gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229510 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:00:06 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  MARCH 4, 2004 NASSAU COLISEUM, LONG ISLAND NY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MARCH 4, 2004 NASSAU COLISEUM, LONG ISLAND NY  (Read 6178 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
MARCH 4, 2004 NASSAU COLISEUM, LONG ISLAND NY
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team
MARCH 4, 2004
« on: March 04, 2006, 08:18:09 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two years ago today, I saw Clay live for the very first time. I had wanted to get tickets- because I never saw the AI2 tour.
I had tried for weeks and weeks- the venue was Nassau Coliseum on Long Island.
The week before the show, I was walking the dog, and I saw a shooting star- DONT LAUGH!! so I wished that I could get tickets.
THE VERY NEXT DAY I tried and got two tickets for my sister and I. Its a hockey arena normally, and we were on the 1st row up from what would have been the "ice"
There were two women to my right, then one of the entrances to the arena where the hockey players were to come out
I remember seeing a couple of women take pictures with this huge man (who turned out to be Jerome, but I didnt know it then!!)

I told my sister that I heard Clay would come out through the audience- a lot of people had gathered at the entrance across the way, but when I saw Jerome, I said " I BET he is coming out here!!"
We watched Kelly ( although we were on the 1st row up we were far back from the stage, so it had to be the jumbotrons)
Then, after the intermission, after I had bought my first CLAY program, the lights dimmed.
and suddenly- there he was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME a little to the left. Surrounded by guards- and yet- I reached out- and found the fugly jacket covered arm- I ran my hand down the whole lenghth of his arm from the shoulder, as he passed by me

AND I WAS HOOKED- no going back for me. I was a FANGIRLY, for crying out loud!!

AND I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF THIS JOURNEY!! Thanks to Clay, and to all of you on this board- which I joined May 11th of that year

Clay did not feel well that night- he had appeared on THE VIEW that morning and was fighting a cold. At the show that night, a member of the audience gave him cough drops.

But he did the whole show, and only broke up a little on "Open Arms"
WHAT A PERFORMER

Here is a picture of how he looked on the view that day!

Did anyone else on the board attend that show?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:48:27 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: MARCH 4, 2004
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
ANGELA
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:45 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND I WAS HOOKED- no going back for me. I was a FANGIRLY, for crying out loud!!

I AM A FANGIRL TOO-& I AM LOVING IT!!!!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:24:53 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 09:07:18 AM » 

Marilyn, that was beautiful!! 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »
Tammy
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 11:39:54 AM » 

Marilyn
What great memories... Thanks for sharing them with us..     I have those same feelings from my first Clay concert...  Hubby was sitting next to me and Clay was coming down our isle... I couldn't believe I was going to see him up that close..   I remember my husband pushing me in Clay's  direction so I could get close to him...  I nearly fell on top of a few people in my way..    What a good hubby he is...  He know's how important Clay is to me...  Now I do my concert treking with my Clay friends.. Much cheaper and he doesn't have to see me drool..   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »
aikenseeker
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 12:52:56 PM » 

Marilyn!

Thank you for reminding us all how special yesterday was.

I just watched the Wild Card show the other night and I remember it vividly.

I remember when Clay got sent home initially how depressed I was and then on the wild card the relief that I'd get to see more of him.

Sigh.... I just wub Clay!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  MARCH 4, 2004 NASSAU COLISEUM, LONG ISLAND NY

gfxgfx
gfx