gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229826 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 16, 2024, 02:20:30 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011  (Read 40638 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »
merieee

Real quick post before I go to work.........I want you guys to say thank you to keeping faith and I. In the meet and greet she blurted out omg Clay your hair looks fabulous and I did too. It was soft and spiky and It looked like you could run your fingers through it..gah! He laughed and said why does everyone keep telling me my hair looks great....I just got out of the shower! At that point we said simultaneously well then you need to keep it like that because it looks great. And it looks like he did. Lol!

We had a long conversation with Ernie Manouse and in will post more later but he sold the most DVDs of that interview than any other. I told him a lot of people want to know how they can see it. Well he said you could call you local PBS station and request the series of interviews. I will email him later today to get all the particulars of the series and he wants to make sure we request the series and not just the Clay episode. Those are no charge to the PBS stations so it is a win win. We get to see it, Clay gets exposure and the stations have a show to air.
I will post the details as soon as I hear back on what we need to say. We told him we could certainly do that. He is a really nice man and really likes Clay, said it was one of his favorite interviews.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »
jojobugs

Morning CV thank you for your kind words in the Cellstream thread, who knew I had an accent. We had a great PBS meet and greet even though he was very late. He looked gorgeous. I had brought my CD to get signed however Newbird's daughter, Christine, did not have anything so I gave it to her. When Clay came along the line he was surprised we did not have anything my DH said we had had things signed in the past so instead Clay rubbed my hand swoon. When I looked at the photo we had taken I was leaning into Clay did not realise I had done this. Forgot that when we were getting our photo taken he asked where we were from and of course we both said Houston. While we were taking the photo I said Northern England and he answered in his cute English accent. I love this man.

The concert was fantastic. His voice in my opinion and my DH is much better than it was years ago. He sings from the heart and it shows. I cannot really pick a stand out although I was pleased that he sang Something About Us as this is my DH favourite song on that CD. I was in tears during Unchained Melody just beautiful. He is such an all round entertainer I just hope that the big break to get him to be able to tour Worldwide happens. My good friend Janis from Manchester England is waiting patiently for him. Sorry do not give very good recaps. Finally for me he can wear his hair any way he pleases as long as he sings.

To add to my recap Newbirds daughter, who is 17, cried when she got her photo took and I noticed this morning it is now her avatar on Facebook. I loved Quiana singing a Foggy Day in London Town just beautiful.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:25 PM »
Wow! Great recaps and that 5th picture, OMG!!!

Here's JoAnn's recap.

Good Morning,
It's 7:00 and I'm the only one up.
What a wonderful weekend!
A fabulous visit to Fankie's gorgeous
Home!
  Then the m&g and concert! We were
Able to have Clay sign our photos
And have our picture with him using
Our own camera.
 The girl accidentlly turned mine off but
PBS still took it and will email!
  Clay was a doll! He wished Mom a happy birthday
And He took an induvidual with
Mom then me and with both us
Together!
   I sat on the second center row! Concert
Was perfect!  After,,all 5 of us
Went back to our rom to play cards.
The hotel had sent a bottle of
Champage and chocolate covered
Strawberies and pink roses!!!!! What a weekend!

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
Hello!

Where are Meet and Greet and Concert recaps to be posted?

Here is what I was doing exactly 24 hours ago!

(Click To Enlarge)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
WOW Frankie- nice picture- did you snuggle-did he smell good. I LOVE his hair!!

Can you post them right here in this thread, please?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
pavilion 7936

I almost didn't make it to the concert tonight. My car died out on me. The wrecker towed it to the shop. They said the alternator needs to be replaced. They have to order the part and it won't be in until tomorrow. It's going to cost alot for the alternator but this was the only chance I had to see Clay. I debated with myself and finally decided to go ahead and get a rental car from Enterprise so that I could drive to the concert.

I'm so glad I went. I loved every minute of it. He sounded great to me. I liked his hair tonight. He looked wonderful.

Just a couple of things I didn't see mentioned in the cellcert. The shoes he wore were very nice. They looked grey in color. Couldn't see his socks. Also, when he asked for suggestions from the audience on styles to sing "Who's Sorry Now" a guy in my row suggested Tejano. I guess the band couldn't come up with the music so Clay said this is the first time the band has been stumped.

As I was leaving, I heard someone ask the man ahead of me if he enjoyed the concert. He said he did. And while taking the elevator down to the parking garage the elevator operator said she chose to work tonight because of Clay's concert and she had a very happy smile on her face when she said even though she wasn't able to see the concert she did hear it and she enjoyed it.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
QUOTE (AllyKat @ Feb 15 2011, 05:50 PM)
We're back from the Houston concert. Stayed to have lunch with DD before coming home.

I didn't write a recap last night because I find it very hard to post using my iPhone, and I'm not a very good recapper! I do have a few thoughts though. I posted last night that I watched the bus leave. I could see it very well from my hotel room window, so I kept getting up and checking every few minutes. Finally about 11:35 the outside lights were on! They pulled out at 11:37 PM or 12:37 Atlanta time. I bet they really had to hustle to make it with enough time for Clay to do all he needs to do before a show. That man works really hard! I admit I got a little misty eyed watching them leave.

I really, really enjoyed the concert. As others have said, even though the Clack is wonderful, it just doesn't convey the voice in all it's glory. The highlight for me was Crying. I thought both Clay and Quiana just did an excellent job with that. I didn't want it to end. I'm not defending that reviewer in the least, but I do kinda of see where she got a couple of her ideas. I thought the lack of a curtain changed the feel of the show. That stage was huge and mostly empty! I don't think Clay was uncomfortable after the first song, but to me, he did look a little lonely up there. There was a lot of room between the musicians and Quaina wasn't on stage yet, so it left Clay all alone in a very big space. I think that also played a part in her statement about him not saying goodbye. Since there was no curtain, he didn't really do an encore. He did say Solitaire was the last song and after it was over, left the stage. I think talking after that song would have ruined the final impression, so I'm glad he did it like that.

Oh, and I think the shoes are gray.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »
QUOTE (clayrevolution1956 @ Feb 15 2011, 06:09 PM)
Eeeeee! I'm back from Houston! My travel buddy, Nancy Jeanne, and I flew into Houston Sunday. We picked up our tickets on Monday at the venue, went and ate lunch, and later went back to the venue. We saw what we figured was Clay's bus parked on the street. We sat on a bench about 25 feet from the door of the bus along the wall of the venue. My buddy was concerned that us sitting there was a little too obvious and she didn't want to appear stalkerish, and I understood that and I also didn't want to look OTT, but gee, I so very much wanted to see Clay enter the venue as we had in 2007.

We saw the guitar player going back and forth (can't remember his name). A venue security-type guy stopped by and asked if we were waiting to see Clay. We looked at each other, and I said, "Maybe." Then I said, "We just want to see him walk by." He assured us that it was OK. Whew! About an hour later, Nancy decided to go back to the hotel. About 20 minutes after she left, I was getting cold as I had not brought my jacket, so to get out of the wind, I went and stood behind a pillar. From that vantage point, I could no longer see the door to the bus--I could only see the back of the bus. Just then, a venue security-type woman approached me and very nicely asked where I was from. I told her and then she said, "Are you here to see the man?" I said, "Yes." She said, "Oh, he's already in the venue." I laughed and said, "I don't believe you." (Did she think I just fell off the turnip truck?) She insisted Clay had come via an underground entrance. I told her that we were in Houston for his show three years ago and we knew where the artist's entrance was, which was a few feet from where we were standing. She said "OK" and left, and I then saw Quianna walking towards the venue. She smiled at me and I told her "Hi" and that I was looking forward to the show that night. Then I saw Felix talking with someone.

Then, Jerome appeared from I don't know where and went to the bus. So I figured Clay was on the bus. But I was still behind the pillar, trying to stay out of the wind. I noticed that whenever the bus door opened (the driver was going in and out), I could hear it open and then close. Then I'd peak around the pillar to see who it was. Well, you might know that I never heard the door open when Clay came out, but as I'm standing there next to the pillar, I hear voices and foot steps approaching and all of a sudden there was Jerome following by Clay zooming past me, talking and joking. They passed 2 feet in front of me, striding quickly to the entrance. I think I may have startled Clay when I stammered, "Hi Clay--l-l-looking forward to your show tonight!" He turned his head to the left and acknowledged me, but I can't remember anything about it--was it a wave, a 'thanks,' a 'hi,'??--I don't know--I was in the Aiken fog. But I remember he had a smile and I remember I saw stubble and the palest porcelain skin I've ever seen. (sigh) I couldn't tell you what he was wearing or how his hair was or if he had sunglasses. And I watched him walk into the building and I never noticed the rip in his pants that Quianna mentioned later during the show.

I have so many posts, Clack, news, etc. to catch up on and I guess you all have read recaps and seen Clack of the show. My impresssion? It was wonderful! I am one who was not crazy about the album, but the show was fantastic. He was in fine voice--gorgeous--just a couple of little bobbles. Solitaire blew everyone away at the end and he got a standing ovation. I couldn't tell you how many people were there--the balconies were closed off, and the floor was about 2/3s or 3/4 full. It was hard to tell because people were scattered in some areas. But we showed him the love! And his hair was beautiful!

After the show, about 25-30 fans/NJU(about 6 of whom were men) waited at the stage door. I know he hasn't been doing the bus lines, but there seemed to be some folks there who wanted his autograph. Some of the musicians came out and we told them we enjoyed the show. When Clay appeared, everyone cheered and applauded and said "Great show!" People started asking for him to sign things. Well, I have a signed Playbill, but I had never gotten a hand shake (or M&G.) (I twice missed a chance for a handshake before, so I was hoping I'd get one when I saw him stop to do autographs.) When he got to me and looked at me with his pen in his hand, poised to sign, I said, "Clay, could I shake your hand?" Since he had the pen in his right hand, he grasped my hand with his left hand. Eeeeeee! I finally shook Clay's hand!! And my travel buddy got one, too!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »
QUOTE (keepingfaith @ Feb 15 2011, 02:58 PM)
I went from the hotel to work this morning so no time yet for a M&G/Concert recap, but I'll get there. I just wanted to interject while it's fresh that I thought the Neph Basedow review was nothing short of amazing. This gal is a real bitch in that she burns everybody, even Lady Gaga. Not excusing her, just saying that she wrote an extremely gentle and pleasant review of Clay Aiken for HER. I can see why she thought he was stiff at the beginning .... when he came out, the mike was placed far back on the stage, and he basically stood there and sang Love Story (in which his voice mesmerized me), quite a distance from the audience. After that, he moved up and around the stage and she did acknowledge that in her review. But, the Houston Press is one of the free street rags that often has some of the best investigative reporting in the city, but their music people are decidedly jaded - and I think that's a prerequisite for the job because they are ALL that way and have been for twenty years. They prefer unknowns that they can discover at South X Southwest or local clubs in town. They like off the wall, avant garde stuff - most of which never makes it. That she said so many nice things about Clay just floors me. But believe me, if she had been converted on the spot, she would dare not admit it in the Houston Press! So, for me it was super positive considering the source - the big general source of Houston Press music reviewers. Regular readers will be shocked at the nice things she wrote about Clay Aiken -- she seemed to love Crying and UM. Of course she said that she went because she HAD to -- that publication would say the same thing about Buble, Bocelli, Grobin, et al. But wow, she thought Clay looked 25, and that the front rows were twenty-something, which is crazy in that that's the age group that most frequently reads what she writes in reviews, tweets and blogs. Did I mention that she's a real bitch? I'll take that review. Regarding shoes, I was in the front and saw the feet right in front of my face, and they looked like comfy brown leather shoes to me, and not new, but his feet looked rather smaller in them, at least to me. More later when I'm on my own time. But I can say this in the meantime ... I never knew I could love Clay Aiken so MUCH. I still feel the electricity.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
Hello!

Where are Meet and Greet and Concert recaps to be posted?

Here is what I was doing exactly 24 hours ago!

(Click To Enlarge)

Frankie-You two look like a cute couple. ;)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
More of JoAnn's recap.

Clay was "slightly" late but boy, was he worth  the wait!  Here he came (into the front lobby) nice jeans, white sneakers and a gray "Ruttger's" hoodie with sleeves pushed up.  Wonderful, fresh showered "spikey" hair.
   He walked the line (approx30) signing and talking, then we went one at a time for photos.  He wished Mom  a Happy Birthday in line too.  PBS said that they would use our camera but also theirs too at the same time.  Mom was in front of me and when the PBS girl took my camera, I "explained" about Mom's birthday. 
   She told us that we could take each a single with Clay and one with the three of us together.  I told her I didn't want to "cheat" anyone and she said that they would "deal with it.  As Mom walked up to Clay, that same PBS lady said, "Clay this is Jennie and it is her 84th birthday and he once again wished her a happy one. 
   Then I came up and took my single and when it was the 3 of us, he told PBS to retake because none of us(him included) were looking at the camera.  What a nice jester.  When I handed my camera to the PBS lady, she accidentally turned it off but the other PBS lady said, "NO problem that she had taken a nice shot(3) and they are emailing like last summer.  She also told me to email her if there was a problem with them.
    My seat was dead center "true" 2nd row.  I was about 4 feet from the stage.  The main problem, my camera is crumby.  The stage lights  "hated" my camera.  I will try to "find" some worth posting later.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2011, 01:44:38 AM »
keepingfaith:

Two quick things before I crash, and I do mean CRASH....

With this discussion about the baggy pants, did no one else hear him discuss his pants last night? He made Quiana tell the audience what happened earlier in rehearsal and Quiana said Clay's pants were so tight that they ripped wide open. Clay said he had "thought" he was losing weight and laughed. Maybe the baggy pants were all he had ready to go -- or maybe he felt the need for more room in his britches after the big rip. Anyway, it was discussed, and laughed about, on the stage.

And, I will be looking for Mack the Knife tomorrow. The grunge Mack the Knife was unbelievable -- and I need it.

I was certainly surprised when he came out for the M&G with great hair and I withdraw all that rooster, monolith stuff I wrote over the weekend. I was beyond happy with his hair and his flawless skin and his kind words and big beautiful smile, gray sweatshirt and huge athletic shoes. I got my stuff signed and I got a huggy picture and I got to look at those eyes. merrieeee and I spent a lot of time with Ernie, too. I have to email him tomorrow and see how he liked the show because Ernie was a Clay concert virgin last night.

Life is so good -- except I must wait almost a month for Dallas.

ETA: Just remembered before the M&G, Ernie was getting a lot of kudos for his Innerviews with Clay Aiken. Ernie asked us why we liked his interview with Clay so much, and about 10 people said in unison .... Because you let him TALK! It was funny. Ernie then discussed the interview and how forthcoming Clay had been and how impressed he was with Clay's responses.

Okay I'm going to bed on "Clay's responses" ....

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »
I think I'm a new fan of this Ernie guy. ;)

Here's a link to the clack so far. http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concert_Clack/2011_Tried_And_True/Houston/

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:42 AM »
Good Morning!

Tiffnay and Marilyn - I remember patting him on the back when I was waiting for the Staff from the TV station to take the Photo!  ;D

I'm moving my Meet and Greet recap over from the OCD:

My Meet and Greet in Houston:

We were met by Houston Public Broadcasting personalities at 5:30 p.m. There were around 30 of us (I meant to really count, but did not). We had taken things to be signed, even though we had been told that Clay was not signing things this Tour. Jerome came in (boy, he has lost weight since the last time I saw him!) with the rules. We were to get into a single file line. Clay would come in, go down the line, talk to us, and would sign one object. Then, remaining in that same line, we would step to a certain area where we would get an individual photo with him. If we had a camera, we would hand it to an TV station employee who would take the photo with our camera. Another employee would also take a photo with the station's camera in case their was a problem with ours. We were allowed to stay in the room (the foyer of the theatre) after our photo, and could watch everyone else, but we were not allowed to take photos when we were finished with our own Meet and Greet. Around 6 His Clayness walked in. He had on a grey hooded Rutgers sweatshirt, jeans, and black and white tennis shoes. He looked young and relaxed.  He came down the line and signed things - sometimes asking his assistant for different colored pens when needed (one lady had him sign her black camera - he asked for a silver pen).  Back in 2005, when I won a Meet and Greet for the Juke Box Tour, I had one of Jeanne/Jan's prints signed. When we made that last Claymaniacs' cook book for the benefit of the Foundation, Jeanne sent me prints of the 4 choices they had for the cover of the book (she is always so generous to donate her art whenever there is a benefit for the Foundation). One of the book prints (they did not use this one for the book) had hearts around a drawing of Clay. Since it was Valentines' Day, I thought this was a very appropriate things to be signed. When I gave Clay the print, he began to ask questions about it. I started telling him about the print. Prissy was right behind me with her cookbook (that is what she had signed) and he looked at it. As I was talking, he looked at me and said "You Are Not From Texas!) (thanks for that information!   ;D  ) and asked me where I was from. I told him Louisiana (I should have said Louisiana - the state where you will not perform!). He went on down the line and got all items signed. The photo process was quick, but as usual, he was very sweet. When I stepped up for my photo, I told him Happy Valentines' Day, and he said "And To You, Too!").  A very good Meet and Greet experience. Since Jerome was out for surgery during the Juke Box Tour, we had not even been allowed to speak to Clay during Meet and Greets on that Tour - things have definitely improved since then!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:10:04 AM by fhmmany2 »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »
Great recap of your Meet and Greet Frankie. Very happy for you you go a better one this time and got to speak to him. :)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  HOUSTON, TX-JONES HALL 2/14/2011

gfxgfx
gfx