gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229853 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 18, 2024, 04:48:52 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE  (Read 32576 times)

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
Re: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »
Tiffany - I hate to say it but if there was much snow I would probably have to think twice about driving.  I got use to driving in snow when I lived in VA but that has been a few years ago.  I am very thankful that we won't have ice or snow.

I know you are looking forward to your show next week and I hope you have good weather also.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »
Hi Barbara ..Hope you can catch up on some rest tomorrow.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »
Hi Barbara ..Hope you can catch up on some rest tomorrow.

I will
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »
So far the weather has cooperated for everyone so far this tour

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »
I see Marlene. Maybe it will show up on the Clayboard.

Barb-Totally understand. Yeah! Me too. Thanks After 3 more shows. ;D

Yeah Marlene. Amazing and it is a good time his last show is in CA. You have a wonderful time on Saturday too.

Sounded like the show tonight was very entertaining. Looking forward to hearing about Marilyn's Meet and Greet and Cindy's call with Clay.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
Thanks Philly for helping out and again very happy for you. ;D

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
Thanks for doing this again tonight Tiffany.  I may not have been here for most of the cellcert but I have now read all of it, so I feel like I was there all along.  That is the nice thing about someone doing this.  We don't have to miss what is going on.

I really appreciate you.

Philly it was great seeing you here tonight also.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »
WElcome Barb and I feel the same way. I love it. Thank you very much. :)

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »
GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!

Good job Tiffany

How exciting for you Philly

See you tomorrow Barbara

Nite!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »
Thanks Marlene! Night Gals. Have a blast together.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2012, 10:50:53 PM »
Wow what a night

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »
Next best thing to a M&G..Being snarked by Clay. ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
Stamford Individual You Tube Links:

"The First Noel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXsBw1WlkA...UNf&index=1

"Sentimental Medley."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAX3fGaamo...UNf&index=2

All links can travel.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
EMERSON@CV

It was a truly special concert. I haven't been to a concert this tour, but, tonight's concert was a perfect mix of phenomenal singing, hysterical humor and gorgeous handsomeness.

Someone had an extra ticket in the first few rows...almost dead center...so, I lucked out. The venue was very, very nice. The seats were on a slight angle (not a flat floor)...so the views were really good. They were extremely comfortable/roomy seats with tons of leg room!! The stage was close to the first row. There was a curtain, so it was wonderful when the curtain came up and Ben and the orchestra (the Stamford Symphony, I think, and they were exceptionally good) were right before our eyes. The acoustics were excellent. They were very good about photos....no clack nazis anywhere.

Clay looks fantastic and sounds better than Idol.....his jokes about getting older, but, his voice has aged like a fine wine. He looks thinner in person than he does on the videos. He pretty much wore the same clothes, I think....but, I was so busy looking at his gorgeous face....I would not be a good wardrobe reporter. grand

I thought his All Is Well was the best I have ever heard....but, maybe it was being there in person. O Holy Night was perfection, too. Well...ALL of the songs were perfection.

He was the funniest I have ever heard him tonight. When he took the phone from someone in the audience, he hung up on the person by mistake...but, she called back . The funniest part was when he had a woman from the audience come up on stage because she was using binoculars. She was all over him (in a good way). He asked her what she did for a living and she said she was a retired grandmother. He joked about her being "retired from being a grandmother". At one point she gave him a kiss. The part with her son was hysterical. At first I don't think he got that she was on stage with Clay. Then, after Clay had talked to him and informed the ushers to let him in when his movie was over ....she grabbed the phone and asked if he was OK. He showed up right before "My Grown Up Christmas List".

It was just an absolutely perfect night. I finally got to meet dancermom...who was sitting close by. Between the wonderful venue...the cheap parking...and what I really think might be Clay's best overall concert and banter....it was wonderful for me (as I have not seen Clay live in quite some time....and, as we all know, there is nothing like Clay LIVE).

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
EMERSON@CV

a few more memories from last night....

I don't know if the piano music that Ben was playing during Fayes storie wasn't really a song....but, it sure could have been. It sounded like the best of George Winston. Simply beautiful!!!! I could use that to relax to any day.

The woman Clay called up to the stage kept moving very close to Clay (almost in his face). Sometimes, he backed up a bit. Sometimes he just let her be that close. That is when the spontaneous kiss came. He asked her what she saw of him with the binoculars and she said "EVERYTHING"....to which everyone, including Clay, laughed. She said she something like she really wanted him....that she was divorced. I think Clay almost fell off his stool laughing at that one. Can't wait for clack...there was just so much to that interaction.

Some guy came up on stage for the song....and it was Oh Christmas Tree and he did NOT know the words (except for the chorus).

Clay was upset that the lady with the phone (which he call an old-fashioned phone or ancient phone) had a photo of him from his "fat" days as his screen cover. Then he said that his shirts were getting a bit tighter b/c Faye had baked fudge for him for the tour bus and he was eating it. Having said that....I think he looks and sounds better than ever. Now, I know why people were raving about the Gala so much!!! I will never, never understand why Buble, Groban, and Bocelli get so much play (along with a LOT of crap out there).....and people just don't get how wonderful Clay is.

There were fans from Nova Scotia and Maine at the show. Clay called out a girl who he thought was much younger than she was. She is turning 25 on Christmas. Wow...I just realized 25 on 25....special birthday. He thought she looked much younger. He wished he looked 25.

He keeps saying that "The First Noel" is his favorite Christmas song. I wonder if that will on the new album (fingers crossed). "Welcome To Our World" and "All Year Long" (and Celebrate me Home) have to be. "All Year Long" version from Stamford "felt" like the absolute best yet. I think the orchestra brought out the best of Clay. Loved the violins and the horns.

I have to say that I enjoy Christmas music....I love English boy choirs and symphonies or Boston Pops....and Andrea Bocelli singing Ave Maria and Panis Angelicus .....but, other than that, there is no one who compares to Clay when it comes to singing Christmas music. His voice was meant to sing it. I like Michael Buble ...but, when it comes to singing Christmas carols...Clay is better!!! Am I ever glad I made the decision to get to this concert.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE

gfxgfx
gfx