gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 02:25:32 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  IF YOU WENT TO A CONCERT - THANK YOU!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IF YOU WENT TO A CONCERT - THANK YOU!!  (Read 8743 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
IF YOU WENT TO A CONCERT - THANK YOU!!
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:50:07 AM »
Anonymous
« on: April 16, 2004, 12:30:55 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I logged off to write this message, because it doesn't matter who I am. I know I speak for everyone who could not get to a concert. THANK YOU IF YOU POSTED A CONCERT REVIEW, POSTED PICTURES, OR POSTED A VIDEO!!! It has meant so much to me to come in every night and read about all of the fun you were having. Not going to one of these concerts is going to be one of the few regrets I have in my life - I could have gone, but I didn't want to go alone. After reading all of your reviews, I knew I should have gone - I would not have been alone with all of you guys there! THANK YOU AGAIN! IF THERE IS EVER ANOTHER CONCERT, I'LL SEE YOU THERE!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:45:22 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: IF YOU WENT TO A CONCERT - THANK YOU!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
tessie
  If you went to a
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 01:54:08 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guest,

It is not always easy to go places alone, but sometimes you just gather your courage and go.  I traveled to Las Vegas by myself.  I met some other women who had traveled from different parts of the country by themselves.  At the concert I sat next to a woman who had come from Hawaii...all just because we wanted to see Clay.  You would be in good Clay company wherever you went.  Hope to see you at the next Clay event.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:03:12 AM » 

You are very welcome !  Thank you for having such a positive attitude and not being "mad" at us for being able to go when you couldnt. I know that can be difficult too.  Look at all of your friends here !!  You wouldnt be alone at any Clay event  :

I too hope to see you sometime soon  :P

Thanks again for being thankful and blessed with what you have.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:46:22 PM »
lorraine
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 10:17:47 AM » 

THE REVIEWS HAVE BEEN SO GREAT THAT SOMETIMES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE RIGHT THERE.  THE EXCITEMENT SHOWS THROUGH EACH WORD THAT IS WRITTEN.

LORRAINE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
HavinaClayAffair
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 02:39:23 PM » 

Depending on where you live.... Invite me!! I will go!! My husband went to the Columbus concert with me...but I was way to "under control" with him there!! No more Clay concerts with him!!

If you arrive alone, you will not go home alone! You will be filled with the "Joy of Clay!!" No one would know you were alone anyway!! I go to the bathroom by myself..and concession stands!! The person sitting to the left of me doesn't know if I am with the person to the right of me and vice-versa!! Just chat and I am SURE you will find SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!!

Hope you get to go to one!! It was my first REAL concert that I actually wanted to attend and can not wait until August!!!

Clay Aiken= My Hearts Desire!

Lora-Ohio

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »
CFCF
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 01:33:57 AM » 

You are not "alone" at a Clay concert. I am a naturally shy person, but made friends at the preconcert party, in the line to get in, in the concessions line, in the drinks line, in the bathroom line, and in a wide circle around my seats :D  You are so NOT alone!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »
lovinclay
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 09:07:55 AM » 

PLEASE DON'T EVER PASS UP AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE CLAY AGAIN!  I WAS FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS, BUT I WOULDN'T HESITATE TO GO ALONE.  EVERYONE THERE LOVES CLAY, SO YOU WOULD BE AMONG FRIENDS.  I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT YOU'RE ALWAYS WELCOME TO COME WITH ME.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
LiftClayUp
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 09:50:39 AM » 

If there is a concert near you get a ticket.  Then post the fact that you are going and want to meet up with some fans.  If it is in my area or if I am just going to that concert I will be your concert buddy.  I was fortunate enough to go to two concerts and didn't sit with anyone I knew but had a marvelous time.  When I went to Omaha I was fortunate enough to meet up with two wonderful ladies from Kansas City and travel with them.  I didn't know either of them and they didn't know each other.  Clay fans are a different kind of people.  They are open, sharing and just wonderful.

Carol

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »
LuvMyClay
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 11:46:47 AM » 

HavinaClayAffair writes:

My husband went to the Columbus concert with me...but I was way to "under control" with him there!! No more Clay concerts with him!!

I know what you mean.  My husband went with me to both concerts.  At the first one we sat together, and I felt like I couldn't really let go.  At the second one we sat apart.  Now, I am going to mention, at the second concert I was on the floor right next to the catwalk (literally two feet from Clay) thanks to a friend I met on this board who stood in line all day to get these wonderful seats, and gave me one.  THANK YOU BARBARA!!! :D  :D  :D  My seats for the first concerts were also good.  Not that good, but good.  I was sitting right next to the stage, and Clay passed by on his way down from the back of the arena.  He was so close I actually was able to touch him. 

My point in telling all this is two things:  (1)  You don't have to go with anyone, because there are all these friends that will be happy to meet up with you and (2) don't bring  any husbands...lol :  :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 02:03:01 PM » 

LifyClayUp  I totally agree about travelling with, and meeting up with people you only know thru the Claymaniacs site, I have had that priveledge at the Detroit concert where I met and traveled with Lainey and her friend Carolyn, and met up with Pauluka96 and ydebi, and will again for Clio where I will travel with ChrisieD and meet up with Karen28, talk about wonderful people, yes kind, caring, genuinely friendly folk!!  so guest, don't pass up another opportunity, read my signature, seeing Clay live will really be a moment that takes your breath away!!! seize the moment!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
Michele
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2004, 02:28:12 PM » 

I am in Maryland.  Since there has not been any concerts scheduled in my area yet it looks like I may be traveling.  You are welcome to go with me, if possible.  In am definately going to GMA concert in New York with two co-workers I Clayverted.  Maybe we will see you there!!   :D  :D   I know one won't be enough so I am planning at least one more somewhere.

I did get to go to two of Clay's concerts.  I contributed a little to the discussions but some of you ladies and gentleman can really write.  I have enjoyed hearing about all of the concerts and with such great detail.  I felt as if I did not miss a thing.  So I would also like to say Thank You to everyone!!   :D

Michele

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »
Char
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 11:13:31 PM » 

I am in total agreement with everyone else here- even if you go alone, you will not be alone for long! Through the two concerts I attended this year, I have met so many wonderful people :) In St. Louis another lady had her Bubel-Aiken hockey jersey on and I went up and talked to her. Well...low and behold- I saw her again in KC and we talked and hugged as soon as we saw each other! I still did not catch her name, but I felt that I was seeing an old friend when I saw her again. Then during the concert, I spoke to the lady seated (well- we stood most of the time) next to me and I gave her the address here and told her to come look at the boards :) Then after the concert, I also talked to a couple of college students who came up from Oklahoma City for the concert. Clay's fans are such wonderful people- it is so easy to make new friends at his concerts! So, if he is performing within a nice radius near you, go for it!! It is well worth it not only for the show, but you have a heck of a LOT of fun too!!!

- Char

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 02:04:41 PM » 

I was very fortunate to be able to attend all three NC concerts. 
I was also very blessed to have had the great pleasure, through the generosity of outthereforclay, cjrmax, bweber9, and friends from other boards, to be the recipient of several 'cellcert' experiences from other concerts as well.

Thank you to them, and to everyone who was kind enough to post their own concert recaps, reviews and experiences.  I will never tire of hearing and reading about the tears, the laughter and the 'thudding' that Clay inspires in everyone who sees him perform live!

It's great to be a Clay fan.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »
karen28
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 04:46:01 PM » 

mrs. c. said:
life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Sharon, I can't believe I never noticed your siggie before.  It's beautiful.......and so true.  Clay sure takes our breath away.....I've felt so happy, alive and joyful in this past year,  a big part of which is due to Clay being in my life! :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 05:17:04 PM » 

Karen, and thank goodness for those moments

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  IF YOU WENT TO A CONCERT - THANK YOU!!

gfxgfx
gfx