gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:38:07 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  FAN THANK YOU'S TO CLAY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FAN THANK YOU'S TO CLAY  (Read 5823 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
FAN THANK YOU'S TO CLAY
« on: March 12, 2011, 12:51:27 AM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For this amazing tour. Those words seem so inadequate but I don't know how else to express my gratitude. I was able to make it out to 4 concerts (and 1 PBS M&G! Only my first in 8 years!), not a big number compared to some, but a record for me, and every single one was extraordinary and totally worth the long drive and hotels.

These are songs that are part of my heart, and to hear you perform them with the same love and respect that I feel for these standards was so special. Your voice, stage presence, your warmth and humour, continues to awe, as much as I appreciate all the clack, there is nothing in the world like seeing you live. Having you sit down on stage right in front of me in Cincinnati and sing Misty was a once in a lifetime experience, that song has always been one of my favourites, and it was out of this world to be serenaded by you that closely. And for you to end the show with In My Life, you don't understand what that song means to me, but let's just say the first time I heard it in Pittsburgh I got a tear in my eye, of joy and appreciation, of course.

It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since I first saw you live during the AI2 tour in my little custom-made Claynadians tee (gosh, were we ever that young!), and at the same time, I don't think I remember what it was like before your music was a part of my life. And on top of that, through you, I've met so many wonderful people that I would never have known otherwise, and that is a gift in and of itself.

Again, I want to thank you for letting us see you as you are, just you and the music, no showy gimmicks, no flashiness, no distractions (okay, except for Del's jokes, haha), because you really don't need them. The voice speaks for itself! Also a big thanks to Quiana for sharing the stage with you all these years (on the appropriate side, of course), and the band, Ben, Felix, Del, and Adam, such an amazing and talented group! And last but not least, Jerome, there was no touchy-feely, I swear! =)

Lots of love, can't wait to see what's up next for you, don't be a stranger!
Lilian
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  FAN THANK YOU'S TO CLAY

gfxgfx
gfx