gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229983 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 27, 2024, 10:14:02 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 8
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 8  (Read 1212 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 8
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 8  (Read 845 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 8
« on: December 08, 2003, 09:11:19 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't posted any news lately ...I actually took a vacation for the past few days!  So now I'm playing catch up.  Hopefully, some other folks found and posted the news while I was gone?  Well, if not, here's some for you.

“Invisible” CD-Single Put on Hold as Album and Single Move Up the Charts
by David Bloomberg -- 12/08/2003

The “Invisible/Solitaire” CD-Single has been put on hold. While we don’t know precisely why, we do have word from Clay’s mother on the situation. Furthermore, the single from the album moves up the chart and even the album itself makes a surprising move up.

As many readers have noticed from the short note in the righthand column of this site, the release date for Clay’s CD-single of “Invisible” and “Solitaire” has been delayed. It was originally supposed to be released tomorrow, the same day as Ruben’s album, Soulful. However, it was almost immediately delayed a week. Now, it has been pushed even further back.

There is very little news available. Clay’s official site merely notes, “The release of the 'Invisible' CD Single has been put on hold. Check back for the release date soon!” Foxes On Idol has been in contact with Clay’s mother, Faye Parker, to try to get some more information.

Ms. Parker said that she knew the single was originally slated for the 9th and then pushed back to the 16th, as we said. However, “There are some issues on how to release the single and I don't think the record company and Clayton have reached a solution yet. … Sometimes the industry gets ahead of itself on promotions.”

She added that the single will definitely be released at some point, when the issues have been resolved. She further noted for fans that “the song is great.” So they should find that it’s worth waiting for.

It is worth mentioning that Amazon.com still lists the release date for the single as December 16, but that is apparently incorrect and simply has not been changed yet.

In the meantime, when we last updated you on Clay Aiken’s premiere album, Measure of a Man, back on November 20, it had fallen from #8 to #13 on the charts. Meanwhile, his single from that album (obviously not yet released separately, per the discussion above), “Invisible,” wasn’t in the Top 50 yet.

The following week, Billboard reported that the album was down another two notches to #15 as new debuts continued to pile on the sales pressure. However, that same week “Invisible” moved up from #53 to #44, showing that some radio stations are indeed playing it.

Continuing its slow progression up the chart, “Invisible” moved up another notch last week, to #43. In a somewhat surprising change, however, Billboard also reported that Measure of a Man reversed course and went up a notch from #15 to #14.

Also last week, fans were finally able to push the video for “Invisible” up to the top spot on MTV’s TRL.

Once the single of “Invisible” and “Solitaire” is released, it should shoot up the singles chart. So we will be watching for that and also keep you updated if we find out anything new.

FOXES ON IDOL LINK

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jingle Bell Bash review:

"American Idol" Clay Aiken took the stage after Simple Plan. The heartthrob received the night's loudest cheers, but Aiken delivered a disappointingly short set. He left the stage after performing only three songs. Station officials said Aiken had a sore throat and was only scheduled to perform for a short period of time.

LINK

cjrmax
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 09:27:14 PM »   

Welcome back, Pamela!  Hope you had a nice vacation.

Good news about the charts.  Funny, seems since the date you noted that both "Invisible" and MOAM rose on the charts, the one station here in Philly I have heard "Invisible" on hasn't been playing it!  Granted, I only listen during the day, but they were playing it twice during the day and for the last 2 weeks I haven't heard it once!  Guess I'll have to respectfully request it again!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 09:28:36 PM »   

Another Jingle Bell Bash review:

Aiken delivered hit-and-run style. The lanky newcomer, who finished second on "American Idol" last season, sang just three numbers from debut "Measure of a Man," backed by canned music. Then shrill cheers disintegrated into bewildered murmuring as Aiken left the stage after singing his biggest hit, "Invisible." What a tease. At least Avril Lavigne was sick last year when she delivered just two songs.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 09:38:41 PM »   

The Durham Bulls today announced a photo of the Durham Bulls Athletic Park has been selected for the 2004 Baseball America Great Parks Calendar. It is being selected for the second time in the 10-year history of the ballpark.

The image, taken by Jim Shaw of Bob Boyd Photography, depicts a capacity crowd at the Bulls game on May 8th when American Idol's Clay Aiken performed the National Anthem at the ballpark. It features the famous Blue Monster and Snorting Bull in left field along with the skyline of downtown Durham.

"That was a great day," Durham Bulls General Manager Mike Birling said, "We had a huge crowd, an entertaining game and a Bulls victory. We're honored that Baseball America selected an image from that game for their calendar."

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 09:42:38 PM »   

Quote from: cjrmax
Welcome back, Pamela!  Hope you had a nice vacation.
Good news about the charts.  Funny, seems since the date you noted that both "Invisible" and MOAM rose on the charts, the one station here in Philly I have heard "Invisible" on hasn't been playing it!  Granted, I only listen during the day, but they were playing it twice during the day and for the last 2 weeks I haven't heard it once!  Guess I'll have to respectfully request it again!

Thanks cjrmax! 
Is your station playing Christmas music?  Many stations are, and it has reduced the number of spins for other songs.  But either way, it never hurts to make that one phone call every day to request Invisible.  Or an email works too...

We have several stations in Raleigh playing Christmas music now.  Only 17 more days you know!   :

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 09:44:21 PM »   

Measure of a Man is listed in amazon.com's list of the Top 10 Pop CDs of 2003:

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 09:52:05 PM »   

I wanted to share this email with you from Clay's Official Fan Club.  Many of you did not receive the first email because of anti spam software you may have on your computer.  I will post them here as I get them.  (I didn't get the first one either!)

Happy Holidays from Clay Online!

Thank you for subscribing to the Clay Aiken Official Fan Club mailing list. Plans are in full force to get the fan club launched soon. We appreciate your patience and are excited about bringing you the most current information about Clay, as well as an opportunity for fans of all ages and from all places to meet each other and discuss Clay and his music.

As this holiday season approaches, take time to tell those who are special to you how much you care for them and are thankful for them! We would like to express our sincerest thanks to the many wonderful fans from all over the world that have made this such a successful year for Clay!

Keep checking for updates…a special message to you from Clay will be coming soon!

--Suzanne

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Billboard Music Awards: Clay will be performing at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas this Wednesday, December 10th. Clay is a finalist for the “Best Selling Single of the Year” award for ‘This is the Night’/’Bridge Over Troubled Water.’ Watch for him as he strolls down the red carpet with a beautiful lady by his side, one who knows Clay like no other – his mother, Faye Parker!

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation: The foundation’s web site has been launched! We invite everyone to check it out and find ways they can help make a difference in their schools, communities, and work places for young people with developmental disabilities. Come register and answer the call to lend your voice for children with special needs. Thank you to the many people who donated to the foundation in honor of Clay’s 25th birthday on November 30th! Please continue to support the foundation by sending donations to: The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, P.O. Box 90307, Raleigh, NC 27675.

Give a gift of membership: Need a gift idea for those Clay fan friends and family of yours? What better gift than a membership to Clay’s official fan club! Click here to download a printable coupon to give as a gift to that loved one as a promise that you will purchase a year of membership to Clay Online for him or her when the fan club site is launched! But remember…you have to keep your promises!

Fan Mail: Thank you to the many people who have been sending fan mail to Clay (and his puppy Raleigh, too!) Clay has received fan mail from as far away as Singapore and New Zealand. It is always exciting to read what you have to say! A new official fan mail address and e-mail address will be announced soon.

Mailing List: Some concerns have been expressed to us about people not receiving the first e-mail update that we sent. Due to the high volume of e-mails we are sending, many ISPs have flagged our updates as spam. Even if you think you personally have no “anti-spam” software installed in your mail program, your ISP might. We are working with ISPs to assure that our e-mails get to everyone, however new anti-spam policies are causing some issues that need to be worked out. In the meantime, don’t worry…These e-mail updates will be available at Clay Online soon! (This really could be a good thing…maybe one day soon we’ll stop getting all those “get out of debt,” “refinance you mortgage,” and on-line dating service advertisements that so many of us are used to having clog up our inboxes!)

TRL: Congratulations to Clay for ‘Invisible’ reaching #1 on TRL! Thanks to everyone who voted. Keep up the good work! (See Clay's official site for more details on voting and to join Clay’s TRL team!)

‘Invisible’ and ‘Solitaire’ Single: The release of Clay’s next single has been postponed. Don’t worry, though! It has not been canceled. You will be able to hear Clay’s version of Neil Sedaka’s hit song ‘Solitaire’ soon!

Upcoming Clay television appearances:

A&E Special: Ten to Watch on December 9th (A&E)
Billboard Music Awards on December 10th (FOX)
Dateline on December 14th (NBC)
Entertainment Weekly Entertainers of the Year Special on December 14th (BRAVO)
Disney Christmas Special on December 25th
Good Morning America on December 25th (ABC)
TV Guide Greatest Moments/Awards on December 28th
Check local listings for show times!

Be on the look out for more updates about Clay and the fan club coming soon!

cjrmax
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 10:01:19 PM »   

Pamela wrote:

Is your station playing Christmas music?

Actually they aren't!  They play one Christmas song a day and its for some contest!  I think I will e-mail them, and while I'm about it request that when they DO play Christmas music they might want to try Clay's "First Noel"!

Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 10:03:28 PM »   

Thanks for the post Pamela,

‘Invisible’ and ‘Solitaire’ Single: The release of Clay’s next single has been postponed. Don’t worry, though! It has not been canceled. You will be able to hear Clay’s version of Neil Sedaka’s hit song ‘Solitaire’ soon!

I no longer have to worry that it won't be released

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 10:38:45 PM »   

Clay was #1 on TRL today?!?  Yeah!

December 8th Recap:
Wannabes:
-Outkast f/ Sleepy Brown - The Way You Move
-Puddle of Mudd - Away From Me
-Kelis - Milkshake

10-Jay-Z f/ Pharrell - Change Clothes And Go (3rd Day/NA/Peak: 08)
09-Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within (32nd Day/NA/Peak: 01[02])
08-B2K f/ Fabolous - Badaboom (5th Day/=/Peak: 06)
07-Kelly Clarkson - The Trouble With Love Is (15th Day/=/Peak: 06)
06-Chingy f/ Ludacris & Snoop Dogg - Holidae In (8th Day/=/Peak: 06)
05-Good Charlotte - Hold On (14th Day/=/Peak: 01[04])
04-G-Unit - Stunt 101 (36th Day/=/Peak: 03)
03-Blink-182 - Feeling This (26th Day/=/Peak: 01[01])
02-Britney Spears f/ Madonna - Me Against The Music (28th Day/=/Peak: 01[18])
01-Clay Aiken - Invisible (23rd Day/=/Peak: 01[03])

Notes:
-Damien, La La and Quddus host.
-Eva Mendez drops by.
-MTV News: Eminem song about the president and P. Diddy NBA jerseys.
-Bethony Hamilton visits.

Falloffs:
10-No Doubt - It's My Life
09-FeFe Dobson - Take Me Away

ABSOLUTE TRL

paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 04:44:26 AM »   

Cjrmax,   Just to let you know... I live in the Phila area. On t radio station 97.5 FM , they play the top requested songs at 9PM , The "Top 9 at 9". On Friday 12/5, "Invisible" was #1. The station said that the number of requests that day had broken a station record!!  They don't play it much in the daytime, but you should hear it aduring that show.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 8

gfxgfx
gfx