gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 03:40:14 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  DALLAS/GRAND PRAIRIE, TX-VERIZON GP- 03/08/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DALLAS/GRAND PRAIRIE, TX-VERIZON GP- 03/08/2011  (Read 42926 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: DALLAS/GRAND PRAIRIE, TX-VERIZON GP- 03/08/2011
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
keepingfaith

I haven't read the review from the Dallas Voice, and don't plan to. I love music, and really don't enjoy music critics. Overall, the crowd response to Clay was overwhelming last night. Maybe the jaded music critic didn't find what he was looking for, but the overall audience DID. I left the venue when Jerome was gathering Ben's family together, and as I walked out I heard a nice looking looking young woman saying, "I had no idea he was so funny. What a great show." Yes, it was. It was my favorite Clay concert of all time -- I've only seen 10, encompassing SRHP, Timeless and T&T, but this one is in the No. 1 slot right now. I'll never have a better seat in my life. That would be impossible.

Another hilarious comment Clay made last night... he said "Turn your balls on." Now that got the crowd going!!!

As to the M&G protocol, our PBS M&G in Houston didn't seem regimented to me. First, it was Ernie and not Jerome who lined everyone up and then chatted with us about his interview with Clay. Then Jerome and Mary came out and I don't remember any admonitions. We were told that Clay would sign one thing and to have it ready. Clay went down the line, signing and chatting. After he had signed everything, he went to the front of the line and then we walked up to him for our pictures. So we all had at least two times with him. He was very gracious and some people had solo pictures and then pictures with their friend, husband, etc. Our pictures were taken by Andrea of PBS, and she sent us hi-res versions. I thought it was a very exciting experience and there was nothing uncomfortable about it in any way. And, as always, he was gorgeous. But not more gorgeous than last night. God, I love his SKIN!!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »
Great recaps and like your pics Prissy. ;D

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2011, 11:41:06 PM »
If you read this JoAnn, I saw 2 of your pics posted at the clack thread at the OFC. That 1st pic looks like Clay is looking right at you. Wowers!!! *thud*

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2011, 12:49:10 AM »
keepingfaith
Last night, Clay noticed a number of people scattered throughout the audience who were holding up those lighted/laser sticks and balls and swaying them to the music. He asked one person how long she'd had hers, and she said she had seen him there in 2004, and Clay laughingly said he remembered her. Then he asked her why she had brought it last night, and she told him straight -- "To get your attention." You should have seen Clay's face. It was priceless. He said, "Well, you suckered me on THAT one." He made me laugh HARD all night long, except when he was making me swoon. Anyway that was the precursor to another song when he told the crowd it was time to "turn your balls on." It was screamingly funny at the time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
If you read this JoAnn, I saw 2 of your pics posted at the clack thread at the OFC. That 1st pic looks like Clay is looking right at you. Wowers!!! *thud*

Wow- how did they get there? I thought Joann had to give permission, unless she posted them herself?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2011, 01:14:23 AM »
ljroy

While waiting in line, there was an adorable young teen ager, with long dark
hair, a very fashionable white ruffled bodiced short dress, who had a picture
I remembered. There was a sweet, maybe 4 year old gal, with long blond hair
singing to Clay....little Brianna. My gd use to jump on my lap, and ask to
please play Brianna again. She just loved her...and here Brianna stood,
growing up, glowing, and still excited to see Clay.

Clay looked rested, happy, and ready for the large PBS group, I guess around
35 or 40. Scarlett was having one of her phones signed, and I had my
picture taken with Clay and Ruben at the Biloxi Timeless event, and actually
looked at Clay this time. We were told we could not ask any questions as
the Meet & Moo had to be like clockwork as they still had to do the OFC M&G.

When the music started, the curtain parted, Clay in the front singing "Where Do I Begin, Love Story Theme",
with so much feeling like he had someone in mind. He sang the socks off that one.
His voice was strong and magnificent, and remain so throughout the concert.
I was concerned later as one of the call outs on Who's Sorry Now was Hard Rock.
He just scream sang, while Quiana went into rock gyrations, singing and doing a
hard pumping of the mike stand, which put Clay doubling over laughing hysterically.
I hope Scarlett caught this part of the concert.
He is so funny, and does it without even trying....he just is.

He called someone out with a phone, found party had hung up, and commanded,"Call her back!".
Got her back on the phone, and whoever said, she hung up as her husband came home.
and he doesn't like you. So what does he do but ask to put husband on the the phone.
That was so funny...luckily her husband was in the shower. This turned out to be
Merrieeee. He spoke to her with his Spamalot accent..so perfect.

There were more than a few men in the audience...all different ages, and they along
with the rest of us seem to thoroughly enjoy the show. Clay was loose and comfortable
doing his hilarious banter, and is putting in some potty humor, especially with Del.
Even tho potty...it still was clean fun.

He had a few standing OV.."Where Do I Begin, Love Story Theme"."Build Me Up Buttercup", UM,..and I think one more. He was in good voice.
It was like he was with his family, and in many ways that's true. Ben had a large family
group there, smiling proudly, and enjoying having him home for a couple of days.

We waited two hours at the fence and did get a hand touch, so I'm taking this hand
to bed with me tonight. Got to meet CaliforniaClayFan, Hosaa, Ressamac, Desertrose
...and I know more but didn't take notes.

JoAnn Moody

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
Marilyn and Tiffany,

I did put a couple of photos on the OFC myself only in the G. Prairie concert thread.  It "appears" that my "Thumb's Up" photo is liked by many different places.

Marilyn--Thanks for putting them in the places you told me about and thanks for tagging them. I don't  know how.
               Prissy sent me a link to "North Carolina Blog"  She used my photo "Thumb's Up" as her headliner.  It was already tagged by you.  It's an honor to see my photos being enjoyed. 
WE ARE WOMEN--WE ARE STRONG! Ampullary Survivor/Cancer Supporter

WE DON'T LAUGH BECAUSE WE'RE HAPPY,WE'RE HAPPY BECAUSE WE LAUGH!
TODAY I WILL BE HAPPIER THEN A BIRD WITH A FRENCH FRY!

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:59 AM »
JoAnn - As I just posted in the OCD Thread, The Clay Aiken News Network sent out two of your photos this morning with a recap of Grand Prairie - you took such beautiful photos! Congratulations!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
That's wonderful JoAnn. You'll be one of the official picture clack gatherers now. ;) It is great to see the Claynation like and approve your pics.

I noticed you posted in the Texas tour thread. All the clack pics and videos that are posted in the concerts thread Nan posts in the clack thread as well Marilyn so I'm sure it's ok.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
 (ljroy @ Mar 10 2011, 12:40 AM)
While waiting in line, there was an adorable young teen ager, with long dark hair, a very fashionable white ruffled bodiced short dress, who had a picture I remembered. There was a sweet, maybe 4 year old gal, with long blond hair singing to Clay....little Brianna. My gd use to jump on my lap, and ask to please play Brianna again. She just loved her...and here Brianna stood, growing up, glowing, and still excited to see Clay
PERMASWOONED

Actually, this was not Brianna (the little tyke who sang with him in Raleigh). This young lady sang with him at the NAT stop in Houston. I was there and I remembered her when she showed me her newly autographed picture. I remember that she was actually from Dallas and he had chatted with her about what she was doing in Houston since school had just gone back into session. I told her I remembered her and that conversation...that she had been there with a relative that lived in Houston (aunt maybe?). She had been in middle school back in 2004. She was really tickled that some random person remembered her from that show.

She said that Clay did remember her, but that she was a little disappointed that she didn't get to chat more about it. I told her that there were so many people at the PBS M&Gs that he really didn't get the chance to slow down and visit individually. Still, I bet he was really pleased to see that the girl that sang with him had grown into such a gorgeous young lady who would want to have her special moment autographed. That was a real treat for me the other night. Anyone remember her name and the fan she was related to?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
The following Scarlett clips from Grand Prairie, TX concert were uploaded to You Tube over night:

Pre-Jazzy Banter Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwVDfhcYtuQ

Pre-Jazzy Banter Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFfcV4WrKQ

Jazzy Medley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MLEU85Jjls

Who's Sorry Now Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPGQp4KMGFc

Who's Sorry Now - Honky Tonk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1QxI4lc_tQ

Who's Sorry Now - Heavy Metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjMuvAQVuY

Who's Sorry Now - Chipmunks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeI9wNPIXAw

Who's Sorry Now - Disney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7KVw0bD_J8

Links can travel.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  DALLAS/GRAND PRAIRIE, TX-VERIZON GP- 03/08/2011

gfxgfx
gfx