gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229998 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 01:27:44 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CLEVELAND, OHIO PALACE THEATRE 02/19/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLEVELAND, OHIO PALACE THEATRE 02/19/2011  (Read 25552 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLEVELAND, OHIO PALACE THEATRE 02/19/2011
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06:14 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06:31 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06:46 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
CLAY SINGING OPERA!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »
QUOTE (Hope @ Feb 20 2011, 08:41 AM)
Good Morning Everyone,

The following Scarlett clips from the Cleveland concert have been uploaded to You Tube:

Who's Sorry Now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QWh3DSepk0

Both Sides Now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRo0QspNFkM

Quiana, Cry Me A River: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkFWN1OMxU

Mack The Knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63E1TNd9ql0

Unchained Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdlSCvEh6vA

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2011, 10:37:24 AM »
QUOTE (Cyn @ Feb 20 2011, 06:45 AM)
Good morning everyone.

I was lucky enough to have an OFC meet and greet for Cleveland last night. In fact there were a lucky 13 of us at the meet and greet last night. It was truly a wonderful experience. A friend of mine who had a meet and greet a few years ago told me that the Clay I would see at a meet and great would be this friendly, down-to-earth man who will put everyone in the room at ease. She was so right.

Clay came in in what looked like a gray V-neck sweater with a plaid shirt under the sweater.( sorry, I’m not sure of the sweater color because the lighting in the venue was dim or maybe that was just mood lighting?) He was wearing jeans. I am not sure if they were the same as the concert’s but I did notice they fit nicely. His hair was perfect. Stubble was present and lovely freckles lightly sprinkled his face.

One question I do remember being asked was about his opening choice of song “ Love Story”.
He said the song was to be on the TNT cd but it didn’t make the final cut. He said he really loved the song and what better way to start the concert then with a song with the words” Where do I begin……………”

I’ll let the other meet and greeters give their better and more detailed recaps.
I was very reluctant to accept my meet and greet at first but I am so very glad I did.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2011, 10:37:49 AM »
(mindyj @ Feb 20 2011, 06:44 AM)
Good morning! What a great concert last night! Clay was so funny! We were in front row and I knew it was a bit too close to video. Have had neck problems lately and it is really painful today, what with holding the camera and trying to look almost straight up a lot of the time. At one point, around the third song, Clay caught me videotaping and his eyes got wide. Funny!  We had been at Pittsburgh the night before and Clay changed it up some last night. Love that he does that! After the show, I just wanted to come back and look at my clack. My friends wanted to go for ice cream! I didn't get back to the room until quite late. Checked the board and saw that people were waiting to see the opera clack so decided to check mine out and upload that one. Mack the Knife is on the end of it but I didn't realize that until I just watched the whole thing. I left the netbook on still uploading it, as I could see it was taking awhile. Have more videos but we are leaving for home early this morning. Will upload the rest when I get home.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2011, 10:38:15 AM »
(all4luv @ Feb 20 2011, 12:36 AM)
Home from Cleveland, my hometown show. How can that man become more handsome with each and every day? I just had to laugh when he appeared with another gorgeous sweater, shirt, tie combo and those old tattered jeans(wore them all summer for the tour). His hair wias absolutely perfect... this coming from someone who loves the "Lord of the Manor" hair.

I loved the colors of the lighting they used as a backdrop for the stage. The blues were especially beautiful. I was blessed with a 4th row, dead center seat and that was the best for seeing Clay in all his spendor. The first row was rather too close to the stage. Did I say he was just indescribably beautiful toight? I have not seen Solitaire in this concert series yet as my two shows so far have been last night and tonight. I can say that "Both Sides Now" is a masterpiece and I would not give up him performing that song for any other!!

According to a friend, who ushered the show tonight, the ticket sales were 1027. It is what it is and I am really proud of Cleveland for showing him the love! My friend says that it has been a rough go to fill these theaters in this economic climate. Clay should not be upset or ashamed.

Now...off to bed. I am so tired from no sleep last night, running on pure adreneline and that buzz that only Clay Aiken can provide! Sweet dreams will follow me, I'm sure. How many ways can you say you love someone?!! It seemed like a two-way lovefest again tonight.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
HOBBES

What a great evening. I don't usually write recaps and if you read all this, you'll understand why.

We pulled up to valet at Bricco restaurant, had a leisurely dinner and walked directly across the street to Playhouse Square. I recommend the valet service to anyone attending a Playhouse Square performance. It was $6 which is cheaper than most of the lots and decks where you park yourself.

Playhouse Square has five theaters. Clay was in the Palace Theatre. The State Theatre next door had the Royal Comedy Tour with various comedians (I use the term loosely). Anyway, some of the red-jacketed ushers were standing out on the sidewalk directing people to the right theatre. They didn’t have to look at tickets, they seemed to know who went where.

Despite the fact that Caper and I had tested it earlier in the week to make sure my 2G iPhone streamed, it decided not to cooperate last night, hence the traditional cellcert. My iPhone is “jailbroken,” which means it can be used on non-AT&T providers. My T-Mobile service wasn’t streaming fast enough. Sorry about that. I just read that Emerson is doing the cert tonight with an iPhone4. Should be great.

He looked gorgeous. His hair was spiked but looked soft, not the “Something About Mary” hair from early in the tour. He had on a dark blue sweater and a blue tie. He wore brown boots and his jeans were frayed at the back, probably from wearing them with sneakers.

The floor appeared about a third full. Clay joked that they were there (at the Palace) because they couldn’t get the Quicken Arena. He complained a few times about how cold it was in Cleveland, obviously forgetting the blizzard conditions he encountered in Cleveland several Decembers ago. Their bus then had to crawl its way to Detroit after the Cleveland concert. Anyone remember that day?

Quiana had on a new top, which had a giant blue flower on it. She said she looked like a Care Bear. He seemed to enjoy teasing her about it. She looked beautiful. I liked their version of Crying so much more than the Linda Eder one. Not that Linda isn’t a great singer, but Clay and Quiana have such a loving relationship that makes it more real. They sing it to each other instead of just two people sharing a stage and signing their parts.

When he did his bit complaining (jokingly) about cellcerters, he asked a woman who she was talking to and where she was. The certer was from Peru and the person receiving the cert, Mindy, was in Kansas. He asked if she could fly in all the way from Peru, why couldn’t Mindy show up from Kansas. Very cute.

My favorites were UM, "Build Me Up Buttercup", "Mack The Knife", and LS, but the opera was my favorite moment of the evening. It was amazing. The Indian version was great, too, with Quiana taking on most of it. Clay was laughing too hard at her dancing to add much to it. The auto-tune selection was a Kate Perry song and Clay and Quiana did all the moves. So cute.

When he was talking about the band members he said that Felix and his wife had an anniversary coming up on Feb. 28. Felix had told him that he and his wife had danced their first dance to Something About Us, so he is going to have them dance to it on stage on their anniversary.

Oh, one other tidbit…the monitors on the edge of the stage were big and blocked some of the view of those in the first row. When he brought his chair forward to sing, someone complained she couldn’t see him over the monitor, so he scooted his chair over a bit.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »
The following Scarlett clips from Cleveland were just uploaded to You Tube:

Love Story Theme (Where Do I Begin): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplevzJN-mE

Fan dedication & Performance of In My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txpWFeOJZ0s

Quiana, A Foggy Day In London Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jk_TCSZR9Y

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
nekia

Afternoon!

Just back from Cleveland. I did not really watch anything but a couple of short clips before going to this concert. It is amazing and he opens the show with absolutely the right song. It starts low and builds to really emcompass the whole theater. Others have already said what a wonderful concert this is and it really is. Lots of men and they really seem to appreciate Clay. After my M&G I heard the ushers talking and saying that about 1200 seats were sold. I know there was more than 1/3rd of the main floor because when we were trying to get tickets we could only get the very back of the main floor and that was talking to poeple at the box office.

Anyway on to the M&G. I have only seen a partial recap so I will try to write more about it. He was very casual and very comfortable in this setting. It was not rushed at all, although at the beginning it looked like it might be very short because it took a little time to get people to start asking questions. Some of those were:
About his house. He does not have another place to go but indicated it indeed wants to be in Wake County. He said since he was going to be on the road they put it sup for sale and if it doesn't sell by the end of the tour he will take it off the market and go back there. There was some talk about his running for the school board and he indicated that would be a full time job. Obviously no one was encouraging him to do that.
I asked whether he might be going to Australia and Indonesia and he talked about the cd being released there and the PBS special airing in Australia and indicate he would like to go but the cd would have to sell decently to make it worthwhile for him to make the trip.
I also asked about doing a voice in an animated movie and he said he would be very interested if anything came his way.
He was asked if he would ever do a Christian cd and he said that for obvious reasons no majob label would ever sign him to do that kind of cd.
There was talk about the Gala and he will definitely be there. Also talk about the Golf outing and his position on it. At one point he took his phone out to look for some texts about this issue and someone said he didn't have a cover on his phone and he said he doesn't like covers. They said it might get scratched and he said no it wouldn't.

There was a little more and if anyone is interested and I can remember the rest I will come back later.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2011, 02:08:51 PM »
Was there any report about Clay's voice tonight? He really sounded hoarse when he talked last night.

Canflys video of Clay singing BSN is to die for. He is one good looking man.

He did sound a bit hoarse tonight.  There were some notes (more in the beginning of the concert) that you could tell he had problems hitting, but he was great.  He always, always, always puts on a great show.  I love him. 

Thanks for your insight and glad you enjoyed it. Good to see you here. Haven't seen you in a long time.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CLEVELAND, OHIO PALACE THEATRE 02/19/2011

gfxgfx
gfx