gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229964 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 26, 2024, 04:31:01 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network June 7th 2019
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aiken News Network June 7th 2019  (Read 801 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Aiken News Network June 7th 2019
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
Happy opening Night for Clay on Grease! Doing it for 2 weeks! Hope he has an amazing run and people love him! Will share anything I can find! Here is the interview again he did!

https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/theater-dance/2019/06/05/Clay-Aiken-Pittsburgh-CLO-Grease-Simon-Cowell-American-Idol-theater-musical/stories/201906040130?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_PittsburghPG

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: Aiken News Network June 7th 2019
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:35:36 AM »
Not about Grease but Ryan mentions Clay and Ruben as one of his favorite moments on AI!

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/tv/american-idol-ryan-seacrest-reveals-his-favorite-moments-ever.html/

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 05:49:36 PM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »
More! Look at those shoes! lol I really hope we get some kind of clack and I want to hear him sing Beauty School Drop Out the Clay Aiken spin to it as he said!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Clay-Aiken-Zach-Adkins-Jackie-Burns-and-More-Star-In-GREASE-at-Pittsburgh-CLO-20190607

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »
This sounds amazing! They said he nailed it! Recap from CV.............

NCwannabe
Meryle and I were holding each other's hand as we knew his number was coming up. He came out to a very welcoming round-of-applause as he arrived with a flourish of his arms on a top-tier of the stage. The shoes are incredible! We don't know how he walked in them! Then to our absolute horror, he had to walk down the steps in the things to the Beat of the Music. But he did it flawlessly! All the while, flourishing with his arms and being over-the-top flamboyant and singing his heart out. The audience was eating it up. It's Camp to the max. He rubbed shoulders with the shirtless guys a few times, and then at one point, actually has his back toward their chest and sort of leans back against them and moans. It was hilarious! His voice sounded wonderful, hit a glory note or two. And also had a lot of control in the softer parts. If you can call any of the campy schtick soft. LOL. He towers over the actress who plays Frenchie. The shirtless guys pick him up at the end of the number, and he hits a glory note while he's up there and the audience loved it they were hooting and hollering. Not only was the suit glittery, he had a ton of rings on his fingers that would catch the light and glitter all over the place. He's Glittering from head to toe! He does come out for for the finale, still in his role with the flamboyant arms and those shoes. It was classic, campy clay at his absolute best. He nailed it. And the audience loved it. It was a great show!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 11:11:46 PM »
Another recap!

That was some performance. He was so good that when he tripped at the end of his number as he was exiting the stage, I have no idea whether it was intentional or not. I was holding my breath when he was walking down those stairs in those shoes. But he didn't miss a beat.

It was great to be reminded of how he can command a stage -- with his voice. There was both surprise and appreciation in the audience.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network June 7th 2019

gfxgfx
gfx