gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229991 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 12:49:10 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 30
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 30  (Read 1103 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 30
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 30
« on: December 30, 2003, 09:57:41 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Countdown to 2004:  2 days!   Have you made your resolutions yet?   :roll:

Rap, rock ruled; sales slid

Music sales continued to fall off a cliff this year, but the news isn't all bad.
Rock, rap and female artists are on a roll.

Comparing the 20 biggest CDs in the last three years shows a scary sales decline. In 2001, the figures for the top 20 added up to 67.5 million. Last year, that number dropped to 51.3 million. In 2003, it was 47.4 million.

That's nearly a one-third dropoff in just two years.

(snip)

Those who want to cheat a bit can stick the American Idols in that
bin — Kelly Clarkson at No. 16 and Clay Aiken at No. 19. But those
stars also appeal to many adults, as do three other significant
sellers from this past year: Norah Jones (at No. 2), the "Chicago"
soundtrack (12) and Cher (14).

NY DAILY NEWS LINK

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 10:00:50 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay is still number 1 at Rolling Stone - Hottest Artist and MoaM is the higest reader rated album.   :D

Clay has four of the top 6 reader rated songs as well.  The Clayborhood  :  at Rolling Stone is a powerful force!

ROLLING STONE LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 10:02:46 AM »   

Here is a link to today's Luann comic - the plot thickens!  Who is in that dark vehicle?  Could it be...Clay?!? And is all this going to be a CAT's fault?  eek!

LUANN LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 10:06:44 AM »   

If you have the time to place an extra vote or two online for Invisible, we can continue to keep it on top of the chart!  Yesterday it was number 4 so let's get busy and move it back up!  We only have a couple more weeks until Invisible will be retired, so let's make sure to keep it on the charts until that time.  Remember there is a new sticky thread in the GOT CLAY forum for all TRL discussion now!

ThanX!

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

You can vote on the Net or by phone (AI flashback!)
It's more effective to call in your votes if at all possible, because 1 phone call=50 online votes. Your phoned in votes count for the next day's show, and no calls are accepted on the weekends. 

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.  TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

You can vote online all day, but you can only call in 3 times a day per phone line. 

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688)
Call 30 minutes prior to the show starting!

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE.
Vote online all day!

I think it's very important for Clay's video to get lots of airplay.  It's a desirable demographic.  Since MTV hardly ever shows videos anymore, outside of TRL, it's our best chance of seeing it, and it's our best opportunity to help Clay in this demographic.

Go to ABSOLUTE TRL for daily recaps!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 10:10:27 AM »   

If you missed it the first time, the Jimmy Kimmel Live episode with Clay and Britney will be reaired on ABC tonight!

Also, the Entertainment Weekly Entertainers of the Year program will reair today on the BRAVO channel.  Here is the schedule for the repeat episodes:

Tues 12/30 3pm
Tues 12/30 7pm
Wed 12/31 2am

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 10:16:33 AM »   

According to ROCK ON TV Clay is tentatively scheduled to appear on the Ellen Degeneres Show again on January 5. 

Check CLAY TV for the latest on Clay's TV appearance schedule!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 03:54:30 PM »   

INTERVIEW WITH EXEC PRODUCER OF MTV NYE BASH

We've been doing New Year's since we moved into our studio, which was '97 or something like that. This is my first year doing the show. Simple Plan is going to do a medley of their own songs, and then they have a special surprise performance at midnight. Hilary Duff is doing two songs, she's also co-hosting. Clay Aiken is doing two songs.

MEDIA BISTRO LINK

Don't forget tomorrow night at 10:30 on MTV - Clay!  Two songs! My guess would be Invisible and The Way.  Out with the old and in with the new.  Or something like that.  Hey, he could sing The Cow Went Over the Mountain and I would tune in.   :) 

cjrmax
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 04:34:22 PM »   

Hey, he could sing The Cow Went Over the Mountain and I would tune in.

He would look soooooooooooooo cute singing that song!!!

Then again, he looks soooooooooooooooo cute singing ANY song!

He looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute singing no song!!

Heck, he just looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!   :D

kirk48
  Clay fell all the way to ninth!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 02:49:13 AM »   

Holy smoke, Clay fell all the way to ninth place on the chart. I suppose we have been too busy with the holidays to vote. Time to correct that.

savalade
  TRL #9 place
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 06:30:04 AM »   

Actually TRL listed the TOP 10 #1 videos of the year.

So it is great that he was #9 - his video was #1 six times.  That is great since his has only been on 35 days

kirk48
  Well arighty then
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 09:31:36 AM »   

Well arighty then Savalade. I couldn't sleep last night so I was looking at the list at 3am. I feel a lot better now that you pointed out what a dork I am. LOL. I was in a state of panic over Clay having dropped from #4 to #9  in one day. I guess I figured it was because I hadn't made my three calls for the last few days; like that would make that much difference. So #9 is a good thing in this case. I don't know if this matters, but I am a 55 year old man and if someone had told them a year ago that I would be worried about an artist's position on the TRL list I would have said "Oh, Bull#^&*!

Claymate16
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 09:36:28 AM »   

Quote from: Pamela
Who is in that dark vehicle? Could it be...Clay?!? And is all this going to be a CAT's fault? eek!

I think Puddles is a dog

kirk48
  Puddlles is chasing the cat
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 11:34:12 AM »   

I think Pamela is refering to the cat that Puddles spots on the otherside of the street; then runs out in front of the black SUV causing it to screech to a halt . . . and so forth.

Claymate16
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2004, 09:26:17 PM »   

o ok gotcha

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

Re: Well arighty then
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2004, 10:47:17 PM »   

Quote from: kirk48
I guess I figured it was because I hadn't made my three calls for the last few days; like that would make that much difference. So #9 is a good thing in this case.

It matters! It matters!  Every vote matters.   :)

Quote from: kirk48
I don't know if this matters, but I am a 55 year old man and if someone had told them a year ago that I would be worried about an artist's position on the TRL list I would have said "Oh, Bull#^&*

kirk48 you are cracking me up!  :mrgreen:
Don't worry...I doubt very seriously you're the only who thinks such things.  Sometimes I wonder about my own self but I usually get over it pretty quickly.

It's fun to work for a winner.   :

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 30

gfxgfx
gfx