gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:26:56 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011  (Read 37381 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
« on: July 29, 2010, 07:25:05 PM »
Clay will be in concert in Mesa, Arizona on March 10, 2011 at the Ikeda Theatre (part of Mesa Arts Center). Tickets are being offered as pledge gift when PBS station, KAET Channel 8 in Phoenix, AZ airs Clay Aiken, Tried & True Live! on August 2nd. Tickets to the public will probably be available afterward their programming. Ticket price is $125.00 per seat for main floor or $90.00 for balcony thru PBS Pledge drive.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:25:53 AM »
Ticket price is $125.00 per seat for main floor or $90.00 for balcony thru PBS Pledge drive.
Venue website: http://www.mesaartscenter.com/
Venue Capacity: 1600
Address: 1 East Main Street Mesa, AZ 85211
Phone: (480) 644-6500
Seating Chart: http://www.mesaartscenter.com/index.php/performances/seatingcharts

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »
I know I'm putting this up a few days early. This concert is Thursday night and it starts at 7:30 mountain time so we'll start the cellcert at 9:30 EST.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
I posted a great radio interview from a radio station in AZ Clay was at this morning in the ANN. Love the pics too. He looked great and they asked good questions.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
PERMASWOONED

Hello everyone!!! I am at the Mesa Marriott for anyone else who is here and wandering around. Anyone want to have lunch later? PM me or I'm registered under Walker. Happily, they did not care that my brand new Texas debit card is made out to Preferred Customer....as long as it went through as having a balance, I guess they don't care!! I still can't believe I left my credit cards sitting on my desk at home. Unlike Clay in his new interview, I did have cash, but you cannot function without plastic. I would not even have been able to check my suitcase at DFW yesterday without my spanking new debit card, so many thanks again to jclay for taking me to the bank for 30 minutes of her life she'll never get back, and to Darrell of the Arlington B of A for helping me out.

After the concert Tuesday night I got to spend time visiting with people and then going to eat with more friends. Dining tip: the Black and Bleu burger at Humperdinck's (I think that's were we were....anyone???) is the best burger I have ever eaten in my life. Maybe food tastes better when you eat it with friends???

I have been running on adrenaline for about 3 weeks. Work stuff, medical stuff, visits from out of town family, and two deaths of people very close to me have just worn me to a nub. When I got here to Mesa yesterday I pretty much crashed, so I have not gotten to post about my trip to Texas, my "National Inclusion Project" charity M&G or the concert. I'm going to try to organize my thoughts a bit better and then post more. Suffice it to say, it was all amazing...I loved every moment. I had my very best concert seats EVER...dead center first row, as promised in the auction. This is the first time I've ever entered one of the charity auctions, and I never in a million years thought I would win. I got to take my dear friend California Clayfan with me who has been such an avid fan but had never had a M&G, which was so fun for me. Her picture is going to be gorgeous...I was sitting behind Mary when she took it and could see the screen...so that made it even more special for me.

I ended up getting a new camera right before the trip, which is scary. My old camera was starting to develop a lot of problems, like the zoom not working and too much lag on the focus. I was madly studying the online manual and setting it up for a couple of hours before the concert. OMG!!!! It sure did an amazing job!! I can't really edit pictures on my netbook...the screen is shaped wrong and it's too small, so I may not be able to post pictures til I get home, but I got some lovely stuff.

artquest has cousins who live here, so I may not see her until right before the concert. We'll see.

More recap as I remember things.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »
hearing the crowd chatting

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:32:55 PM »
Hey Marilyn. Can't believe it's 2 more shows lefted. :( Really going to miss this tour.

The last time Clay played in AZ was the 2nd JNT in 2005.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »
Shelley who used to post here is there.

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
Hi Marilyn and Tiffany - I don't know if I can stay awake for the whole show but I am here right now.

I really hate to see this tour end.  Even though I only saw one show, it was a special evening and I love the way he cut back on the size of the band and only having Quiana.  That way we got more of the gorgeous voice we are here to listen to anyway.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
Hey Barb. I know it's a late one. They are on mountain time. 2 hours behind. SF on Saturday will be 3 hours but it's good it's on a weekend anyway.

Agreed Really happy I got to see it at least once too. It's what he does best and what we wanted for him. Sing amazing, be funny and interact with the audience. Said the other night this tour is #4 on my list of favorites tours.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 09:48:14 PM »
"Hi from Mesa! Saw Jerome at will call a little while ago. Lots of fans here and nice to see young faces here too. Looks like lots of husbands in crowd. Will try to recap after show."

It's starting.......

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
Well, the overture just started and the cellcert cut out!!!

ok- its back. VERY loud and clear!!

Where do I begin.......................

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »
"Oh no... they said photography strictly prohibited.... darn not just flash --- we may have clack police...."

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »
WOW he sure Nailed It!!!

Mack the Knife

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
If there is a recording version he did of the Love Story theme wish we could hear it.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011

gfxgfx
gfx