gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230007 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 08:45:22 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 27
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 27  (Read 1216 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 27
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 27  (Read 747 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 27
« on: November 27, 2003, 11:18:42 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just something else to be thankful for...Invisible is moving up on all the charts! 

Billboard Hot 100 #44 (up from #53)

Hot 100 Airplay #47 (up from #54)

Adult Contemporary #13 (up from #17)

Top 40 #28 (up from #30)

Adult Top 40 #31 (up from #39):

Top 40 Mainstream #20 (up from #23 - Airpower sign)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 06:08:21 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay Aiken: You can spin this one anyone you please, but it still adds up to gold for David Letterman. Aiken, the American Idol loser who has already sold more than 2 million copies of his debut album, made quite an impression on The Late Show Monday night. He and a bearded Paul Newman guest starred -- Aiken sang ... Newman smiled -- and viewers loved it. Letterman beat Jay Leno for the night, something that the CBS star has only done three times this year. The Monday show was the highest rated Monday telecast of Late Show so far during the 2003-04 season. The singing dude from Raleigh, North Carolina just keeps on making people notice that he has something special to offer.

TV NOW LINK

See, we aren't the only ones who know!  And excuse me, but Clay is not 'the American Idol loser.'  GAH!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 06:13:25 PM »   

Attn Claynadians!

Clay Co-hosts!
Listen up all you Claymates!! Clay Aiken is going to be co-hosting the Hit List from New York City on Sunday December 7th!! Danielle caught up with Clay while he was in NYC doing some promotion...you know, Letterman, TRL...and the Hit List!

Clay also autographed a copy of his multi-platinum CD "Measure Of A Man" and we'll be giving it away as a part of our Fan Pack!

So mark your calendars for Sunday, December 7th at 9:00 pm/ET! If you can't catch it then, tune in on Saturday, December 13th at 10:00 pm/ET to check out the repeat!

Clay's not "Invisible" - he's right here on the Hit List!

YTV LINK

Again with the 'Claymates.'  Clay's male fans please don't feel left out!  Isn't there another term they could use...like oh I don't know...'fans?'

mcraig2
SuperFan

Hit List...YTV...
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 09:33:04 PM »   

I hate to sound like the old fogey that I am, but is this a Canadian station or what?   I have no clue what YTV is.  I live in the Detroit area and have never heard of it until I started voting for Clay on that site.

If it's only Canadian, I hope someone grabs a clip for us! (please...anyone?)

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 10:27:32 PM »   

mcraig2, yes this is a Canadian music station.  Evidently anyone can vote though, so there you go!

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:42:59 PM »   

Hi! YTV is a youth tv station geared to school age children and young teens with shows like Beyblade, Goosebumps, Rugrats.  I think it would be like your Nickalodeon.  The Hit List is a weekly t.v. show where the young audience votes for the best videos.

Interesting to note is that Clay's video has only been on the list for two weeks.  A few weeks ago, they played the top 20 and then introduced the new video by Clay.  The following week, it debuted on the list at number one.  They said that it was only the fourth time in the history of that show that a new video debuted at the top of the chart.

A poll on their website where you vote for the best Idol video has Kelly Clarkson at around 60% and Clay at 33%    :evil:

So glad to hear that Clay will be on the show!!!! (I never used to watch it)
We don't get to see TRL  :  :  :

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 11:48:04 PM »   

Quote from: playingclay
Interesting to note is that Clay's video has only been on the list for two weeks.  A few weeks ago, they played the top 20 and then introduced the new video by Clay.  The following week, it debuted on the list at number one.  They said that it was only the fourth time in the history of that show that a new video debuted at the top of the chart.

ThanX playingclay - appreciate the info!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 11:53:08 PM »   

In The Polling Place thread, there's a VH-1 poll called 'Big in 2003.'

A companion TV special was taped November 20 and airs Sunday November 30 from 9-11:00 pm EST.  It will be broadcast on VH1 and on MuchMoreMusic in Canada.

There is no confirmation that Clay was present at the taping of the show, or that he will appear on the show.  However, during ads for the show, they show Clay at least 3 times. He is also currently leading the VH-1 poll on which this TV special was based, and that may be mentioned on the show.

I just wanted to mention this in case anyone wanted to watch!

songbird457
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 12:08:08 AM »   

In response to the first article in this thread - Of course, Letterman beat out Leno last Monday night - it's quite obvious that it was all of us Claymates eagerly waiting for our "claytime"!!!  :D

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 27

gfxgfx
gfx