe a handful of Kelly fans.  He still has no idea what a draw he is all by himself!!!  If anyone would have told me that at the age of 40 I would be screaming and yelling like a teenager for any singer, I would have told them they were crazy - but by the end of the concert I couldn't even talk - I was trying to scream and nothing would come out - so then I started jumping up and down - good lord I hope nobody shot any video of that - I'm sure it wasn't pretty!!!  But you get so caught up in the moment you just can't help it!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »
Anonymous
  Clay - Columbus, Ohio 3/10
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2004, 10:57:02 AM » 

One concert is not enough - I was in the Wilkes Barre PA one.  maddiegirl, your write up brings tears to my eyes.  I know the feeling and we all know the feeling.  Clay is such gift to all of us!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS

gfxgfx
gfx