gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 03:18:23 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor  (Read 13911 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
fhmmany2
Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 10:47:36 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady C - I'm sorry, too, that you had a bad experience, but I hope the rumour is not true. I like Kelly very much, but I do not think that it would help either her or Clay to tour together again - it would especially not help Clay. He simply does not need her - he stands alone. Kelly seems to be afraid to tour on her own. As I posted on the OCD, the first thing she did last year after Fantasia won was to run onstage and say "we should tour together!". I think Kelly, with all of her success with CDs and all of the support she receives from radio and magazines should go out on her own with just an opening act as Clay did during the Solo Tour.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »
ClayHeart
Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 11:24:55 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw an interview with Kelly and Clay last year, and Kelly said it was her idea to tour with Clay.  She went to him.  It was very smart on her part.  She probably reaped half the profits of that successful tour, and probably 3/4 or more of the people were there for Clay.  Look how successful his solo tours were. 

I like Kelly too.  She seems real down to earth and I think she is talented.  Kelly's and Clay's styles are different, but I do like most of her songs also.  I probably wouldn't go to a concert with just her, and I have gone to a Clay concert.  I would probably be afraid too, if I were Kelly, about touring solo.  Look what happened to Ruben.  If the tour doesn't go well, then it does seem to be saying something about your chances for long-term success.  I wish her the best, though, and hope any tour she does does well.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
liney23
  Touring together
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 11:48:53 AM » 

My two cents:  Kelly and Clay had an absolute ball touring together last year.  They love each other, whether just as good friends or more (another rumor). 

Tho I think it would be better for Clay to continue to distance himself from AI by touring alone, I can totally see the two of them wanting to do it again.

Well just have to wait and see what happens and try to accept whatever Clay decides with good grace.  He hasn't made too many mistakes in his decisions so far!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »
LadyC
Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 11:49:45 AM » 

It's all good, y'all.  They're nice people, I've learned.  As long as you don't mention Clay.  LOL

Then it's time to get scrappy!    >:(

Seriously, though, when I stopped and imagined the situation reversed I realized that I may have reacted in a similar way.  Let's face it.  Kelly is a talented singer, song writer, and she's even learning to play the guitar for her own songs.  (Before anyone gets upset at me, please understand that I'm NOT suggesting Clay is somehow less talented because he doesn't write his music or play an instrument.  I couldn't care less.  He's perfect just the way he is.)  And yet, despite her accomplishments, nearly every interview she has, they ask her something about Clay.

To her credit, she handles it with admirable grace and humor.  But I'm sure it ticks some of her fans off.  It would tick us off if they asked Clay about ... I don't know ... Fantasia every time he was interviewed because they're both from NC.

And then some Clay fans basically took over her board and got really upset if people said anything negative about him.  (As would I.)

Those kind of over zealous fans do Clay more harm than good, and we've already had that discussion a hundred times.  They're the fanatics that make us all look like a bunch of nut cases.   :duh  Hey!  Maybe it was Bob and Linda!!   

Kelly's fans, and I count myself among them, are as protective of her as we are of Clay.  If, for example, Fantasia's fans came here and started numerous threads, suggesting over and over again that it was Clay's association to her that made him famous and he needed her to make it, and then got snippy if we said we didn't care for Fantasia's music - we'd defend Clay and this board.

It's not a problem.  If you're a Kelly fan and you want to leave a message for Kelly (she posts there now and then) I recommend her board.  Just don't mention Clay.  Clay has his own RCA board (never been there, so I have no idea what it's like), and we have ClayManiacs - where the Clay talk and Clack are always flowing.

It's not my problem if they don't like Clay.  It's not my job to try and persuade them or sell him to them.  They don't have a Post Your Hate for Clay thread or anything.  They aren't bashing him.  But they will tell you that they don't like him if you bring him up.

So I won't.    Ever again.    I swear.  LOL 

But I overreacted and took it personally because I love Clay soooooo much.  It felt like a personal attack, and frankly, it shocked the crap out of me because I had no idea whatsoever that there'd been a problem.  I was ignorant to the whole thing.

And I liked my ignorance, thank you very much.  LOL  I liked to believe that, since I am madly in love with Clay, and I love Kelly to pieces, that all fans love them both as much as I do, and that we do some kind of Hands Across America sort of thing and sing We Are the World and throw rose pedals or whatever.

Good Lord, I am annoying!  LOL

Anyway, we can still do that here on our Kelly thread over in the very warm, very welcoming AI Forum.  (Thank you, Misha and Deanna, and all the moderators over at the AI.)

Clay is my ultimate favorite.  He's even above my Timmy - and y'all know how much I adore that man.  But Kelly is probably my favorite female artist, just since her new album came out.  The music is amazing. 

I can love them both, and so can you.  Just not on Kelly's board.   

Love ya,
LadyC

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
shaikeninseattle
Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 02:20:56 PM » 

LadyC, well said and I agree 100%!!! I personally wouldn't mind if they toured together. I would like to see it mixed up a little bit rather than splitting the time in half though.  I love to see them both having a great time and having someone to "hang" with on their long trips. I too doubt if it's going to happen since OMC has done so well for himself, but I don't blame Kelly if she prefers to tour with someone else. She has stated that she's a family person and she's used to having people around her. 
Anyhow, whatever they do, I'll be happy as long as I can see them!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »
claynadian
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 03:04:59 PM » 

HOLEY SPAZZES!!!!!!

Yay!!! new tour!! I hope he comes to Canada!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
forever_clay
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 04:27:07 PM » 

Lady C, i must thank you for your post!! Thank you for taking a step back and thinking about what it would be like if a bunch of other people's fans came over and started talking about them. Anyway, you know what you wrote so i don't have to summarize. THANK YOU.

and for the rest of the people out there who don't look at it that way...

Kelly did not just reap from clay. Not at all. Sure, she was able to present her music to the clay nation who perhaps hadn't really sought her music out. BUT DON'T YOU THINK THAT KELLY FANS GOT THE SAME CHANCE WITH CLAY AND CLAY'S MUSIC??? Clay was able to go through and sing his album and introduce himself and his music to people that hadn't sought out his music. THEY BOTH BENNEFITED. both have said so multiple times.

Kelly fans may be doing a diservice to Kelly by saying those things about Clay and Clay fans.  maybe they aren't. Who knows. i sure don't know and i don't think anyone does for sure. BUT, i know that we must stick together and not possibly do Clay a diservice by demeaning anyone or their fans. We don't have to like them, that's totally cool if you don't. But we don't need to knock anyone down.

THANKS AGAIN LADYC FOR THINKING ABOUT IT FROM THE OTHER DIRECTION!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »
Ms. Hip Shake
 Re: Touring together
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 06:26:52 PM » 

My two cents:  Kelly and Clay had an absolute ball touring together last year.  They love each other, whether just as good friends or more (another rumor). 

Tho I think it would be better for Clay to continue to distance himself from AI by touring alone, I can totally see the two of them wanting to do it again.

I could not agree with this statement more if I tried.  Right on, Liney!   

Kris...thanx for the info.  So sorry that you had to experience the wrath of the KC board.  I heard about that site, and what I heard is not pretty.  I stay clear.  If there is mean Clay talk....there will be no me on board. 

Anyhow....I cannot understand for the life of me WHY certain fans want to treat other artists like this.  Kelly and Clay are not in competition.  Each performer has their own market.  My conclusion: immaturity.  Plain and simple.  These posters NEED to grow up and do it fast.  As for the "mods", they need to get their act together and take some lessons from our mods here at Clay Maniacs.  Sometimes the bitterness that I see demonstrated in the world saddens me to the bone.   :duh

Endnote: I wonder how the KCers will feel if a love relationship between Clay and Kelly ever became public.  They are apparently quite fond of each other, so this is a distinct future possiblity.  It would be priceless to see the look of shock on some of their childish faces.  Would ya like some fries to go with that crow, KC fans?????    That would fix them!!!!

PS.  I love Kelly...she is an amazing singer.  I think that the Clelly would make great music and beautiful babies together.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »
fantasys about clay
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 06:40:15 PM » 

LADY C, I FEEL SOOOOO SORRY THAT U HAD TO GO THROUGH THAT  AND I KNOW WHAT A LOT IF U HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT ONLY SEEING CLAY- WHEN I SAW HIM AT THE BIG E WE HAD TO SEE BEN YELEN FIRST WHO I DID NOT LIKE! I WAITED IN LINE 11 HOURS TO SEE HIM IN THE FREEZING COLD AND I HAD TO LISTEN TO THAT GUY FIRST! NO I WAS NOT HAPPY  LUCK FOR ME I MET TWO VERY NICE WHO GAVE THERE BLANKET AND WERE JUST THE SWEETEST CLAY FANS I HAVE EVER MET!

NOW WITH THE TOUR THING: I DID NOT SEE THERE TOUR AND I WANT TO SEE CLAY IS SHE COMES TO CT (I ONLY TRAVEL FROM FOR CLAY!) BUT SHE TOURS WITH FANTASIA I MIGHT SAVE MY MONEY 4 MORE CLAY THIS SUMMER  I THINK KELLY'S AMAZING AND ON MTV SHE SAID SHE WAS GONNA TOUR ALL OVER SO WELL SEE AND I ALSO THINK THAT KELLY AND CLAY ARE TOO GOOD OF FRIENDS TO DATE ONE ANOTHER-BUT THEY DO LOOK CUTE TOGETHER! OR MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME B/C I'VE HEARD MORE THAN ONCE I LOOK LIKE KELLY!  MAYBE I SHOULD TOUR WITH CLAY NEXT......... AND ALL U GUYS COULD COME TOO!!!!  LOL
I'M SUCH A LOSER! :duh

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
Ms. Hip Shake
Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2005, 07:18:59 PM » 

Like...I don't get it at all.  How can anyone hate or strongly dislike something so beautiful......

It just ain't right.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »
mrsaiken3504
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2005, 07:23:43 PM » 

Lets just all stop talking about Kelly's fans- it is not right to stereotype them. But, I can do think I can conclude that both fan bases would rather not have them tour together. But, it is not our decision. Kelly has been planning on going on tour, but nothing is confirmed.

Whoever was asking about kelly sites- I go to www.kcmb.ca
I must admit- it lacks the community feeling of claymaniacs but it always has great news and everyone is very helpful!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 09:19:01 PM »
LadyC
Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2005, 08:06:02 PM » 

Yes, let's not stereotype anyone.  As I said, it's just some of the people on one board.   I really think that for the most part, Kelly and Clay share a huge fanbase.

I absolutely love and adore them both.

My point for posting the story here, and I realize now that I didn't say it very well, was that ...

1.  That board can be fun if we save our Clay talk for our Clay boards.  Kelly deserves her own forum, too, and I'm perfectly okay with that now that the shock has worn off.  And ...

2.  ClayManiacs is truley a unique and precious place.  I know there has been some ... discord of late, but that's unavoidable.  Clay himself said that families always fight, it's just part of being in a family.  But overall this board hosts the most tolerant, welcoming and truly well-intentioned fan community I've ever been to, and I've been doing message boards for years.  I've belonged to book club boards, Tim McGraw boards, Star Trek boards ... you name it.  And none of them have come close to the general feeling of love and kindness that exists here.

That's what matters.

Love,
LadyC

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »
fantasys about clay
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2005, 08:11:58 PM » 

YOUR TOTALLY RIGHT LADYC! WE ARE SUCH A CLAY FAMILY HERE THAT WE ARE BOUND TO FIGHT BUT CLAY ALWAYS BRINGS US BACK TOGETHER! 
TOO BAD MY FAMILY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »
forever_clay
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2005, 11:47:39 PM » 

LadyC, i must once again thank you for the post!!

Spread the love all. Let's continue to set an awesome example for all fans of all people and be open and accepting of those who don't exactly appreciate Clay. We all have our reasons for who we like, but everyone is awesome here and i appreciate you all immensly.

Thanks everyone! You Rock.

Spread the Love.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
mrsaiken3504
  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2005, 08:42:25 PM » 

YUP- SPREAD THE CLAY LOVE!!! (IT WOULD PROBABLY JUST BE BEST IF YOU DIDN'T SPREAD TO THE KELLY BOARDS... OK I COULDNT RESISTS )

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor

gfxgfx
gfx