gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229986 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 27, 2024, 01:27:27 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 27
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 27  (Read 1303 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 27
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 27  (Read 833 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 27
« on: December 27, 2003, 09:29:21 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the time of the year when all those 'Best of 2003' articles proliferate the media and as you know, most of them are bitter diatribes of all that was not so pleasant about the year.  Yes, Clay does come up in some of them.  I'm going to post a couple of them but not all of them because really, what's the point?  Besides, we will soon have a thread in GOT CLAY where we can list our own Top 10 Clay Moments of 2003.  So there!

The best of the year was too often touched by the ghost of the past
Idols

We'll place Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kelly Clarkson and the entire "American Idol" debacle in this category, for clearly, the show venerated the "appearance of perfection" over any genuine striving toward it. Consider the whole thing an air-brushing of popular music.

Britney Spears can join the Idols, for her soulless schtick has worn quite thin. So can Rod Stewart, who betrayed whatever credibility he still clung to from his days with the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces by reconfiguring himself as a Muzak maven.

Toby Keith will find he's in good company here; he made a fool of himself by toting around an acoustic guitar with a huge "Ford" company logo emblazoned on it and acting as an unpaid (we assume) public relations spokesman for the Bush administration.

LINK

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 09:31:02 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV-spawned celebs got on our nerves

• American Idol. I know it has millions of devoted fans, but the debate over who should have won last year's sing-off - Clay Aiken or Reuben Stoddard - was just stupid. Both are decent singers, and one is mildly impressed by Aiken's determination to keep the songs he sings clean. Sorry, but I prefer my singers with a little more mileage on them - people who've played the sort of dives where half the crowd is passed out and the other half is chucking beer bottles at you.

LINK

Note:  All misspellings are the property of the writer, not me!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 09:37:50 AM »   

Sorry, but I prefer my singers with a little more mileage on them - people who've played the sort of dives where half the crowd is passed out and the other half is chucking beer bottles at you.

Lovely. If you like crappy music, then no, Clay isn't the one for you. I think I'll just consider the source on that one and not even let it bother me. :)

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 10:04:51 AM »   

DID YOU GUYS EVER NOTICE THAT MUSIC CRITICS IN GENERAL HAVE A REALLY HARD TIME SAYING SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT ANYONE?  BRITTANY?  MAYBE, BUT AS MUCH AS I DISLIKE WHAT SHE REPRESENTS, PEOPLE ARE BUYING HER STUFF SO........  INTERESTING THAT TOBY KEITH WAS ALSO CRITICIZED.  HE HAS A WONDERFUL SONG ON HIS CD CALLED, "THE CRITIC".  HMM.  I WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE EVER TRY TO APPRECIATE SOMEONE'S TALENT.  EXCEPT FRED, OF COURSE.

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Clayomyheart
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 12:51:35 PM »   

I love it!!  These critics can't stand it that we, the music buying public, aren't dependent on their sage advice to  buy our music or that an artist can sell 2 million cd's with barely a nod from them.  Yippee!!!  We can actually think for ourselves and they aren't needed.  They are shaking in their boots.

Clayton Clayniac
  Raleigh's WRAL-TV including Clay in highlights of 2003!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 01:25:19 PM »   

Saw an ad last night with newscaster David Crabtree talking about WRAL's highlights of 2003 to be shown tonight, Saturday, Dec. 27, at 7:30pm, and of course, Clay will be part of it!  Check it out!

"Love lives on if you'll give on....Give LOVE!
Clayton Clayniac

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 04:39:26 PM »   

Quote from: Clayomyheart
I love it!!  These critics can't stand it that we, the music buying public, aren't dependent on their sage advice to  buy our music or that an artist can sell 2 million cd's with barely a nod from them.  Yippee!!!  We can actually think for ourselves and they aren't needed.  They are shaking in their boots.

Amen sister.  And hallelujah too.  :mrgreen:  We don't need no stinkin critics to tell us what to like.  That's insulting to what little bit of intelligence I have left.   :

clayton clayniac Thanks for the heads up!

cjrmax
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 10:13:26 AM »   

Sorry, but I prefer my singers with a little more mileage on them - people who've played the sort of dives where half the crowd is passed out and the other half is chucking beer bottles at you.

I find this argument interesting because when you first hear a song, do you know how much "mileage" the singer or band have on them?  Do you know where, or if, they paid their dues?  No. You only know if you like or dislike the music.  Only in a situation like AI do you KNOW ahead of time where the singer came from.  I would bet there are more than a few successful artists out there who paid relatively few dues.  I bet there are some who were even "discovered"!  But we don't know about them. 

Like the music or dislike the music, but don't discount anyone solely because you don't think they have enough "mileage" on them!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 27

gfxgfx
gfx