gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229995 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 10:07:02 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 5
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 5  (Read 1213 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 5
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 5  (Read 989 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 5
« on: December 04, 2003, 11:51:43 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiken is riding high with his new single, "Invisible," and debut album, "Measure of a Man." He'll be at the Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday, as well as the Entertainment Weekly Entertainers of the Year special airing Dec. 14 on Bravo. Aiken recently won a Fan's Choice Award and had a triumphant night at the American Music Awards.

He'll likely create the biggest stir at the Jingle Bell Bash.

SEATTLE JINGLE BELL BASH

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:12:07 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days ago I posted a story about a local Raleigh songwriter who wrote a song called 'Chasing Clay.'  His daughter is Clay fan, and Clay blew her a kiss at the Raleigh Christmas parade.  He wrote this song, dropped it by a local radio station, WRAL-FM, and they played it on the air.  Here is his web page about the song, with the lyrics and the story behind it.  Cute!

KENNY SHORE

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 09:54:34 AM »   

From the Chicago Tribune, no link because it’s subscription only:

The Grammy trend-watching extended to at least token acknowledgment of the "American Idol" instant-star craze, with singer Kelly Clarkson nominated in the best female pop vocal category ("Miss Independent") and Ruben Studdard named in best R&B vocal ("Superstar"). Clay Aiken's best-selling debut album, "Measure of a Man," wasn't released in time to be considered for this year's awards.

And this from the Miami Herald:

One bit of controversy: Barbra Streisand's The Movie Album and Rod Stewart's As Time Goes By: The Great American Songbook Volume II managed nominations despite a cut-off date for eligibility of Sept. 30. Both albums were released in October.

''I have it in writing from Sony that Barbra was available for purchase on buymusic.com on Sept. 30 and on her website giving access to downloads,'' says Diane Theriot, Senior Vice President of Awards for the Recording Academy. As for Stewart, ``We had the vinyl in our hands in time.''

LINK

I'm not trying to stir things up; in fact, I think most things that happen to and around Clay end up making him stronger and us stronger as fans.

But this is an example of how political the music industry and the Grammy award process can be. 

:roll:

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 10:15:37 AM »   

Well, the industry better just get their panties out of the wad their in because our man Clay is going to be around for a very long time.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 10:16:35 AM »   

Given the Grammys' weakness for commercial stars, perhaps the biggest surprise was that American Idol's Clay Aiken was snubbed. There was speculation that his TV fan base might propel him to multiple nods. It didn't happen, although another Idol alum, Kelly Clarkson, was nominated in best female pop vocal performance for "Miss Independent."

LINK

outthereforclay
  putting a personal end to the grammy thing....
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 01:22:42 PM »   

You know, guys, I've read everyone's posts about this whole Grammy thing and I've tried to follow Pamela's lead and example in staying open minded and accepting about the whole process.

What I've decided to do is STOP reading the posts in the Grammy threads because all they do is get me stirred up with the kind of energy that defeats so many of the feelings that Clay and his music feeds me. I am feeling too good these days with Clay's influence in my life and my own progress in improving my life that I don't want to jeopardize any of it!

So I leave this particular discussion with:

1. my intellectual understanding of the political machinations involved in these award "shows" along with
2. my intuitive certainty that Clay DESERVED at least one nomination, maybe even two, and
3. peace in my heart because I KNOW that Clay is not a "flash in the pan" and will continue to bless us with his gifts for as long as we show him how much he means to us by buying his music,going to see him whenever we can, and sharing our love and appreciation for him by how we live our lives!

cjrmax
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 02:46:23 PM »   

''I have it in writing from Sony that Barbra was available for purchase on buymusic.com on Sept. 30 and on her website giving access to downloads,'' says Diane Theriot, Senior Vice President of Awards for the Recording Academy. As for Stewart, ``We had the vinyl in our hands in time.''

Hmmmm. Interesting. But wasn't Clay's album technically on sale at Amazon.com before September 30th?  And I didn't even know they were making vinyl anymore.  And what, was that the one and only vinyl copy that just happened to get to the Grammy folks in time?  I guess when you're Barbra Streisand and Rod Stewart and have been around that long you are given some slack that a newer artist might not get!  What, they didn't think if they waited they were good enough to get nominated next year? 

Oh well.  You know, its probably not bothering Clay nearly as much as its bothering us!  He knew MOAM was ineligible for this year, so only TITN was in the running, and the pop music category - being as broad as it is - is over loaded with possible nominees.  And you KNOW he's happy for Ruben.  I still don't get it with Ruben's nomination, but so be it.  And its not like Ruben stole a nomination from Clay.  One thing's for sure, TITN would NOT have been in the R & B category! Hey, albums released early in the nominating year do get nods - look at George Harrison's "Brainwashed".  It seems that's been out forever!  So, maybe MOAM will be so honored next year.  We just have to make sure The Powers That Be don't forget about it.

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2003, 03:23:28 PM »   

Well, we know he has the best selling single of 2003.
Whatever they decide to release and when, I predict that he will have the best selling single of 2004.  He will be hard to ignore next year. :D

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 07:07:07 PM »   

Quote from: Moonshot
Well, the industry better just get their panties out of the wad their in because our man Clay is going to be around for a very long time.

:mrgreen:

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

Re: putting a personal end to the grammy thing....
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 07:10:15 PM »   

Quote from: outthereforclay
What I've decided to do is STOP reading the posts in the Grammy threads because all they do is get me stirred up with the kind of energy that defeats so many of the feelings that Clay and his music feeds me. I am feeling too good these days with Clay's influence in my life and my own progress in improving my life that I don't want to jeopardize any of it!

outthere, that is just awesome!  Bravo!!  I'm so proud.

I will continue to post some of the articles though, just so you know.  There may other people who want to read them.

(But I agree with you!)

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 12:02:20 AM »   

Invisible is #1 on last week's Top 10 at TRL.  Sweet!

MTV TRL TOP 10

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 5

gfxgfx
gfx