gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:30:12 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011  (Read 40293 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »
CRICKET017

The concert was simply fabulous.....I am one that didn't love all the songs on this album. I am more of a On My Way Here lover, but will go to hear Clay sing no matter what. He performs with such passion and emotion that he can make you love everything he sings. He was in great voice and as someone else mentioned, any bobbles or cracks are dealt with almost as a transition. Maybe on the cellcert it is more noticeable, but in person not so much. He is singing non-stop for almost 2 hours straight. Doubt there are too many artists out there that can do that. I think the mentioning of the size of the crowd is his new "talking point". Gives him a chance to make some jokes and tease about it. No matter the size of the crowd, he sang his heart out as if there were a million of us out there and I for one was very grateful
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2011, 07:35:38 PM »
Hello! Still no time to write a concert review, but here are a few photos of His Clayness. This concert was so much fun!

(Click To Enlarge)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »
BEAUTIFUL, FRANKIE!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2011, 07:56:30 PM »
Thanks, Marilyn - as you see, I got my Glory Note Photo - got to have one from every Tour!  ;D

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
Gorgeous Frankie!!! That's my fav. ;D You were lucky to get in black cause that's my favorite color on him.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2011, 12:36:22 AM »
Here is my Meet & Greet picture from Houston with a few additions from Photobucket!!

Clay was running late.  We had been given the rules by Jerome and others.  We were all lined up and Clay came through and signed what we had brought.  I had the second Claymaniacs Cookbook.  He signed the first one at my other Meet & Greet, Frisco, TX, July 4, 2007.

I said to Clay, "Jerome has this cookbook."  And Clay said, "Jerome can't cook!!"  He signed just his name.

When it was time for my photo, I said, "Clay, Frisco, July 4th, 2007, and now Valentine's Day, 2011!  Will I see you at Christmas?"  Clay said, "I don't work on Christmas!!"  We both were laughing and then our picture was taken.  :laugh:

To whom much has been given, much is required.  
God presents the opportunity;  we choose our response:  "Yes" or "No."
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.   
Be selective in your battles;  sometimes peace is better than being right.

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
Great M&G recap and Photo, Prissy! I hope JoAnn receives her photo today!

Here is my M&G item to be signed by Clay. We felt lucky because we heard he was not signing things this year (in fact, Jerome mentioned that he had only found out about the signing - I think the TV station asked Clay to do this!).

As those of you with Claymaniacs' cookbook #2 know, the actual book has this same print of Clay, but has "Food Words" around it. Jeanne sent this alternate cover print to me 4 years ago - Clay is surrounded by hearts, so I thought it was very appropriate for Valentines' Day. This is a photo of the entire print and a close up of Clay's signature (he only signed his name to items this time).

Click To Enlarge:

And here is another Glory Note photo for you, Tiffany - Clay in the dark!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »
Thanks Frankie ;D And very sweet he signed that.

Prissy-Love your Meet and Greet pic. Too cute. You are glowing even if you are laughing. ;)

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:24 PM »
The photos from the PBS photographer were just emailed. I spent so much time talking to Clay, that this is the picture they got.  I haven't worked with it yet, but to brighten and crop it.  Still that bright flash from the background!!  But how many people have a picture like this with  Clay??  Maybe, I'll add the caption, "WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE?" :laugh:

Yep!  Already made it into a Valentine and blocked out the glare!!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:29:22 PM by Prissy »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »
Awww Very cute Prissy. ;D

JoAnn Moody

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
Here's our M&G photos from Houston.  PBS took them for us since my camera was accidently turned off when I handed it to another PBS lady.

WE ARE WOMEN--WE ARE STRONG! Ampullary Survivor/Cancer Supporter

WE DON'T LAUGH BECAUSE WE'RE HAPPY,WE'RE HAPPY BECAUSE WE LAUGH!
TODAY I WILL BE HAPPIER THEN A BIRD WITH A FRENCH FRY!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
You and your mom look great with him JoAnn. ;D Thanks for sharing.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2011, 12:37:50 AM »
Some of this I've already posted, but here is more about an encounter with Jerome at the hotel, the Meet & Greet line with Clay signing our items, and then the pictures made with Clay. 

(Clickable pictures)

I had a "cane encounter" with Jerome.  When Skip and I arrived Monday afternoon at The Lancaster Hotel (across form Jones Hall) after circling around trying to get to a water feature he wanted a picture of, we went in to the front desk to check in.  The porter from the hotel had all our bags on one of those rolling carts.  All of a sudden, our friend Jill came up to us in the lobby.  Jill lives in Arlington and goes to the church we used to go to.  Jill is a big Clay fan and went to a CD Release Party with Skip, JoAnn, Jennie and me at the Hard Rock Cafe in Dallas a few years ago.

Jill comes up and says, "Priscilla, you should get the Valentine Special here!!  It is only 20 dollars more, and the valet parking is free, you get two free breakfasts, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, a red rose, and other discounts, too."  Considering the valet parking was $30 a night, this sounded like a really great deal!
So, I told the check in lady to change my reservation to the Valentine Special, which really made our weekend at the hotel.  (Later, Jennie got the same thing for her, JoAnn, and Frankie!!)

I had my cane and had hung it on the check in counter.  I knew a tall man was standing near me waiting to talk to the check in lady.  I started to walk away, and he said, "You forgot your cane."

I turned to thank him and realized he looked familiar.  It was Jerome!!   It took me a few seconds to call his name.  "Jerome, I'm happy to see you,"  I said. "Are you all staying at this hotel?"  Jerome said they had just checked out and moved on over to the theater.  Then he asked "The concert starts at 7:00, right?"  I said, "No, I thought it started at 7:30." Then Jerome, looked at Skip and said, "Aren't you Skip?"  He remembered Skip from meeting him a couple of times before.  They chatted briefly and for the life of me, I don't remember what they said!!

In the meantime, the hotel guy was waiting patiently with our luggage on the rack to take it upstairs with us!!   

Timing couldn't have been more perfect....running into Jill and seeing Jerome!

JoAnn, Jennie, and Frankie, were already there at the hotel. I told them about the Valentine's Day Special and Jennie charmed the hotel clerk into giving it to them, too! 

Skip took this picture of the four of us in the hotel's lobby.

The four of us went over to the Theater for our Meet and Greet with Clay. We all lined up in the lobby, and Jerome and others told us the rules! I had brought the second Claymaniacs cookbook for Clay to sign.  When he came to me, I said, "Clay, Jerome has this cookbook!"  Clay said, "Jerome can't cook!"   See the fourth picture!!

Clay with Jerome as he goes down the line signing our items!

When it was time for my picture with Clay, I said, "Clay, July 4th, 2007 in Frisco and now Houston on Valentine's Day. Will I see you at Christmas?"  Clay said,"I don't work on Christmas."  I was lucky to get two pictures with Clay.  One with my camera that was a hug and one with the PBS camera when I was talking to him.  I do not remember that we held hands, but there it is in the picture!  I really like both pictures.  JoAnn and Jennie got individual pictures and then a picture together with Clay.  Jennie was so cute and just cuddled right up to Clay.

Meet & Greet Photos:

Then the five of us (including Skip) went to the Clay concert.  We were on the fifth row near the center!  Great seats.  And we all got some amazing pictures of Clay on stage.

Sasha

• Claymaniac
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2011, 06:50:26 AM »
Great Meet and great Photo's....... looks like you had a great time.

Sasha

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011

gfxgfx
gfx