gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 02:29:45 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  PITTSBURGH, PA-Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead 02/18/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PITTSBURGH, PA-Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead 02/18/2011  (Read 38978 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: PITTSBURGH, PA-Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead 02/18/2011
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »
Corabeth @ 18 February 2011 - 09:05 PM)
His speaking voice was getting hoarse, Ben was calling him Six Show Elphaba because that's what they call singers who blow out their voice for six shows in a row. So he left off Solitaire because his throat was starting to hurt.

OldMovieGal said that when he started BSN it was like finding a unicorn in the backyard.

Clay said he thinks he was singing the lyrics to Invisible wrong all these years. He kept calling young girls up. The lyric "who's stealing your dreams" is actually "who's still in your dreams".

Jeans were sewn by angels. Dark charcoal gray sweater, with some interesting seams.

Not many empty seats.

Clay asked OldMovieGal who was on her cellphone. She said Friend and he said FriendSSSS. Felix said they are all on one ticket and they should come to a show. She said they buy tickets, they are not claim jumpers. And Clay said Flame Jumpers?

Earlier when he asked for top 40, someone said Liza Minelli and he said that Liza Minelli is on your top 40? This is the most homosexual city! And someone said they play you and he said "my statement still stands."

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
I just love that man - I was three rows away - sooooooooo close and I just stared and saying - he's here, that's Clay.

Voice sounded wonderful - the looks on his face when he is being funny or snarky just crack me up - I could watch and listen to him all day.

When they yelled out Polka - Clay went over to Quiana and said let's dance and held out his arms and I went eeeeeeeeeeee he's going to Polka - but she wouldn't do it - darn it.

I loved when Clay was talking about the words to Invisible and he asked if anyone knew the words and he called on the first young girl (the 14 y.o.) and he said a phrase and was waiting for her to finish it and someone on the other side yelled out - Clay, without turning his head - threw out his arm like "stop" - so teacher, so demanding 
He was so sweet to her - and when she didn't know the words he laid his hand on her shoulder...after the show, we were standing waiting for someone - the girl walked by and said she was never going to wash her shoulder again - awwwwwwwwwww

I really enjoyed this concert - a LOT!!!!!

Thank you Clay for making it happen

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »
QUOTE (Hope @ Feb 19 2011, 04:54 AM)
Canfly's capture of "Both Sides Now" is Incredible. Beautiful song, Beautiful man.

The following Scarlett clips from Pittsburgh were uploaded to You Tube overnight:

Who's Sorry Now Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPKYPjQKJs

Who's Sorry Now Polka Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbY6Cky6GpM

Band Intros: (funny clip) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjVpi1RXy8

Crying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq8OwRefYrw

Unchained Melody Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUzw1SBY9g

Unchained Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOQX1w3Yto

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
BRIGHT STAR:

It was great to see everyone there--a new tour is part excitement and part "old home week." So great to see old friends and meet new ones!

So my body is home, but my mind is still on tour and on the magical concert stage. It usually takes a few days to come down from concert heaven and get fully back to "regular" life. Can I help it if I keep visualizing and hearing this amazingly talented singer and awfully cute guy? One day "Solitaire" kept playing in my mind. The next day it was "In My Life". Today it's "Where Do I Begin." I'm lost in a world of beauty and music and joy, and I don't want to be rescued.

Luckily, I get to see two more shows next week. I'm trying not to even think beyond then. I love it when every day is either a concert day or a between-concerts day. I love that excited feeling when something wonderful is about to happen-- and soon! (the real, true soon).

It's funny: I'm still a huge fan, but over the years my fandom has become more relaxed, calm, settled. A good thing, I think. But all it takes is one day of a new tour to kick me out of my relaxed state into a gah-ing, EEEEing, giggling fangirl.

I've often called Clay a Pied Piper. Just a few notes from that voice and I hustle quickly back to my place in line.
And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »
Newly uploaded to You Tube Scarlett clips from Pittsburgh.

Quiana - A Rainy Day In London Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kyvAhHkN5I

Who's Sorry Now - Do Wop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLvs-6KRjZY

Who's Sorry Now - Mambo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Fg7hHY_Ig

Mack The Knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDTMNsC4ZAc

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »
scorpionlady45

just a few notes from reading the cellcert thread

after he sang Love Story he got an ovation that still carried over when he started There's A Kinda Hush - so when he started singing and came to HUSH he emphasized the word and made this look like - okay hush up now 

he said "abs" getting a work out because of the stage- not ass  even though the thought of that is nice !!!!

and after he comes back out after Quiana sings FDILT - he starts walking like he is sliding downhill!!

He said even though his voice seems to be going - NO shows are going to be cancelled.

and when he was talking about being on the right side and not being able to sing - he likened it to an old married couple that has to sleep on the same side of bed or they can't sleep, that's why he couldn't sing the song right the other night because he was on the wrong side of the bed and he said he was glad to be on the right side of the bed again

yes the crowd really was great last night - I really don't know how big, the theater was really small and it looked like it was pretty full down on the floor, not sure how full the balcony was.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
all4luv

I have just skimmed through the threads so far but I see that there was immense appreciation for his surprise performance of "Both Sides Now"!! When he said he almost did not come back out for the "encore" I thought...Oh, crap!! He was struggling a bit through the last few songs. But like the trooper he is, he had a "backup plan" and what a plan it was!! When I heard the first strains of the song I gasped, rather loudly I think, and then as he began to sing all my emotions of the evening came spilling forth. I felt such a swell of emotion from deep within and, once again, realized this song was kind of an anthem of his life!

We were in the second row on the left, right behind the young girl who tried to help him out with the lyrics for Invisible. I think he made the song his own by just changing those few words...he should just "own" it and leave it be...it is really HIS song now!!

This was my first show and I kept rather unspoliered on purpose, only reading comments and watched the intro song once. I'm glad I did that. I had a M & G so I was so focused on that. You put so much store in those opportunities, especially when you have waited over 8 years for the chance. My details on that are it seemed rushed and he was, of course, talking a mile a minute. But I took the advice to get as clase as I could for the pic, leaning in and that was wonderful...Ymmmm! I will remember vividly how that old sweatshirt was so soft but pilled from years of wearing. And I was worried about being as tall as Clay so I wore flat shoes which gave him that 4 inch advantage!! The lighting was really poor as we were in the actual seating area of the venue, so I could not focus on those gorgeous green eyes like I had hoped to. I don't know what others have reported but he said no Xmas cd for this year but it will probably be his next recorded project (2012)...I think Buble's announcement of a Xmas cd put the damper on the specualtion for Clay to do it this year...JMO. I really got the impression that he has a definite project in the works for Broadway for this year...he said it is "on the table"!! And no more tours this year, so no summer of Clay and Ruben! He mentioned something about planning to sing Touch at this venue but I somehow got lost in the Aiken fog so I need a backup to relay that thought. I asked him about singing a duet in studio when your duet partner is not physically there. He explained how he puts down the melody and then they splice in the harmony later from the other vocalist. He has done it in reverse of that, too, where he sings the harmony(w/K. Locke). I had so many things I wanted to ask but time was so short. One of the young gals from Canada was there(so sweet) and she asked what was his favorite amusement park ride and invited him to the park up in Toronto area. He said they often do such things when they tour in the summer! Someone at the end did ask about Parker as Clay was walking away. I cringed because we are all curious but really know better and I just hate to finish off a wonderful encounter with him maybe thinking "they know I won't answer that".

He was sounding "twangy" when talking, more than I have noticed before. I think it relates to how much time he spends at home! He did not enjoy the bus ride from Knoxville...too much swinging back and forth on the road. I see they have a trailer attached to the back of the bus so I would think that would pull the rear of the bus around a bit more and it has been pretty windy the past few days!

So on to tonight, in my hometown venue, fourth row, smack dab center!! I have friends attending and sitting further back in those cheap smart seats. One has been to a Christmas show('04) but they all appreciate his talent. He will blow their socks off tonight. We'll discuss it after at a little place near downtown where you can bring your own bottle(s) of wine. As we all know...you can NEVER get enough of that man!!! Will have to wait until Ft. Wayne to see him again!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »
NCWANNABEE

Back from Pittsburgh and Wow - what an awesome show and a magical night!!!! As you've all heard, he sounded wonderful and looked gorgeous in the process.

I don't really have time right now to do a proper recap, but here's just a few things that happened. First, my DH attended the show!!! For anyone who knows me, they know what a jaw-droppingly turn of events this is!! NEVER in a million years did I EVER think my DH would attend a show. My Clay obsess.. , I mean hobby, has been a source of contention many times in the past. But, of late, things had been better in that department. A few weeks ago, he stunned me by saying he'd go with me to a concert! I literally laughed and said "are you kidding me?" as I was certain that he was. But, as it turned out, he had heard part of TnT playing in the cd player in my car, which he had driven a few weeks ago. And, (as he later confessed) he actually had caught a few minutes of the TnT special on PBS. He told me he thought Clay did a good job on these types of songs, and that since I had gone to many concerts with him, he'd go with me! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, last night was the big night and I was nervous. I was also taking my mom, who has been to a few concerts already in the past. DH and I had very nice seats in row 5 in the center, right on the aisle. Mom was sitting in row 4 right in front of us. In the mother of all things-one-never-expects-to-happen, a gentleman approached DH and I and said "would you like to sit in the front row?" Well, duh.... like YES!!!!!!!
Turns out he and his wife thought their front row seats were "too close" and wanted to move back a bit. Well, gee, I was more than happy to help them out!!!! So, my DH sent me and my mother to the front, while he took my mom's original seat. Wasn't he a real trooper????

Moving on, I have to tell you that I was thrilled that Clay called on me for one of the "Who's Sorry Now" choices. I had said that if I had the opportunity, I would suggest polka, since, after all, we were in Pittsburgh - home of the polka!!!! Well, wouldn't you know it, right there I was in front when he asked and he looked right down at me and gave me the choice!!!! Woohoo! How lucky can one girl get in one evening!!!!!

And then, of course, when he started to remark that he was singing a song that he thought was one of the most beautiful songs ever written I knew it was going to be "Both Sides Now". And, sure enough, the opening notes began and I just sat there completely entranced. So stunningly beautiful. Oh, and I also have to mention that his hands throughout the entire evening were also a work of art all of themselves. They are exquisitely expressive hands. Gah!

One more thing. Back to DH. He pronounced the concert "GOOD!" OMGoodNESS - that's a totally ringing endorsement!!!! He also said that Clay can "really sing" and that he was entertained. Well, woohoo and yeehaw and stop the presses!!!

A banner evening for sure!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2011, 10:11:09 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2011, 10:11:30 AM »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  PITTSBURGH, PA-Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead 02/18/2011

gfxgfx
gfx