gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229986 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 27, 2024, 01:39:28 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 22
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 22  (Read 1219 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 22
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
 Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 22  (Read 698 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 22
« on: November 22, 2003, 06:18:59 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay Aiken looks to shake one-hit wonder label with release of 'Invisible'

ANY chance of Clay Aiken being labeled a one-hit wonder on The Billboard Hot 100 evaporates this week, as "Invisible" (RCA) earns the Hot Shot Debut designation by opening at No. 57. Aiken's first single, "This Is the Night," had a commercial component and was able to debut at No. 1 based on sales. "Invisible" is charting solely on airplay. That will change when RCA releases a commercial single of "Invisible" backed with the non-album track "Solitaire," a remake of the Neil Sedaka song that Aiken performed on "American Idol." The single has a street date of Dec. 9.

One hit wonder?  Please!

LINK

According to Clay's website the drop date for Invisible is Dec. 16.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 06:25:27 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the parade, Clay was presented with a check from Raleigh's News 14 to The Bubel/Aiken Foundation.  On the site, there is a link to a video of the check presentation.  The check represents proceeds from the sale of the Clay Comes Home Video, a collection of video from the Raleigh stop of the AI tour in August.

He speaks very eloquently about the mission of the Foundation and also mentions the parade.

LEFT CLICK HERE!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 06:30:51 PM »   

Charlotte Observer article about students at UNC-C complaining about the ticket limit for graduation attendance.  Famous people have graduated before, they need to deal with it.   :roll:

The ticket limit was announced Thursday in the campus newspaper and in e-mails and voice mails, Hoppa said. But some students said they didn't hear of it until Friday.

What especially angered some of them, they said, is that the news came days after they received graduation brochures telling them they didn't need tickets.

In some cases, several students said, families and friends have already booked flights.

On Friday, Hoppa reminded students that they could add their name to a list for extra tickets, which will be distributed later if they become available.

He also said there is no fee for the tickets, something several callers complained about. And, he said, the university announced the tickets as soon as it could.

"We did not know that Clay was going to be coming until a few weeks ago, and even then it was not confirmed," Hoppa said. "We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding."

Aiken will be able to invite more guests -- including family, friends and business associates -- than most students, Hoppa has said, and they will attend as guests of the chancellor. How many more is not known. Other high-profile students, such as the senior class president and student speaker, can do the same.

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER (Registration required)

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 06:40:50 PM »   

The CD single Invisible/Solitaire (enhanced - w/video of Invisible) is now for sale at amazon.com.

The old one is still listed on amazon but it says it is out of stock.

CLICK HERE!

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
  Did you notice he's wearing a "black leather jacket&
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 07:09:03 PM »   

Hey Pamela,

Are my eyes deceiving me?? :?:  :?:

Clay's got a "Black Leather Jacket" on!! Do you think it's his subtle "shout-out to "The Claygirls" or am I hoping for too much??? :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

Re: Did you notice he's wearing a "black leather jacket
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 10:24:25 PM »   

Quote from: PHILLYLUVSCLAY
Hey Pamela,
Are my eyes deceiving me?? :?:  :?:
Clay's got a "Black Leather Jacket" on!! Do you think it's his subtle "shout-out to "The Claygirls" or am I hoping for too much??? :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

Philly, he was also wearing purple.  And black.  Looked really good too.
Just saying.   :

outthereforclay
  ok, I know this should go in the Black Leather Pants thread!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 11:10:03 PM »   

my god, I LOVE THAT MAN :  :oops:  :D

Just watched him receive the check on that video and sat grinning like a fool. What a man, what a man, what a man! :

and, fellow Claygirls, I CHOOSE to believe that his purple and black ensemble (and,yes, black leather) was a direct salute to us...\\

I also choose to believe that he was NOT wearing silky black boxers, but that his external wardrobe choice was acknowledgment of our desire to dress him AND his tacit approval! :

Obviously, he is giving us the go ahead to buy those boxers and get him COMPLETELY fitted!

Therefore, I will, like a good "Secretary of Silky Black Boxers", try to push up my shopping trip one day and hereby declare:

"I, outthereforclay, promise to visit at least two stores tomorrow (instead of waiting until Monday) while my daughter and her friend are at the movies to begin my quest for the perfect silky black boxers. "  8)

You have my solemn vow...... :

totallyinluv
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 12:17:04 AM »   

AMEN!!!!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 22

gfxgfx
gfx