gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230004 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 05:48:15 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANAUARY 22
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANAUARY 22  (Read 937 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANAUARY 22
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:43:50 PM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 22  (Read 1575 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 22
« on: January 21, 2004, 11:49:16 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is Thursday.  The day after the surprise ticket stampede and the day before the upcoming ticket stampede.  I hope everyone got something that will get them into all the concerts they are able to attend.   :)

Today's words of wisdom have to do with....patience.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."   -Jean Jacques Rousseau

It would have however, been sweeter if we had some advance notice of the previously referred to surprise ticket stampede. 
Just my opinion of course.   :

Here's a bit of news:

Clay's graduation will be featured on Inside Edition tonight.  Check your local schedule for channel information.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 12:03:43 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO IDOLS MIA

Studdard, Guarini take back seat to hotter Aiken, Clarkson
MELISSA RUGGIERI
MUSIC CRITIC Jan 22, 2004

Imagine you're Ruben Studdard.

Sure, your debut album shipped platinum (1 million copies) and opened at No. 1, but it's already tumbled to the low end of the top 10 on the Billboard album chart. Meanwhile, Josh Groban's older wimp-fest, "Closer" (yeah, we know he can sing, but his music is still wussy), has booted the mighty OutKast off its perch to claim the top spot.

More tellingly, Clay Aiken, Studdard's second-in-command on "American Idol," got a jump on the cover of Rolling Stone, an earlier album release and, as it turns out, an extra million or so in sales so far.

Now the real stinger.

Guess who's touring together this winter? Nope, not "American Idol Winners Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Studdard," but "American Idol Winner Kelly Clarkson and the Guy Everyone Thinks Won, Clay Aiken." Studdard is planning his own smaller-scale tour this spring, but come on. Who's getting the massive publicity push and booking into arenas (which will surely sell out)? Whose spiky-haired head will be beaming from magazine ads and billboards in every major city? Not Studdard.

But it could be worse for the Velvet Teddy Bear. He could be Justin Guarini.

On Monday's season opener for the third "AI," eternal puppy dog Ryan Seacrest proclaimed from the aisle of a Rose Bowl full of bright-eyed egoists, freaks and genuine talent that "they're all here hoping to be the next Kelly Clarkson! Or Ruben Studdard! Or Clay Aiken!"

(snip)

Which leads us to this new "AI" season. At this point, as the charmingly frank Simon Cowell mentioned several times, the bar has been raised. Think back to that first batch of wannabes. Ryan Starr, anyone? And she made the Top 10. Now compare those finalists to last year's. Of course, Studdard and Aiken ruled that crop (not to mention Kimberly Caldwell and Trenyce), but overall, the final pickings contained a lot more meat.

(snip)

TIMES DISPATCH LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 12:05:24 AM »   

KICK UP OUR HEELS, CAROLINA

Let's not forget Clay Aiken. Even if you don't like his flavor of sweet pop music, you have to love his infectious smile, his big heart and his genuine charm. He's the darling of everybody from blushing schoolgirls to giggling grandmas, yet he seems to take it all in with humility, gratitude and good humor.

Yes, I know, Ruben Studdard won the "American Idol" competition, but our boy Clay won the hearts of America with his impressive talent and warm Southern graciousness.

NEWS & OBSERVER LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 01:19:45 AM »   

AIKEN MAKIN ED STOP

Clay Aiken took notes when "From Justin to Kelly" tanked at the box office last summer.
    "American Idol's" favorite runner-up is staying on the small screen, for now. He guests on tomorrow's episode of NBC's "Ed," playing himself in a small role. That's a far cry from "Justin," in which "American Idol" contestants Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini took on full-fledged assignments.
    "I think part of what made that movie a little more difficult to swallow is that it happened so fast," says an unerringly polite Mr. Aiken during a telephone press conference on "Ed's" behalf.
    "I'm trying to do things more slowly... I do this, I'll do a skit on 'Saturday Night Live' maybe, and I'll go from there."
    The "Idol" graduate will sing "This Magic Moment" and his new single, "The Way," on tomorrow's show and say only a few lines of dialogue.
    The producers of "Ed" sought Mr. Aiken for a story in which Eli (Daryl Mitchell) invites him to appear on his radio station to save Eli's boss's job. The episode also guest-stars Blair Brown, Burt Reynolds and Lea Thompson, but Mr. Aiken clearly is the big draw.
    The singer says he wasn't a regular "Ed" watcher before the gig — the two shows ran head to head when he was duking it out on "Idol" — so he did his research.
    He touched base with some old friends back home to get their take on the show before accepting.
    "The thing that resonated with most people was how family-oriented it was," Mr. Aiken says. "It was a good show that had great subject matter."
    As for the new round of "Idol," which debuted this week, Mr. Aiken doesn't sound afraid that the next winner will overshadow his blossoming career.
    "Every year, there's a different element as to who wins and what comes out. The public picks what they're in the mood for at that time and what they don't have," he says.
    When Miss Clarkson won, she was the girl next door, Mr. Aiken adds.
    For the follow-up installment, "we didn't have a skinny, dorky kid from the South, so they pick me," he says in that sweet North Carolina twang. "That's what's neat about the show. It gets different artists."
    He holds no regrets about the experience and what may come, but he also harbors hope that he'll grow beyond "Idol's" borders.
    "That's what got me here, but it would be nice not to be known as the runner-up for the rest of my life."

WASHINGTON TIMES LINK

houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 06:18:35 AM »   

"That's what got me here, but it would be nice not to be known as the runner-up for the rest of my life."

Awe, we dont see you as a runner-up, Clay.  You are a "double platinum, possibly triple, recording artist"  :P  :

hnl97
SuperFan

Clay's Georgia Peach

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 08:45:35 AM »   

and the Guy Everyone Thinks Won, Clay Aiken."

Clay, sweetheart, this is what you are to us! Who cares about the title??Everyone knows who the real "winner" is...........

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANAUARY 22

gfxgfx
gfx