gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229523 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:38:35 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Joseph & Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 2013  |  Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat RECAPS, PICTURES
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat RECAPS, PICTURES  (Read 63648 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 2013
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 11:52:17 PM »
August 1 Opening Night

( Aug 2 2013, 11:55 AM)
From Zippy at the CB:

Opening night at Ogunquit Playhouse - audience was 100% full. Lots of NJUs I heard a lot of comments like "Amazing show!" "Great show!" "I'd watch this show again!"

Clay was fabulous as all the cast members. They all work together in unison. That's why the show is so cohesive. The sound was much better, I found. This time I brought my binoculars. I could see closeup Clay. I saw that when Joseph became no. 2 to the Pharoah, he has lines drawn on the sides of his eyes. It's a line out of the corner of the eye and a horizontal V at the end of the line. He looks spectaclar in his gold armour riging in his gold chariot at the end, Everyone was so astonished when Joseph gets thrown into the pit by his brothers. Clay just slides right into the hole!!

BIG standing O and tons of cheers for all cast members but the loudest cheers rang out for Clay!!

Merchandise -There is only the poster for $6 with Clay in his technicolour dreamcoat. The rest are just the usual JATATD merchandise - mug for $15, T shirt for $ 20? I forget.
We managed to get to the front at the stage door. Clay came out after the men cast members left. Took about 15 minutes. My sister got a poster signed and I have stage door video but have no way to upload yet. Will do so after I get home. He looked goid and joked with us that we have nothing to say. He signed everyone's items quickly and was gone in a flash after thanking everyone for coming.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 11:53:35 PM »
OMG- CLAY IN CHAINS!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 11:54:49 PM »
AUG 2ND 10 PM

Row A filled up right after I posted - two of them were two very enthusiastic guys who I think were twins with Down Syndrome, very high functioning. When the guy who played the Pharoah came out at stage door, he came around back of the crowd and took a picture with one, maybe both, and gave him a hug. Very sweet.

Some things that were different from Wed night......
Clay kept his waist sash on the whole show. In the first show he only had it on at the beginning.
The Pharoah wiped his chest with a white handkerchief and tossed it to someone in the front row.
The golden armor at the end was replaced and the headpiece was more bedazzled - I believe I read that this change wwas made
yesterday.

cameocat

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »
August 1 Opening Night

(jc4aikenheart @ Aug 2 2013, 08:47 PM)
Oh! I am currently on Amtrack heading home, I just remember from last night show on Aug 1 8 pm show, After the brothers sold Joseph to the slave owners , ripping up Joseph Dream coat number then killing the Lamb by ripping off the limbs of this poor animal and taking parts of lamb & smearing it's blood on Joseph coat as proof that he was killed in some way. Some how during that madness number, a part limb of the lamb was accidentally thrown into the audience!!!
A audience member pick up the limb of that poor animal & returned to Keala the Narrator she took it with a look of disgust while still singing & with her arm extend holding the lamb rip leg with her tip fingers , the audience was hysterical bursting-into laughter's. 
I wanted to share that moment in last night show.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »
August 2 EVENING

From Zippy at the CB

Fri night's performance was again a fantastic one! My sister and I managed to upgrade our seats and we were seated in Row C Centre! Those are pretty good seats. I can see their reactions on their faces.
I keep thinking whenever Clay becomes Pharoah no.2 and accuses Benjamin of stealing his favourite cup that he reminds me of Ted Neeley from Jesus Christ Superstar. He does a very good job of singing and performing this Joseph role.
Clay broke the cup that he stuffed in Benjamin's bag. Not sure if this happens every time.
BIG Standing O for Clay and company tonight!

Guess what happened tonight? At the stage door, Clay came out in his baggy shorts & blue striped golf shirt and proceeded to sign peoples' items with somebody's blue pen. I heard him ask "Does anyone have a sharpie?" I always carry a sharpie for Clay emergency purposes and dug right into my trusty handbag and quickly whipped out my Black Sharpie Pen. Zippy to the rescue!! I shouted, "I have a Sharpie pen!" He heard me and came right to me at my end of the stage door line. He proceeded to sign my playbill and promptly signed my aunt's Joseph/Clay poster. He then used my Sharpie to sign everybody elses' items! Then, he hugged 2 special guys at my end of the line and they wore "I heart Clay" T-shirts. Clay promptly came up to them and I saw one of the kids give him a peck on the cheek. Everyone went "Awwww!" Afterwards, he left quickly and was about to go back in but remembered he had my pen and gave it to somebody in the crowd. The Sharpie came back to me! I have a pen with Clay's DNA on it!! LOL

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »
floridaiken

Close Every Door OMG!!!!! Had me in tears y'all! So emotionally sung.
Real tears.... believe you me! The man is one helluvan actor!
I feel so fortunate to be seeing this and wish everyone could see it!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 11:58:47 PM »
8/3

copingincalif

Intermission. Wow just wow. Keala is amazing and clay's high range is spot on. More after the show.

eta: theater is full. Dont know what the talk about not selling is coming from

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 12:02:24 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 12:03:03 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:14 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 12:09:19 AM »
July 31

(Southern Belle @ Aug 3 2013, 10:00 AM)
Saw this recap at the Clayboard posted by GrandmaJoan-

I was at the Wednesday night performance, along with forever fan (my daughter, Laurie), my granddaughter, Maria, barbara (flyingstarship), her granddaughter, Ashley, growing garden(Mary) and Anita - some of the pink jacket ladies from New Jersey. We had a few problems getting on the road Tuesday afternoon: Maria had to keep a dr appt. and we planned to leave from there. Then, I remembered that I had forgotten my insulin pen so we had to drive a half hour back to meet my husband who got the pen and got in the car to come meet us to give it to me. Also, Barbara realized that she had left her purse home with all of our tickets and all of her money!!!!!!! So, we drove back to her house to get it. Finally, at 4:15 we started out.we got back on the road.

Our road trip from there was uneventful until we got in the Hartford, Connecticut area where we ran into major road construction which held us up for about an hour and a half. We were very worried since we were afraid there would be more problems ahead. We were ok but, since we had booked a hotel, we thought we should call ahead to let them know we would be coming in late. Well, the person Barbara spoke to was not to pleasant about it and told us we had to call him back before 11:30 pm since that is when they closed down for the night. We called twice more before that time and finally were able to tell him that since they shut down we could not get there that night. We found out then that our rooms were on the third floor, no elevator, just outside stairs up the outside of the building, and no one to help us with our bags, including my 50lb dialysis machine. We could not see ourselves trying to get ours climbing up those stairs let alone a machine. So, we had to find a hotel on the highway for the night. We were only an hour and a half away by the way. The next day, when we arrived at the Admiral Inn to check in for Wednesday, we found out that they had cancelled both of the nights, instead of just Tuesday. And, they don't have bellhop service at all, ever. They would not refund our money, despite the fact they never had told us about any of this when it was booked. So, we went looking for another hotel and we found one almost across the road (near Clayhill Road lol) called "Meadowmere". We loved it there. Twice the price, but had everything , including a pub that had wonderful food. By the time we got setttled and had a bite to eat, we had to get ready for the Play. The Playhouse was five minutes walk. but we drove.

From the song "Open Every Door (which was only a little while after the opening) we were crying. It was so sad, beautiful haunting, emotional and Clay sang it from his soul. I know it was a play and he was acting, but it was coming from within him. I can't explain it, but you will know what I mean. On the funny side, some of the scenes with Clay reminded me of how he acted in Spamalot acting afraid, shy and all the expressions that only Clay knows how to get audience reaction. From there it got better. The whole cast was amazingly talented. Kaela was unbelievable, so great. The kids on the stage were right up Clay's alley and were very talented as well. I could go on forever about the play and Clay. No one wanted it to end and the audience showed its appreciation with its resounding applause and standing ovations. Clay is a true STAR, and I'm hoping to go again. Oh, we all went to the stage door and got his playbill signed.

Ogunquit is breathtakingly beautiful. The restaurants and cafes and little shops all around, and the ocean with rock formations from the mountains surrounding the beaches is a sight to behold. Loved every minute of our time there. LOVED LOVED CLAY AND THE PLAY.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 12:11:24 AM »
August 2 EVENING

(Southern Belle @ Aug 3 2013, 03:35 PM)
Here is another recap I saw at the CB. It was posted by Mammat53---

V1st off i am NOT a good reporter/recapper. so i will post random thought and observations about last night.
got here at noon (ogunquit) BEAUTIFUL place and very friendly. i had NO tickets due to the fact that nothing awesome was coming up and i thought i might as well wait till i got here and save BO fees. staying at Studio East .(highly recomend)sp..anywho they told me they can purchase tix and get 20% off and no fees..got a very nice 9th row tix center for 52,00. decided to walk to playhouse..um mistake took wrong turn..1.5 mikes later realized i was in perkins cove..found some nice people going to playhouse got a ride..whew.
Packed house great seat..sat next to a former broadway critic,,told me as the show progressed that they had changed it up quite a bit and found the frolicking children distracting and annoying..i agree.She was also not fond of the narator..her opinion and mine to a point as her voice was shrill at points. on to Clay..he looked amazing and sounded fantastic! i was a tad disappointed that he did not sing more. alot of enemble numbers..which were awesome but no clay or he just stood there. i saw a lot of Sir robin in his acting.not a lot of lines but more facial/reacting acting. the song he sang whike chained on the ground was chilling and got a rousing applause. the elvis pharouh dude stole the show IMO..he was smoking hot!!!! and really brought the crowd to a WOW! he also got the biggest applause at the end.
Clay was awesome but the show was very short and not enough of him,
Going back to both shows..got a front row center and another 8th row tix this morning through hotel at 20% off.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »
Aug. 2 EVENING

(goodlife5 @ Aug 3 2013, 04:45 PM)
I was at last night's show as well as the first night of preview. I thoroughly enjoyed both shows but I thought that last night's show was dynamite! Yes Elvis was very well received and his part is suppose to gernerate that "King" energy. Clay received loud applause when he first appeared on stage, great applause after ,Close Every Door, and solid applause at end of the show. In my opinion, no one stole Clay's thunder . Clay was fully confident and in possession of Joseph last night, his voice was to die for and I was haunted by Close Every Door. The entire cast is truly terrific and all were very well received.

They have tweaked the show, the opening flows much better, mics have be adjusted, the pace is smoother, some costume improvements for Clay and other small changes. I sat among some local theater patrons last night and they were all thrilled with the show and thought Clay was wonderful.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 12:13:38 AM »
August 3 EVENING

(mommeagher @ Aug 3 2013, 11:04 PM)
My husband and I were at the show tonight...row g seats 9 and 11. Cheaper seats but great views! The theater was almost full with a very enthusiastic crowd. Of course, Clay was awesome in his role and in great voice. I think the pharoah and the brothers roles are more comedic in nature and therefore people are saying they steal the show. They are very good but Clay is the obvious star. "Close Every Door" is beyond amazing. It reminded me of the emotion in "Lover All Alone" but with more power. CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT. It is worth every penny of this expensive excursion!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Joseph & Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 2013  |  Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat RECAPS, PICTURES

gfxgfx
gfx