gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230002 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 04:39:54 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 23
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 23  (Read 1475 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 23
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 23  (Read 878 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 23
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:24:15 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remember, Information is not knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom;
Wisdom is not truth; Truth is not beauty; Beauty is not love;
Love is not music; Music is the best." -Frank Zappa

TGIF!

Music IS the best!  Welcome to the presale ticket jubilee!  Today is the day when we find out just what we will put ourselves through for the opportunity to see and hear Clay LIVE!  This morning, at 9:00 am EST the flood gates will open as we all swarm Ticketmaster to get our tix fix.

I hope you're registered, your account is all set up, and you have your seating charts printed out.   I hope the smoke has cleared and your credit card has cooled off from the workout you gave it on Wednesday.

I wish you all good luck, good karma and good seats! 

TICKETMASTER

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 11:29:55 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLAY'S AIKEN FOR ACTIN'

Thursday, January 22 02:46 PM)By Daniel Fienberg
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Last spring FOX's ratings behemoth "American Idol" helped force NBC to move "Ed" from its comfortable Wednesday night digs to the Friday night exile that nearly sealed the show's fate.
This Friday (Jan. 23), in what can best be described as an act of repentance, "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken will make a guest appearance on "Ed." Playing himself, Aiken comes not to bury the small-town dramedy, but to boost its ratings.
"I kinda played myself and it seemed like a one-time thing that worked into the script, but maybe I'll become a Stuckeyville resident," Aiken says hopefully.
The "Ed" visit, in which he shares scenes with star Tom Cavanagh and Daryl "Chill" Mitchell, is the latest piece in Aiken's attempt to diversify his professional portfolio. This cameo follows an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" earlier in the week and the momentum will continue with Aiken's musical appearance (and possible skit duties) on a February episode of "Saturday Night Live."
While Aiken is slowly dipping his toes into the acting waters, he wary about following in the footsteps of Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini, who literally stormed the acting beaches in the disastrous "From Justin to Kelly." While Aiken won't admit to being one of that film's dozen paying customers, he seems to have learned a lesson or two.
"Part of what made that movie a little bit more difficult to swallow was the fact that it happened so fast," he says. "Justin and Kelly went from being very successful on the show to trying to parlay that into something so quickly and what... I've been trying to do is trying to do things more slowly."
In fact, Aiken weighed many potential acting offers before deciding that "Ed" had the qualities he was looking for.
"I talked to a lot of people back homewho were familiar with the show and the thing that resonated with every single person I spoke to was how family oriented it was something that everybody could sit down and watch together," Aiken explains.
While Aiken's life has been turned upside down in the past 12 months, to some extent, he maintains the veneer of the innocent boy-next-door who drove "American Idol" viewers to their phones all spring. He's humble to a fault and he minds his language to the extreme of referring to "damn" as "The D-Word."
Suddenly, though, after months of being endlessly open with the press, he has started to become guarded about certain aspects of his personal life. Aiken's handlers are quick to shut down a variety of questions and the singer himself becomes aggressively terse when discussion turns to his estranged biological father. He admits that his schedule and the pressures of being constantly recognized have made him into something of a hermit.
Aiken isn't ready to distance himself from his reality show background. He's about to being a lengthy tour with the show's first season winner Kelly Clarkson. However, he admits, "To some extent it would be nice to not be known as the runner-up for the rest of my life."
Having shifted to a string of NBC shows, Aiken doesn't want to slow his roll with the network.
"I don't know how it would work out, but I want to be on 'The West Wing,'" He says innocently. "I don't think that politics and entertainment really mesh together too well."

ZAP 2 IT LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 11:41:57 PM »   

Although HDD sales numbers this week failed to place MoaM in their top 50, this week's Billboard chart bears out that in fact,

MoaM finished at #35!

Soundscan numbers must have factored high in order to make this kind of jump in the sales number.   I don't have the exact number, but after charting at #32 week before last, this #35 place finish is great news!

BILLBOARD 200 ALBUM CHART

Invisible did fall out of the Top 50 of the Hot 100 Single chart.  Ruben's single, Sorry 2004 moved up from #35 to #20 on the singles chart.
Invisible peaked at #37.

paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:04:44 AM »   

I just read about the presale through ticketmaster. Is there a password or something special we should know?  Is it the same as the other day (kellyclay and independent)?  Please reply soon!!!!  I totally missed out on Wed and was very upset. I hope I can get them today .  Also, will there be a ticket limit for the presale?  On the regular sale it is 8 tickets (in Phila)  Thanks!!

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 06:49:24 AM »   

Here is Connecticut my password is claykelly. 

Lorraine

hnl97
SuperFan

Clay's Georgia Peach

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 08:26:59 AM »   

Ticketmaster won't take my password, and it says my email address is missing an @ and "." What does that mean? Do we have to put our adress in ""?

"Baby, you don't know what it's like, oh, no, you don't know what it's like -- to love someobody, to love somebody, the way I love you........"

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 11:18:51 AM »   

WEB SAVVY FANS GET FIRST SHOT AT TICKETS

Aiken/Clarkson concert pre-sale today

Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken, two of 2003's best selling new artists, are joining forces for their first major nationwide headlining tour set to kick off at the Charlotte Coliseum at 7 p.m., Feb. 24.

AEG Live and the Charlotte Coliseum are offering an Internet pre-sale today from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., tickets will be available exclusively on ticketmaster.com.

Tickets go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Saturday, January 24 also on ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 704-522-6500.

Called the "Independent" tour, the two RCA Music Group stars will perform in 30 cities across the United States.

Both artists enjoyed phenomenal success in 2003. Spurred by sales of "A Moment Like This/Before Your Love," which earned her a Billboard Music Award for Best Selling single of 2002, and the runaway smash "Miss Independent," Clarkson's RCA/19 Entertainment debut album "Thankful" entered The Billboard Top 200 album chart at No. 1 last April. Aiken's RCA/19 Entertainment debut "Measure Of A Man," featuring 2003's biggest selling single "This Is The Night," achieved the same milestone by entering the Billboard Top 200 album chart at No. 1 upon its release in late October.

Raleigh, NC native Aiken, who won the Fan Choice Award at this year's American Music Awards and a Billboard Music Award for Best Selling Single of 2003, was named one of People Magazine's "Sexiest Men" and "Top Entertainers Of The Year."

Aiken was also featured on the cover of Rolling Stone (who named him one of the magazine's People Of The Year), Entertainment Weekly (who picked Clay as one of the twenty-five "Entertainers Of The Year") and TV Guide (whose readers voted him Favorite Reality Star of 2003). Aiken has also been featured in Time Magazine, Elle Magazine, Teen People, and Newsweek.

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER LINK

cassms
  ticketmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 11:20:58 AM »   

missing the @ and something means that you didn't put in your ISP, e.g., like youremailaddress@yahoo.com.  Good luck!

shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 11:20:59 AM »   

I too checked into ticketmaster this morning and it states web pre-sale, but it's dead when you click on it and it doesn't ask for a special password. They also didn't notify me as they are supposed to.  They are a total pain. I have tickets but wanted to see if there were any more good ones' available.

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!

Natalya
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 02:10:48 PM »   

Hi all, I definitely need help with this. I've never been to any kind of concert before, and there is no way i'm going to miss seeing Clay... so first off, which tickets are the best that will get you closest to Clay? What is the floor exactly? is it cheaper to buy the tickets on presale? and is it likely that there won't be good ones available after today?  :?
please help me out here cuz i just don't know what to buy :oops:
~Natalya

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 23

gfxgfx
gfx