gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229510 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:17:19 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  2007: Christmas in the Heartland Tour  |  Nov 26, 2007-Cellcert-Central Christian Church, Wichita KS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nov 26, 2007-Cellcert-Central Christian Church, Wichita KS  (Read 33211 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Central Christian Church, Wichita KS *Recaps and pics inside*
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »
claydevotee
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2007, 11:40:20 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As much as I love all these songs, I wish he could of fit in GOOD NEWS !!! I love that song and miss him not singing it.

Me too, Chrisie!  Who knows?  Maybe he'll add it to his set list before Friday!!!   
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2007, 12:22:46 AM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back from standing in the cold for an hour just to be told Clay could not do the bus line (I'm sure that he came out as soon as we left and took individual pictures with everybody!   :laugh: ) Here are some pictures - Our Honey looks fantastic - and sounds great, in case you could not hear!

These were all taken by Lewis, since I was holding my cell phone:

Great preparty - if you ever have a chance to go to a preparty given by the KC Club - make sure you go. WONDERFUL concert - I'm so glad I did not have to miss this one - longer recap later after I get home.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2007, 12:35:54 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just quickly read the cellcert - was this the same concert I attended? We did not notice any security - at least no more than ususal - really less than some concerts I've attended - no one's photo was shown at the door - there was no problem that I noticed at the preparty - we took our camera in with no problem - one person sitting next to us came in with her camera on her shoulder and it was not allowed in. We found out that cameras were not, in fact, allowed, but every person sitting around us had a camera and was taking picutres - no one was asked to stop. This is the first I've heard or threats or of a crazy "fan".

EDIT - the Church was filming the entire concert - and I mean filming - they have professional looking video equipment - tall booms and all just like movie studios use. ClayObsessed asked them if they would be selling a video, and they told her no - that they were filming at Clay's request. He wanted to watch the video to see if there was anything he wanted to change about the concerts - we were told that Clay was watching video when we were outside hoping for a bus line. (Don't know if that part is true, but that is what we were told!)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
Prissy

« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2007, 01:18:49 AM »   
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Evening!

Skip and I just returned to our rooms at McConnell Air Force Base.   What a wonderful day and evening!

We finally left this morning at 8:00 am instead of 7:15.  We boarded the dogs and were on our way about 8:45 am.  We arrived in Wichita at 2:30 pm,  having talked to Frankie a couple of times to get directions to the preparty. 

The preparty was just wonderful.  Meesa and her Kansas group had really worked hard and it was evident.  Lots of items to bid on or win and the room was big and comfortable with round tables and plenty of space to visit and check out the goodies.  I did as I always do:  put all my tickets in one bag and, sure enough, I won the prize!! A snowman basket with some cute Clay Christmas items.  (Pictures soon.) :laugh: :wink

I got to meet Shirl from San Jose at the party and it was wonderful to see Frankie and Lewis again and Meesa, too.

Clay's Christmas Concert was just lovely.  The stories/Christmas anecdotes really were a pleasant addition.  One was about a woman who had stomach surgery and lost a lot of weight and could not have the usual Christmas dinner but really enjoyed a single Frito;  Second one about a woman who lost her son and finally found Christmas again looking at Mary and the Babe in a Nativity scene;  Third about a son sent to Afghanistan and the Christmas lights left up outside their house for the entire time he was gone;  and Fourth, about a special Christmas to a family in Alaska, snowed in and with a dwindling food supply.

Clay finally sang for me, "I'll Be Home for Christmas."  I have wanted this for four years!!!  Tears streamed down my face.   Clay and Christmas songs just are a partnership made in Heaven. 

Clay had his Beatle haircut and wore a black tie, black shirt and the long black coat with black pants.  Angela and Quiana both had on beautiful black evening gowns with the long full, tucked type skirts.

Clay was pretty much all business and did not address the crowd too much until the very end.  It was really one song after another with a few medleys, too.  Clay stood on a platform in the center of the orchestra and never left that spot.  Angela and Quiana were on either side and a ways back from him, also on platforms.

I "wandered" the audience a little before the performance started;  and talked to a couple of the violinists on stage.  I told them I was a violinist trying to get into one of Clay's orchestras!! :lol  One said, "Come on up .  Take my violin."  I asked them how they liked Clay, and they said he was a great singer.  I also asked how the arrangements were, and they said they were really good.

That's all I can remember right now.  I think you've seen the list of songs. 

Oh, Frankie and I did go out with Shirl to see Clay at the bus.  He did not walk the line, but Angela and Quiana spoke to the crowd briefly.  Skip and Lewis waited in our warm van while we stood out in the cold for almost an hour! 
Yes, we are each a true :clayfan

And Frankie and Lewis got the most fabulous pictures with Frankie's new camera!!    I saw some of them on her camera.  Frankie, your pictures are going to be all over the Claynet!!!  :clap

Here are pictures from the preparty and concert.  Thanks again to Meesa and the Kansas bunch for a wonderful party and a chance to mingle with Clay fans!!

Skip and Lewis                 Skip and Prissy                 Frankie, Meesa, Prissy with Shirl

Shirl with her tickets and the item she won

Clay items to bid on and win

More Clay items

Frankie won this Clay picture on the left, I think!  Also, the frame on the right has Clay pins on it.  Jen of the KC Clay Fan Club made it using a frame for a record album and scrapbook supplies.  I believe these things can be found at Hobby Lobby.  I would love to display my Clay pins like this! :thumb

I still don't know how to get good distance pictures of Clay on my digital, but these will give you an idea of where Skip and I sat.  We were on the side on the sixth row.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
ILClaymate
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2007, 02:04:36 AM »   

New photos from Wichita

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2007, 06:12:11 AM »

Lewis won't wake up so that we can go home!  :lol

A shot of Angela so you can see the beautiful dresses the girls are wearing for this Tour

Prissy and the basket of Clay items she won at the PreParty!

Clandy - we have 189 Clay photos   :laugh: I'll get them to you for the Photo Gallery later!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:11 PM »
woodstock854
Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2007, 07:16:12 AM »   

Prissy and Frankie - Thank you for the recaps and all the great info and pictures, too.      I can't wait....and I have a long time to wait!!!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »
LOVE CLAY
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2007, 07:30:15 AM »   

My eyes are filled with tears of joy for him. Oh how we love you Clay!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
Pepe
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »   

Sounds like a fantastic concert.  Love that Clay and the gals looked so beautiful and treated the season concert with reverence.  I so hope Clay knows how much we love him and he felt the love last night.

PRISSY, your post brought tears to my eyes as I could feel how deeply you felt when Clay finally sang your song.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
lovinclay
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewis won't wake up so that we can go home!  :lol

A shot of Angela so you can see the beautiful dresses the girls are wearing for this Tour

What beautiful dresses!  Angela looks lovely, as I'm sure Quiana did!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:54 PM »
ClayHeart
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »   

It was wonderful reading about the concert last night.  I've been to two of his Cristmas tours in the past, but won't be able to go this year.  It sounds like it was absolutely wonderful.  I'm happy for all those who could attend.

Have to get back to work now.      :laugh:

Bye for now.

Debbie

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »
irule
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »   

I heard camera's were allowed there's only audio and a couple videos???????? I need to hear the glory note in video!!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »   

I heard camera's were allowed there's only audio and a couple videos???????? I need to hear the glory note in video!!!!!

People are traveling. You need to give them time to do that. Uploading to the vaults and Clack Unlimited takes time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »
Prissy

« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2007, 11:26:38 PM »   

I have a few minor suggestions for Clay's Christmas Concert, which was wonderful!

1.  A stool for Clay so he won't have to stand all the time.

2.  A black music stand for the speakers to set their stories on so they can face the audience more when they read.

3.  Also, the piano or orchestra sometimes played at the beginning or end of the stories, and it was hard to hear the speakers.

About the music:  Clay changed up some of his arrangements of songs from the album and some were even a little jazzy; trying something new.  Of course, I think it's hard to improve on perfection and I believe the Christmas album is just about perfect.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2007, 08:19:43 AM »   

I am going to try to write a recap, even though I have had no time to get my photos downloaded - as Meesa said - it takes to much time, and we took so many that I am going to have to go down to the office to our larger computer to get that done - downloading them here would slow this computer to a crawl - it is so old, and has so little memory left (like me!)

I chose Wichita because it was the nearest one to Louisiana (would have gone to St. Louis, too, but that concert was announced to late that we just couldn't add it in, too). It was a long drive - 12 hours with very few stops, but we always have fun on long drives - lots of Clay Christmas music this time!

About an hour out of Wichita Meesa called and told me that Clay was staying at our hotel - by the time we got there, that information was already all over the Boards! We stayed in the same hotel as Clay last Christmas, too (Jacksonville). It is always exciting to know that he is in the same building. There were some women that did not leave the lobby area for almost 24 hours straight - but of course Jerome is much better than that - I love how he got Clay out without anyone seeing him (my husband did )- just because he happened to be outside getting his usual daily walk in).

The night before the concert we went out to supper with Messa and some other Clay fans - it is always fun to meet new Clay people! 

The PreParty was wonderful - it is the second one I've attended given by the KC Fan Club, and they give an excellent party. I know that Meesa has worked on this for weeks. There was a silent auction section, a section with Clay items that could be won by buying tickets for drawings, and a Clay store where you could just buy items. The party was in a small convention center - Clay fans had the entire large room, and didn't have to worry about anybody else being disturbed by us. The food and company were great. We were at a table with Shirl/ClayObsessed, Skip and Prissy, and a very nice couple from Kansas City (she is a member of the KC Club). But there were many other people there that we had met at other concerts, and it was so good to see them again.

I know that a lot has been written on other Boards about security problems at this concert - I saw none of it. We left the PreParty at 6:30, and drove across the street to the Church. They were already letting people in. I put my camera in my coat pocket (I was not trying to hide it - we have been told (in error) by the Fan Club that someone had called and that cameras were allowed.) I just did not want to have to bother with a purse, since I was giving the cell cert. Lewis had his binoculars in a case that looks very much like a camera case - black with a long strap. We were not stopped or searched in any way. The people taking tickets (male, female, young and old) were obviously church members, not part of Clay's security. As we sat down we saw that almost everybody around us had cameras in their hands. One girl (she sat next to Lewis) came in later and said that she had had her camera hanging from her shoulder and was told that she had to go back to her car - that cameras weren't allowed!

The concert was, for lack of better words, breathtaking. I have always loved Clay in that suit with the long jacket (I see by last night's cell cert thread that he did not wear it in St. Louis). I keep saying (and I'm going to have to stop saying it) that he can't possibly get any better looking - and then he does. The stage at the church is large, but it barely contained the orchestra - their chairs came right up to the edge. I think that is why the stage was configured as it was - with Clay and the girls up high - it looked great, though! I wonder if the configuration will remain the same, or if he will be able to move around at later concerts. Clay looked so happy - and he sounded wonderful. I cried during "I'll Be Home For Christmas" because I know he won't be home for Christmas this year. He did, of course, lie to us and came back for a encore of All Is Well - after I had hung up from the cell cert! I should have known he would not really end the concert without singing that! For me, the concert would have been perfect if he had only sung Good News - but we can't have everything! I think this audience was made up of more church members than usual Clay fans. The audience was really reserved, but you could tell that everyone loved Clay. It was funny when Clay finally told us that we were allowed to scream in Church!  :laugh:  (Very near the end - and some fans did after that!). I'm sure there will be Clack - since we've gotten home, we've gotten an email from itickets - the company that sells event tickets for the Church - asking that we send pictures from Wichita for them to use in their advertisements for the Church!!!! I want to email them back and ask how could we possibly have photos when cameras are not allowed!   I'm sure there will be lots of Clack. Lewis only videoed one song - Mary Did You Know - because he knows it is my favorite. I will be posting it somewhere later - will have to check with Clandy on that.

I had not heard about the so-called fan making threats against Clay, or about there being added security at this concert until after the concert - if there was more security, Jerome certainly hid it well. I have been to other concerts with much more obvious security. We did not get a bus line (stood out and talked to fans for an hour before Clay came out and got onto the bus). We were told that he just could not do a bus line that night, and we did leave (I said in an earlier post that he probably came out and took individual pictures with everyone after we left   ). but it was very cold (25 degrees) and I really do not care that he did not shake hands. He has more to do the next few months than I see how he will get done. I want him to stay healthy and safe!

We had such fun - it was wonderful to see so many people again, and to get to meet some others for the first time. I am so grateful for a supportive Clay spouse - I would never have been able to take photos (Lewis took 189 photos - it will take a long time to get them downloaded and edited!) and cell cert at the same time (even though from what I have read my call didn't come through very well). But at least we tried! This will be our only concert this Tour - but it is enough - the Christmas Season has Officially begun for me - I have gotten to see Our Honey!!!!   

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  2007: Christmas in the Heartland Tour  |  Nov 26, 2007-Cellcert-Central Christian Church, Wichita KS

gfxgfx
gfx