gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230004 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 06:10:12 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 25
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 25  (Read 1231 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 25
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 25  (Read 823 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 25
« on: November 25, 2003, 09:08:37 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay and Santa headline holiday parade
Updated: 11/24/2003 8:35 AM
By: Tony Jones & Web Staff

It was your typical hometown holiday parade with marching bands, colorful floats and giant cartoon characters. But the annual Raleigh Christmas Parade will be remembered for the grand marshal, hometown hero Clay Aiken.

Some residents of Zebulon were thrilled to catch a glimpse of their idol.
"He's cool!” said Clay fan Patty Jo Harris. "Never in a million years did we think we'd see him in person without having to buy a ticket,” said Chris Harris.

Clay's appearance drew people who'd never come to the parade in the past. “It's my first time that I’ve come over here,” said Clay fan Ana Stophel. Some even enjoyed a little one-on-one time.

"We actually communicated ‘cause I had my sign upside down,” said fan Marlee Reeves. “He actually said something to me. He said, ‘Turn your sign the other way!’”

The “American Idol” runner-up attracted an additional 10,000 spectators, something Raleigh's mayor took notice of. "There are a whole bunch but Clay brought them out,” Mayor Charles Meeker said. “He's really very popular and lots of kids are here."

But for the Raleigh native, being the grand marshal in his hometown's parade was another highlight in a whirlwind year. "The crowd was so enthusiastic,” Aiken told News 14 Carolina VP and GM Alan Mason. “It was something I did as a child. I came to see the Christmas Parade in Raleigh and to be able to come back and be part if it and to be a part of so much excitement was a thrill for me."

Now that this year's parade is history the only remaining question is who reigns supreme in terms of popularity -Clay Aiken or Santa Claus?

"Clay because he's such a good singer and I think he's great,” said fan Austin Tilley. "I love [Santa] too but I love clay,” said Lilian Granados. “He is hot!

That’s something many at the parade would agree with. Officials with the Greater Raleigh Merchants Association say this year's parade had the biggest crowd ever.

NEWS 14 LINK

Note:  There is also a video on the website linked!

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 09:21:50 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting like cats and dogs

The battle between Clay Aiken and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is getting beastly. And now, the “American Idol” runner-up is threatening to sue.   

PETA went on the warpath against Aiken earlier this month after the singer was quoted in Rolling Stone magazine as saying he hates cats, he ran over one when he was 16, and he now thinks “cats are Satans.”

PETA responded with an ad featuring Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and the tagline: “Get Neutered; It Didn’t Hurt Clay Aiken.” The singer has, in the past, hinted broadly at his sexual inexperience.

Aiken’s lawyers have fired back, demanding that PETA withdraw the ad or he’ll sue, noting that Aiken hasn’t been neutered. It also insists that Aiken was misquoted in Rolling Stone.

“PETA acknowledges that Mr. Aiken retains his testicles and did not seriously imply otherwise,” the group wrote back, and says that Aiken should have more of a sense of humor. It also says that if Aiken loves animals as much as the legal letter says, perhaps he should go public with those feelings.
Rolling Stone, meanwhile, told the Scoop that it is standing by its “cats are Satans” quote.

MSNBC LINK

The Thing That Won't Die!  Bolding is mine.  I believe if p*ta would peruse the cover of TV Guide this week they will witness how much Clay loves animals.  I say sue them already.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 09:49:35 AM »   

Entertainment Weekly Review of the AI Christmas special - airing tonight!

It won't be a very Justin Christmas this year. ''An American Idol Christmas Special'' (Fox, Tuesday, 8 p.m.), will boast carols from ''Idol'' hands including Clay Aiken, Kelly Clarkson, Kimberly Locke, Christina Christian, and Ruben Studdard. But Mr. Guarini will be nowhere to be found. Why? ''He was in New Zealand and couldn't make it,'' says ''Idol'' producer Ken Warwick. But dry your eyes, Guarini-philes, and take a look how those Idol-ers who DID make it will celebrate the holidays.

FEAT OF CLAY Guarini was originally intended to be the special's host, but a runner-up who actually sells CDs -- Clay Aiken -- will fill his shoes. And if the show's producer is to be believed, Aiken's talent for emceeing (think Ed Sullivan, not Eminem) matches his preternatural pipes. ''Clay was a total natural,'' says Warwick. ''We struck gold there.''

Clay will do plenty of singing as well. He'll start with ''Don't Save It All For Christmas Day,'' a tune originally attempted by a chanteuse who shares his melodramatic bent, chest-thumper Celine Dion. The Clayster will also belt Irving Berlin's classic ''White Christmas'' with Kimberly Caldwell, and will chime in with ''The First Noel'' during a show-closing medley of standards.

INDEPENDENT WOMAN As befits ''Idol'''s first winner, Kelly Clarkson will make the biggest entrance. After all the other participants start things off with a medley, Kelly will strut out alone to sing ''My Grown-up Christmas List,'' a track she recorded for the recent album ''American Idol: The Great Holiday Classics'' (although it seems a stretch to call that obscure tune -- previously recorded by Donny Osmond and Natalie Cole -- a classic). She'll go on to close the show with an a capella version of the carol ''O Holy Night.'' That one we've heard of.

BIG MAN Second-season winner Ruben Studdard will sing Donny Hathaway's ''This Christmas'' (unaccompanied -- even by his ''205'' shirt, which he's long since retired). He'll then duet with Tamyra Gray on ''Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.'' Along the way, maybe he'll update the world on why his long-delayed album won't be ready to grace our stockings.

BEST OF THE REST Gray, meanwhile, will get her own moments to shine, roaring through Mariah Carey's ''All I Want For Christmas (Is You),'' and the more sedate ''Silent Night.'' Plus, the winners of this summer's critically panned spinoff ''American Juniors'' will reconvene to sing ''My Perfect Christmas.'' Perfect, indeed: That should give you just enough time to hit the refrigerator.

From Entertainment Weekly Home Page.  Subscription only, no link available.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 09:54:13 AM »   

AMERICAN IDOL CHRISTMAS
Idol holiday cheer
by Anika Van Wyk
Calgary Sun

Dreaming of a saccharine Christmas? The Idol clan has just the one: Finalists from both seasons of American Idol host American Idol Christmas Nov. 25 at 9 p.m. on channel 3 and 22.

IDOLS RETURN ... American Idol finalists (l-r) Kimberley Locke, Clay Aiken, Christina Christian, Ruben Studdard, Tamyra Gray, and Kelly Clarkson star in a Christmas special Nov. 25.

The hour of Christmas tunes is everything fans of the reality show would expect — memorable moments from the winners and painful moments from the runner-ups and group numbers. The only thing missing is blatant product placement and Ryan Seacrest.

Kelly Clarkson — the original American Idol — wisely stays away from the group medleys and sticks to strutting her stuff solo. Her a cappella version of O Holly Night is by far the highlight of the show.

Second season runner-up Clay Aiken MCs most of the show and proves he has so much more stage presence than Ruben Studdard, who won Idol 2. Aiken’s rich pipes are also very well suited to holiday classics.

The velvet teddy bear, Studdard, has a beautiful voice and he best shows it off while doing a soulful duet of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, with Tamyra Gray. But it must be asked — what wardrobe genius decided to dress the king of sweat in a white fur-trimmed parka? Poor Ruben looks like he’s going to faint if he has to hit one more high note.

However, he doesn’t look as ridiculous as Christina Christian in her tarty ensembles, especially the red ultra-mini she wears while whining through the opening number — there was a reason she was cut.

Special guest Ryan Malcolm, the Canadian Idol winner, also has a costume blunder. The Jacko-esque pants he wears distract from his brief moment in the spotlight.

Malcolm’s voice is smooth and sexy during his version of Let It Snow, but the performance is way too safe.

The best gift of all from the American Idol Christmas special is that Justin Guarini, the runner-up from season one who starred with Clarkson in the movie From Justin to Kelly, is not in the show!

CALGARY SUN LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 10:23:41 AM »   

Clay will be on TRL today!

If we can put in a few extra online votes today, we may be able to get him to #1!!

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE.
Vote online all day!

I post a reminder later for the call in votes. 

ThanX so much for voting for Invisible!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 01:11:30 PM »   

Clay on Vinyl.  Clay's TITN/BOTW single is available as a 45 rpm vinyl record!

Invisible/Solitaire will be available soon after the CD release date.  If you happen to have a record playing jukebox, this would be very cool.

And even if you don't, it would be very cool.  :mrgreen:

CLAY ON VINYL

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 01:19:21 PM »   

Clay has been nominated for a Groove Volt Pop Award for Best Song Performance - Male.  This is not a poll, I'm not sure who gets to vote, but it's still exposure and something to be proud of!

GROOVE VOLT POP NOMINATIONS
Nominees were chosen from artists whose albums were released from August 15, 2002
to August 31, 2003. Singles released during that time period are eligible, even if the
albums from which the song came were not yet released.

Best Song Performance - Male
“Cry Me A River,” Justin Timberlake
“Don’t Wanna Try,” Frankie J.
“This Is The Night,” Clay Aiken
“If Your Not The One,” Daniel Bedingfield
“No Such Thing,” John Mayer

GROOVEVOLT

mom132
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 04:39:04 PM »   

Dear Pamela,
Since you are the best (after Clay of course!!), will you be able to download Clay on TRL today?
I am from Canada and, unfortunately, cannot watch this channel or show.
Thanks,
Love Clay with all my heart!!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 04:43:54 PM »   

mom132 be sure to check the Member's Corner later, I'm sure I'll find a download somewhere for us!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 07:47:54 PM »   

Two mentions of Clay on this site; once for the launch of the BAF website, and again for his performance at the Billboard awards on December 10.

LIVE DAILY LINK

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 25

gfxgfx
gfx