gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229985 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 27, 2024, 12:17:30 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 21
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 21  (Read 1209 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 21
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
 Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 21  (Read 1307 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 21
« on: November 21, 2003, 07:03:26 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TGIF!

I thought this was an appropriate news article to start the day.  I'm sure you can figure out how it relates to Clay.

Krispy Kreme Profit Rises 43 Percent

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. (NYSE:KKD - news) on Friday said quarterly earnings rose 43 percent on strong sales at its own stores and improved profit margins.

For the fiscal third quarter ended Nov. 2, the Winston-Salem, North Carolina, company said its profit rose to $14.5 million, or 23 cents a share, from $10.1 million, or 17 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts on average expected the company to earn 23 cents a share, according to Reuters Research, a unit of Reuters Group Plc. Systemwide sales jumped nearly 29 percent to $251.2 million.

Company revenue, which includes sales from company stores, franchise fees and some other operations, rose more than 31 percent to $169.6 million. Systemwide same-store sales rose 9.5 percent but were restrained by Hurricane Isabel, grocery store strikes and unseasonably warm weather in many markets late in the quarter, the company said....

During the quarter, Krispy Kreme opened 27 new factory stores. Looking ahead, Krispy Kreme said it expects fourth-quarter earnings of 26 cents per share, in line with current Wall Street estimates, and systemwide comparable sales should rise by about 10 percent.

YAHOO KRISPY KREME

mmmmmmmmmm....doughnuts.

Report to moderator    Logged 

cjrmax
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 09:48:45 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I have to ask.  I have never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut  :  (I know - horrors!).  Just what is so special about them????

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 11:01:44 AM »   

Quote from: cjrmax
Ok, I have to ask.  I have never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut  :  (I know - horrors!).  Just what is so special about them????

They are light...and sweet...and melt in your mouth...and even though they might not be good for you, they are definitely good to you!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 11:05:32 AM »   

TRL ALERT!

Invisible is stuck at #2 or #3 on TRL.  All votes cast yesterday were for Monday's show, because TRL is not on today.  Let's hope for #1!

What this means however, is that all votes cast between now and Monday's show count for Tuesday!  Clay will be on TRL Tuesday....

See where I'm going with this?  Let's make Clay #1 on Tuesday! 

Please throw down some extra votes today and Monday for Clay!

Vote online HERE.

Remember the shortcuts!  And, TRL encourages multiple voting!

We can do this - let's show Clay we mean business!

THANX!

chell1013
  Question about TRL
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 11:51:25 AM »   

Help me understand the voting process.  So all the votes that are place by phone 30 minutes before the show counts for the following day not that same day.  Is that right?   :?

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

Re: Question about TRL
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 12:29:23 PM »   

Quote from: chell1013
Help me understand the voting process.  So all the votes that are place by phone 30 minutes before the show counts for the following day not that same day.  Is that right?   :?

That's what I understand chell.  The votes we placed yesterday will determine what is shown today.  Since there is no TRL today, those votes will determine what is shown Monday.  Today's votes (and Monday's...we get an extra day! - ThanX TRL) will determine the ranking for Tuesday.

If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 12:32:07 PM »   

Local SPCA Defends Clay Aiken
PETA Attacks Singer After Cat Comments
UPDATED: 12:26 PM EST November 21, 2003

GARNER, N.C. -- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Wake County is defending Clay Aiken in the recent uproar over his statement to Rolling Stone comparing cats to Satan.

After the magazine article, the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals targeted Aiken in an ad that promotes neutering for pets. The ad said, "Get neutered -- It didn't hurt Clay Aiken."  Mondy Lamb, spokeswoman for the SPCA of Wake County, said Aiken's words in Rolling Stone were taken out of context.

The quote most often pulled from the magazine is, "I think cats are Satan. There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I had a kitten and ran over it."

Aiken goes on to say, "Seeing that cat die, I actually think that its spirit has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats before. But now they scare me to death."

"The SPCA approaches situations like this on a daily basis as an opportunity to educate people," Lamb said. "We meet many people who have a strong dislike of dogs who then go on to say that they were bitten by a dog as a child. When the SPCA pursues the line of questioning, the people readily acknowledge their personal childhood trauma does not make all dogs bad.

"Reading the whole quote paints quite a different picture than the PETA ad would indicate. Were Aiken's words poorly phrased? Sure they were. But obviously the act of accidentally killing his cat still bothers him."

NBC17 LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 12:35:21 PM »   

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation site is open and ready for business!

The Pledge:

Lend YOUR voice to those who are silent:   I promise

- to treat people with developmental disabilities with full respect and accept them as I would those without developmental disabilities.

-to use only the accepted terminology when referring to people with developmental disabilities.

-to create awareness about the abilities of all people

-to change attitudes that stand as barriers to full inclusion for young people with developmental disabilities.

-to change behaviors and stereotypes of children with special needs by celebrating the humanity of us all.

Sometimes the world needs a voice…Let it be yours.
The Bubel/Aiken Foundation will serve to bridge the gap now existing for young people with developmental disabilities between full inclusion and today's reality. While on staff at the YMCA, Clay watched as children with special needs were turned away from programs due either to the lack of staff members trained specifically in working with the disabled or a staffer to participant ratio that was too high to provide the necessary support.

BAF SITE

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation continues to be moved by the generosity of people everywhere who have chosen to help make a difference in the lives of young people with developmental disabilities. This spirit of caring and compassion has lifted a dream of inclusion for all from the realm of impossibility and turned it toward becoming our new shared reality.

BAF STORE LINK

The LINKS will be placed in the Clay Links thread.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 21

gfxgfx
gfx