gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229997 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 11:18:30 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 25, 2010
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 25, 2010  (Read 1646 times)

wvclayfan

• Claymaniac
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 25, 2010
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:38:09 AM »
Pictures from the Bringing Broadway Home Concert can be found HERE.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 25, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »
Now Playing
Clay Aiken - A Day in the Life
Clay Aiken - A Day in the Life Channel:AOL Music
Distributor:AOL
Copyright 2010 AOL
:

AOL.COM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:19:10 AM »
Claykens rejoice! The former American Idol star has a new album out called Tried and True.  His biggest influence for the new record came from his mother who sang in the car as well as at clubs and weddings.

You would think this would motivate Clay to sing to his own son, but little Parker won’t have it!

“For the most part, around the house, we don’t have that much music playing,” Clay says. “For some reason, I’m nervous to sing for him. My son doesn’t like to listen to me sing, but he enjoys listening to other people sing. Maybe kids just don’t like to hear their parents, ever. When they’re teenagers they don’t want to hear them. When they’re babies they don’t want to hear ‘em sing. Maybe it’s just a genetic thing.”

I don’t know about that. I’m an awful singer so no one likes to hear me, be it a baby or grown adult with eardrums, but I remember liking to hear my mother belt out a lullaby when I was young.

Maybe Parker just doesn’t like music? He may grow to like it though since the musical gene runs in the family. Clay isn’t entirely up for his son having a professional career in the industry though.  “I don’t plan on that happening. I obviously will encourage him in whatever he wants to, whatever he’s passionate about, but I’m just gonna hope it’s not this.”

Only time will tell.

OK NOW WE ARE CLAYKENS???!!!

BABBLE.COM

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:20:26 AM »
FROM SUNDANCER AT CRITICAL MASS:

PBS Airdates for TnT (so far):

WKNO/Memphis 8/15 at 8p, 11p and 2a 800-895-8810
KQED/San Francisco 8/2 at 9p, 8/7 at 9p and 1030p 800-568-9999
WLJT/Martin TN 7/31 at 7p 800-366-9558
KERA/Dallas will air in Aug
NPT/Nashville 8/1 at 8p 800-355-5210
OPB/Oregon state network will air in Sep
WILL/Champagne-Urbana will air in Sep
KVIE/Sacramento 7/31 at 930a, 8/6 at 8p
OETA/Oklahoma state network 8/7
KAET/Phoenix working on Aug, iffy
WGBH/Boston probably in Aug
Vegas PBS will air in Aug
Rocky Mtn PBS/Denver 7/31 at 4p, 8/1 at 1130p 800-274-6666
WFYI/Indianapolis working on Aug
WUSF/Tampa will air in Aug
New Hampshire Public TV 8/2 at 930p
UNCTV/North Carolina state network working on it
WGTE/Toledo 8/2 at 1p & 10p, 8/6 at 11p 800-380-4664
WCNY/Syracuse will air in Sep
WMFE/Orlando 8/5 at 8p
WETA/Wash DC 8/4 at 8p
KCTS/Seattle 8/1 at 8p
WCET/Cincinnati 8/5 at 8p
WXEL/West Palm Beach will air in Aug
WPBT/Miami will air in Aug
Think TV/Dayton 8/5 at 930p

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »
From merrieee at CV

Tweet today from the girl that took the photos.:

Check out my photos of Clay Aiken: RT @clayaiken Check out "A Day In The Life" with Clay on @popeater! http://bit.ly/ClayDayLife
h
This is her site. SHe's really good.
Diana Levine

on a shoot today with a very funny, very talented musician.
11:54 AM Jun 2nd via mobile web

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »
I just read Detroit, MI will air the PBS special on August 10th and KNME Albuquerque NM will air the Tried & True Special on Monday, Aug 2 @ 9:30pm mdt, and again on Sunday, Aug 8 @ 10:30pm. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:57:42 AM by Tiffany »

wvclayfan

• Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
Clay Aiken Would Replace 'American Idol' Judge Simon Cowell

Even before sharp-tongued Simon Cowell officially bid "American Idol" goodbye after nine seasons of judging the reality competition, everyone from nonameblogger to Howard Stern began eying his now-vacant seat. But one "Idol" alum has a suggestion about who should take the open spot on the panel. Season-two runner-up Clay Aiken says the show should keep it in the family when selecting Cowell's replacement, bringing in an ex-contestant to sit on the other side of the judges' table.

"I've always thought it would be a great addition to the panel to have someone who's a former contestant and knows what it's like to be up on that stage and be critiqued," Aiken told Billboard.com.

While Aiken's down with the idea of a former "Idol" contender offering insight, he's not necessarily gunning for the gig. "Well, I'm so far removed from it at this point that I don't know if I remember what it's like, but who knows."

Aiken didn't shut down the idea of returning to the amateur talent juggernaut that launched his career, but he said his judging style would differ from Cowell's abrasive approach.

"I would not put myself out there to be as caustic as he is, but if they want to call me, bring it on," Aiken said. "We can talk."

Aiken, however, is not as far removed from all things "American Idol" as he says. For his upcoming tour, the singer is teaming up with Ruben Studdard, the "Velvet Teddy Bear" who bested the crooner in the show's second season.

"We've been talking for years about trying to do something together and had never really found the time to do it," Aiken said. The singer said the former competitors will combine their distinct musical styles on the summer tour.

"It's kind of a musical revue of sorts — some of the biggest hits and greatest songs, from our point of view — and songs that have influenced us from over the past five decades," Aiken revealed. "We're really good friends and have a great time when we're together, so I think it's going to be a lot of fun to do a tour like this, for us and for the audiences, too."

Aiken released his fifth studio album, Tried & True, a collection of standards, on June 1.

Do you think Clay Aiken would make a good "American Idol" judge? Let us know in the comments!

MTV.com

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »
Check out some new items in the store at the OFC.

http://clayaiken.com/store

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 25, 2010

gfxgfx
gfx