gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230001 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 28, 2024, 03:21:42 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 154496 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 02, 2014, 11:12:59 AM »
Ditto Barb! Very welcome Marlene!

New interview from yahoo/abc news. They found footage of him singing Earth, Wind and Fire when he couldn't remember the song he sang! Lol

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/american-idol-star-clay-aiken-sings-a-different-tune-in-bid-for-congress-222406146.html

I posted on the ANN also. Thanks Tiffany
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #901 on: October 02, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »
Marilyn - I know you will have a great time tonight and we can't wait to hear about it.  I cannot stand Clive Davis either--maybe he won't come.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #902 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »
Barbara~ From what I have read so far of reports coming in, there has been no mention of Clive being there.

Sure wish I was with Marilyn right now. From the looks of the bowling alley, looks like it will be a fun evening.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #903 on: October 02, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »
TIFFANY -  We appreciate everything you bring to us!!!   8)

MARILYN - No gutter balls!! ;)   We will be waiting for details of the Bowling event!!

Hope everyone here at CM is doing well!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #904 on: October 03, 2014, 03:44:33 AM »
BOWLING EVENT IN NYC:

OMG What a fun fun night this was!!
I met dancermom at Penn Station and we walked a bit trying to find a taxi. Finally did and we rode uptown to the Goldbar. We met winkatme & claytonsmyccf outside and we waited a little bit outside of the restaurant.
A few people came out, and then Nick came out with an umbrella. He is so handsome and nice!! He asked us if we had been waiting long and I said seven hours! I think his hair stood on end! But then I told him only about 15 minutes. A little bit later Ken opened the door and let us in.
Isaiah Thomas was standing there and greeted us and I shook his hand. He is handsome also!! And yes, its the basketball player because Clay told us so later on!

Stephen Hill was there, and so was his mother Wanda, who he writes about in his blog about her devotion to Clay. I think her son is feeling it too- you could not help it!! Resistance is futile!!

There were a LOT of folks there, but only a handful were not fans. Stephen introduced Clay and Clays speech was so impassioned and so well spoken. His heart is so much in this, I want him to win for him, but I really want him" back with us."

I was standing in the bar with dancermom and 2old4clay. There was a front window to a little entrance that had stairs coming down. And there was Drew (from Ogunquit) doing a little shimmy down the stairs while Ken was watching. It was adorable!
I don't think they realized we were watching but the curtains were see-through so we had a great view.

After the reception, we tried to get a cab downtown-it was crazy! So many cabs zooming by-some had no one in but their lights were out. We finally got one, but the traffic going to the Bowlmor was crazy.

We got our bowling shoes and assigned lanes, and set up our team- called SUPPORTERS! If it wasn't for 2od4clay, we would probably have no score at all!! I got a couple of spares, but mostly gutter balls. Its been a looooong time for me!!
Clay came in with Nick and first went around the room doing selfies with everyone. Nick also did some. Then Clay went lane to lane, bowling someone different's turn every time. He did get a strike for me, and a spare. He said he was inconsistent because he got several gutter balls also!!
Ken and Drew were bowling, too, and Nick was bowling with the person next to me. He and Clay, and sometimes Drew too, would go "ready?" and then bowl in a synchronized group. It was funny!!

After we had bowled a while, they did the raffle drawing. First the bowling pin. Then he asked if we wanted both shoes to go to one person, or one shoe each to two people. We voted for the latter.
Then he asked if we wanted to cut the shirt in half and we all went nooooooooooo!!! He dug deep for each name in the raffle-but not one single one of the winners was in attendance. He said he was disappointed only because he wanted someone to yell WOO HOOOO!! and jump around when they won.

All too soon it was time for him to leave. At the Goldbar, Dancermom had made a comment that he seemed to suck all the energy out of the room when he left. Its TRUE!! The man has charisma and charm along with a great sense of humor and his usual snark.

I want to thank ncwannabe, Jessica, conehead, and all of the folks that worked so hard on this event. It was so much FUN and I want a do-over!!!

eta: No, Clive Davis did not attend. As long as he sent a large donation, that is fine by me.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #905 on: October 03, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »
Great recap Marilyn! Glad it was a great night!  ;D

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #906 on: October 03, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
MARILYN~ Loved your recap. I would have liked to have been there. I really thought you & Clay looked good together in your bowling selfie.
Now we all have the debate to look forward to. Hope Clay with ace it. Best wishes to him.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #907 on: October 03, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
Marilyn or Tiffany~ Could one of you post the link for the Arise 360 Interview. It was really a great interview,and I might add that Clay looked, mighty handsome. Sure wish I was in his district so I could vote for him.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #908 on: October 03, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »
Here you go:

Arise 360 ?@AriseTV360
American Idol Alum & U.S. Congressional Candidate Clay Aiken!: http://youtu.be/l3po1eSDghs?a via @YouTube

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #909 on: October 03, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »
Thanks Marilyn...He definitely seems in his element,and is enjoying what he is doing..besides that he is so, GOOD LOOKING.   Love when he crinkles up his nose,just to cute.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #910 on: October 03, 2014, 11:06:30 PM »
Last night, his hair was wavy and soft looking. I sure wanted to run my fingers through it. And when he looks directly at you, it leaves you breathless!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #911 on: October 03, 2014, 11:37:03 PM »
Added another recap to ANN

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #912 on: October 05, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »
Two days and no posts!!

Here is Clay bowling:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1549310925302437

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #913 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:46 PM »
Clay was amazing, smart and passionate and Renee is an idiot in the debate! He's got this!  ;D

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #914 on: October 06, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
It's one thing for sure that woman talked,and talked,and is very condescending. Clay should have put his hand over her mouth.. :) ;D,but guess he couldn't because she already had her foot in her mouth.  Showed he was a true gentleman,and let her rattle on.  I think Clay did very well what time he had a chance to get a word in edgewise. I will watch it again later since I taped it.

I think Clay looked very good too,just thought I'd throw that in  ;)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx