gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 10:13:26 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Communities  |  9/11 Remembrance  |  Memories, Thoughts, Tributes 10 years later 9/11/11
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Memories, Thoughts, Tributes 10 years later 9/11/11  (Read 32473 times)

Moonshot

• Administrator
  • Claymaniac
  • Yes. I AM a sexy beast.
Memories, Thoughts, Tributes 10 years later 9/11/11
« on: September 11, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »
In honor and tribute to the 10th anniversary of the events of 9/11/01 Claymaniacs.com will be closed to Clay-content posts. However, we have created this thread that will be open for members to gather and share their memories and thoughts about the events of the day.

Claymaniacs will return to regular posting on Monday, September 12th.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:31:31 AM by Moonshot »
Sometimes I think my whole life is spent in one long effort to escape the commonplaces of existence ~ Sherlock Holmes

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
Re: Memories, Thoughts, Tributes 10 years later 9/11/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »
Great idea. Thanks, Michael and Moonie.
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
Last night our resident Artist Jan  emailed this to me and asked that I post it on the OCD for the Anniversary (I don't think she knew at the time that the site would be closed today). She did this woodblock shortly after 9-11, and posted it on Claymaniacs at that time. The words at the bottom are the words of the song "Have You Forgotten?".

Michael

• Administrator
  • Admirer
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
I will be attending a 9/11 event this evening locally with some high profile dignitaries.  I like to think I am a "tough" and "macho" guy,  but I tell you.....it will be very difficult this evening to keep my composure.  Such a sad sad day in American history.  May their souls sit along God's side in heaven.

Michael
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 10:41:08 AM by Michael »
Hated by the world, we stand as that last beacon of freedom. Give us your weak, and we will make them strong.
Give us your hungry, and we will see that they eat. Give us your hand in friendship, and we will see that you never face an enemy alone.

God bless America, greatest nation on Earth.

Thea

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »
"Lord, God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget, lest we forget"

(Words by Rudyard Kipling set to music in "God of Our Fathers, Known of Old")

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 12:50:14 PM »
Such sadness- so many lives lost for no reason. They were not soldiers, they were not fighting the war. It was all so tragic and so needless.

That day, I was almost at work when the first plane hit. Everyone thought it was a small plane, that it was an accident.

When I got to work, we had a big screen tv in the outer loan officers room. Everyone was glued to it when the second plane hit. I cannot tell you the feeling of dread and horror that ran throuigh the office. The tears  were flowing. We had loan officers that were part time, and their full time job was firefighting. One of our guys was working at the office and left to go to the city. We found out later that he had switched shifts with a guy. THis fellow had wanted SUnday off, and our guy John had it off, so they switched.

We found out later that John's whole company had perished in the fire. It could have been him. Such a twist of fate!!

So many of our company had friends or relatives working in the city, some at the WTC.

Last night I watched a show on TV about the heroes of WTC. The two Port AUthority officers that went UP story by story until they had rescued as many as 77 people and got them down the stairs. The one officer called his supervisor who was offsite and told him that the elevators and the structural damage did not look good (he was an engineer) and he thought the tower might collapse.  Unfortunatley, neither of those two got out-but thanks to them, so many did.

The firefighters that went into the buildings and up towards the fires- their courage and bravery touched my heart- they will never be forgotten.

And the police and Port AUthority workers that gave their lives doing thier job- they are in my heart also.
What a senseless tragedy!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Sasha

• Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 01:09:32 PM »
Michael i was still crying this morning when then showed everyone pictures from our state this morning that lost their lives.  i remember being at work when it happened and we were all glued to the tvs in the cafe.  we learned later that our ex plant manager and the guy down the hall were on that plane.. in 2 plants were people where killed they have memorials and every year we have a cermony to honor those people and everyone else that was killed, still touching every time.
 We will never forget it changed so many people lives and our lives.  And we can never forget how many  firefighters ,police , cilvilians and rescue workers risked their own lives to save others.   My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who lost lives and their families.  THis was such a senseless tragedy.

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »
Never forget to remember.

PamelaH

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
My heart hurts today.

Spikee

• Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »
My prayers to all who lost a loved one on this awful day.

PamelaH - I like your picture.  Hope you don't mind, I copied it to my pictures.
~ I did what I had to ~
  ~ On My Way Here ~

PamelaH

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »

PamelaH - I like your picture.  Hope you don't mind, I copied it to my pictures.

I don't mind at all, Spikee.  I myself found it by doing a google search.  :-)

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 06:49:09 PM »
God Bless America!
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

ANGELA

• Claymaniac
  • "SUPPORTING CLAY AND ENJOYING HIS MUSIC"
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
WE ARE ALL SO LUCKY TO LIVE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND WE NEED TO THANK  ALL OUR SOLDIERS WHO HELP KEEP US LIVE FREE .  MAY GOD BLESS   ALL THE SOLDIRS AS WELL AS THEIR FAMILIES.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET ALL THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES ON SEPTEMBER 11TH...IT WAS A VERY SAD DAY FOR THE UNITED STATES AND MOST OF THE WORLD.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

ANGELA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:52:16 PM by ANGELA »
"BE HAPPY DO YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 08:38:08 PM »

MY HEART HURTS TODAY LIVES TAKEN FOR NO REASON EXCEPT HATE, WE WILL NEVER FORGET. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Communities  |  9/11 Remembrance  |  Memories, Thoughts, Tributes 10 years later 9/11/11

gfxgfx
gfx