gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229868 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 03:05:42 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  WESTBURY, NY-CAPITAL ONE BANK THEATER 02/26/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WESTBURY, NY-CAPITAL ONE BANK THEATER 02/26/2011  (Read 29909 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: WESTBURY, NY-CAPITAL ONE BANK THEATER 02/26/2011
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
"Clay just came out to the busses. Got a handshake...twice."

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »
From CarolCooke at the OFC.

Clay was his wonderful self tonight at Westbury and his banter had everyone in stitches. Funnnnnnny guy!

Meeting him in person at the M&G was just magical.....he was so nice, friendly, interested in what we had to say and did I mention genuinely nice? I'll never forget his hug when we took a picture together!

I love you Clay Aiken.......

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
He wore a purple sweater, a purple tie and a white shirt. Not sure about the pants.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 01:07:42 AM »
He did say that very clearly. OMG he was so funny tonight!! He said that this was suppposed to be a revolving stage but they changed it because he would get motion sickness. He also said that a pipe had burst in the theater. It was cleaned up but you could still smell turnips?? He said that the venue people had used tons of febreze on the seats but the stage still seemed to be not completely cleared, so if his eyes started watering that would be why. He was hoarse too, and cleared his throat a lot during the first portion of the show.

He got a standing ovation for the love story song. His voice absolutely soared on it. (By the way, its hard to clap with a cellphone in your hand, so I was just making the motions). He told us his pants were too tight. And boy, did they cling to that fabulous gluteous maximus. They seemed to be a taupe color, with faint stripes. It also looked like he had a dark stripe down the seams. He wore the slate blue sweater and a white shirt. Couldnt figure out the tie- blue or purple print maybe? I could see his striped socks when he sat down. I love his shoes, but they also looked like they were a taupe color during the show- perhaps the lighting.

He was very lively during the faster songs, and was snapping his fingers and moving his body and it was HOT!!
The crowd was very very responsive. WHen he mentioned "Invisible" before the Jazzy medley, everyone cheered. Then he told them something about they were going to be disappointed. His face is very mobile and he had some adorable expressions.

He sang the jazzy medley and got applause for each song. When he got to Invisible he was standing right in front of me. He started singing- Watcha doing tonight- and he ran his tongue over his teeth and put this smoldering look  on his face. He was sending e'f's right into the audience on that one!! I almost dropped the phone!! And of course, the shirt tug!

I am not remembering the order of the songs, but he sat in front of us to sing "Misty" and when he hit those deep deep notes, my friend grabbed my arm and it was WONDERFUL

Autotune- he mentioned Ke$ha again, and someone else. Then Felix chimed in with "Jessica Simpson". THey did the Bieber song "Baby" and when it came to the chorus, he threw the lyrics on the floor, and went to each side of the stage and sang Baby Baby..... and really put his heart into it.

Suspicious Minds- he started singing and suddenly there was a huge screech from his microphone which was on the mic stand. He stopped dead and backed up with his mic in his hand. Still a lot of feedback so he grabbed Quianas and had the same problem. So he had both mics in his hand and was singing without them while swinging them around. He was giving dagger eyes at the sound guy. So then he got sound and stepped forward and yelled “What the Hell????” Then he finished the song. Everyone was laughing at him trying to sing without the mic, and the expressions on his face.

The Who's Sorry Now Styles
Soko- West African dance- Felix started the drumbeat, and Quiana started shimmying  her shoulders and she started singing, then Clay did the rrrrrrrrr and making guttural sounds.

Klezma (I think) Jewish dance- he mentioned it to Ben and Ben said did you pick me because I am Jewish?? (paraphrase),  Going blank on how he did it

Sousa March-they marched in place and did the song  similar to the last time.

Everyone was shouting out various styles and he caught Death Metal. He went to discuss with Quiana and people were still shouting out. So he told them he had already made the decision so stop yelling out more.

He started screaming “Who’s sorry now” exactly like death metal. Quiana was backing up and he was bending way over with the mic and screaming into it with his back to Quiana so she grabbed his shoulder and turned him around and they bumped chests together! It was so funny and he did great on it.

He did mention that his throat was a little hoarse.

He got back in to the show but I cannot for the life of me remember the order. Oh yes, Buttercup- he was feeling the music on this one,

I am not remembering the order of the songs, but he sat in front of us to sing "Misty" and when he hit those deep deep notes, my friend grabbed my arm and it was WONDERFUL

He kept moving his chair from one side of the stage to the other during the slow songs, because there were a bunch of people at the side who he said could only see Dells Butt.
When he sat in the middle he said he was getting whiplash moving his head from side to side to catch everyone.

He said that the southerners were very polite and clapped quietly, but that Northerners were more invigorating. Talked to a couple of men in the audience.

Clay is fabulous, He had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand. His voice was great, only a couple of small bobbles. He really engaged the audience, men and women both. A LOT of men in the audience. One man was taking video and Clay told him that’s why his wife brought him along (paraphrase). The venue was pretty full. The empty parts were back behind Felix and Dell- except for about 7 or 8 rows. Don’t know how anyone could see from there- that’s where the man was seated that took video. There was also  two sections of the upper level that were pretty full.

He asked a young girl about a t shirt with him on it-she told him her Mom was selling the t shirts- he looked back and Ben and said “Call my manager”. But he said he wouldn’t pick on her because she had his face on her shirt.

In a fog and tired- cant remember anything else at the moment. Still have to pack for my trip to Keswick tomorrow morning.

I really want to go to ALL his shows- they move so fast.

Oh, and the security dude kept stooping down in front of us and checking out Scarlett. He had told her at the very beginning to put the camera away or he would take it away.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »
libra 014

Westbury short recap:
What a night! I'll have more to post tomorrow but don't know when I'll get the chance, so wanted to say a few things tonight. There were alot of men! I brought one myself. The show was running about 15 minutes or so late. The band members had come out to set up and it was pretty quiet in the audience waiting for Clay. Some guy over in the middle section of the audience yells out "Come out of the closet Clay". At first there was silence and then he got booed. A man across the aisle from us answered loudly "Not cool young man." The man across the aisle had a boy with Downs Syndrome with him who got up and went down near the front to take a picture. He was sent back by the female usher (in a nice way). Anyway the man across the aisle was so supportive of Clay. He jumped up to give a standing O (as did many others) several times. When Clay was talking about people filming and listening for free and pointed out someone with the cellphone, the man said kiddingly we should shoot her. Basically he was defending Clay. I got a kick out of that.

I have had issues with DH and my fandom over the years, so I didn't know how tonight would go. I'm not going to say he was won over, but I did catch him clapping a couple of times and laughing as well. When we were leaving he said well his voice is ok but he sings other people's songs. THEN he adds, he seems like a nice guy though. Oh earlier he said "what's the matter with his hair? It's sticking up." Ha.

I had purchased PBS tickets and thankfully we had an aisle seat for DH, on the right in section F row K. Fortunately our seats were the first ones in the row so we were closer to the center. Clay stood and sat in front of our side alot.

"Where Do I Begin, Love Story Theme" got everyone on their feet I think, or clapping madly or something. (The fog sets in) It was absolutely stunning. If I had to pick favorites...it would be that, "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do", Crying, "Both Sides Now" and "In My Life" although everything was well done. I love love love the way the show started and ended.

I'm sure there were alot of fans there, but I think just as many NJU. Some of the people around me were hoping for Invisible etc. and not in the big band way, although they appreciated his medley.

Even though ticket sales haven't been the best, this tour has brought in a new crowd of people I think. I would hope that they leave with some respect for Clay Aiken so when they hear a remark about Clay they will say well you know I actually saw his show and he has a great voice or he's a nice guy and very funny.

I would have loved to hear people commenting when the show was over but we flew out of there

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
The following Scarlett clips from Westbury have been uploaded to You Tube:

Who's Sorry Now, Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t51JasyVlXU

Who's Sorry Now, Soca Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebhI3-MBbYI

Who's Sorry Now, Klezmer Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZK-dvIeMVo

Who's Sorry Now, Sousa Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkKxBdHtAdE

Who's Sorry Now, Death Metal Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkGNhyTP5cQ

Links can travel.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »
Great recap Marilyn. Glad you enjoyed it. He sounded, wonderful, sexy and funny but hope he isn't getting sick. It's nice to hear about the men that like seeing him. Hope they contunie to be fans and see him again. That stinks about Scarlett. LOL That Death Metal was funny.

Have a safe trip to PA. It really goes by fast. Savior the moments tonight of your last show. Hope you had fun with Barb and Marlene. Hope they have a safe trip back today.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:21:25 PM by Tiffany »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
This is a must see. The sound on his mic going off on SM and him saying What The Hell? BWAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICjbANRYcE&feature=feedu

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
QUOTE (stpteach @ 26 February 2011 - 11:51 PM)
OY! Thank G-d you're not mad at me! Hee! Yeah, so it's a good thing I wore my white sweater. *g* I called Klezmir and at first he looked stupefied and then asked if it was some kind of an instrument, to which I promptly responded "NO!" He said something to Ben at some point, to which he responded, "Why, because I'm Jewish?" To which I responded "YES!" but by then my 7.5 seconds of fame were over. *g* Clay sang and I think he was trying to pull off of Yiddish accent (though to be honest, to me it sounded a lot like the Irish one...hee!) The best was Quiana's accompaniment and then her ending with a shout of "Oy Gevalt!" Clay then announced they were available for bar mitzvahs. I was v. v. happy, to say the least. And if anyone remembers anything else, please add it, 'cause my memory is mush!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
crazyaboutclay:

Wonderful concert last night. A few things I want to mention. I was surrounded by NJU and this is what they had to say

"He's so funny!"

"He's so adorable!"

"You know, anybody can have a great voice and go up on stage and sing,but it takes a real talent to be that personable on stage."

In response to Clay stating that people are following along and listening in at home..."Really??? Wow! That's incredible!! That's great!"

I should also mention that I was sitting next to a couple who had never seen Clay before in concert. I thought the man was going to bust a gut while laughing. . There was also a group of teenage girls in front of me that were having the time of their lives.

It was a great experience to see so many NJU having such a great time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
Adrienne1954

I'm lucky to have walked up to the Westbury box office as soon as it opened yesterday, the day of the concert, and snag a 2nd row seat. It was impossible to buy, what we call, a "decent" seat on TM. I tried, and tried for weeks, but the same 2 seats kept popping up. As it was a theatre in the half-round, tickets were not sold to the side sections, as those would have been obstructed views. So, that would explain why the sides were empty.

I was happily shocked by the numbers of men milling about the lobby before we went into the theatre. Some, I'm sure, were dragged by their wives (t/m Clay), but all seemed excited to be there.

I sat directly behind 2 men who were a couple. They looked like they were having a wonderful time. I was so happy to see that.

Next to me was a couple who had never seen Clay perform before. They were Westbury VIP Members who were able to buy the tickets in advance of the regular ticket buyers. They explained to me that we were sitting in the VIP section, and that would be why those seats were never sold to the public. My seat became available last minute.

The couple only knew Clay from AI and had no idea what to expect. They loved him! The man never stopped laughing at the banter and they both looked entranced by Clay. Afterward, the woman told me she was so surprised that he was so entertaining, he had a wonderful voice, and they were so glad to have come.

I want more.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
New Scarlett clips on You Tube:

"Baby" Auto-tuned, Westbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbC-xSYkWiM

Both Sides Now, Waterbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y50AtPdwh5M

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
libra1014

Westbury recap 2

During "Both Sides Now" and "In My Life" you could of heard a pin drop. The band played softly and the entire room was riveted to Clay's voice. I can't say enough about how beautiful he sounded. His speech before "In My Life" could be described as grateful and humble along with the funny. Great way to keep and add fans if you ask me. For DH to say well he seems like a nice guy shows that those words made it through to him.

I thought the band was great and as usual everyone was showcased at one time or another. Class act. Quiana never disappoints and I love the way she was brought out later in the show like she was more of a special guest than a back-up singer and rightly so. Love her.

I want to talk about across the aisle guy (AAG) who I mentioned in the first recap. He looked to be about 50-60 yrs old and was very funny talking with a bunch of guys sitting in the row in front of him. He had a dry sense of humor and would make funny blunt remarks. Honestly before the show started I was wondering if Clay would be able to reach these guys. Sooo when AAG started to leap out of his chair and clap and holler I was thrilled. He was the type who easily could have made nasty comments (we all know the type) but "Where Do I Begin, Love Story Theme" smacked all of them in the face right at the start with that voice. I know it smacked me! I think the song sounds good on the video but it is unreal live. Seriously.

The banter sections were fun and drew the audience in, people were laughing throughout the place.

I have to run..maybe more later.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 03:13:08 PM »
Scarlett clips just uploaded to You Tube:

Pre-"In My Life" Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtVmrQ_GSY

In My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiP4rNOb0g

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
Most recent Scarlett upload from Westbury concert:

Its on ly Make Believe    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVa9VmfQ90g

Clay sure was kickin' it last night, wasn't he. *g*

Link can travel.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  WESTBURY, NY-CAPITAL ONE BANK THEATER 02/26/2011

gfxgfx
gfx