gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 12:57:23 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Favorite song
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Favorite song  (Read 11072 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Favorite song
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:49:36 AM »
screaminrieman
  Favorite song
« on: March 22, 2004, 02:12:14 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what is your favorite song from either the tour or an album??  MIne is the title track.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:38:43 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Favorite song
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 07:39:04 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Favorite song
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 05:10:00 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now, it's Fields of Gold.  I would give my left pinky to hear the full song.  Acoustically.  In an outdoor amphitheater. At night.  (hint hint)
From the CD, I like Shine.  It reminds me of the Beatles...
Also, I love I Will Carry You and Touch.  All of Clay's least favorites!    ::)
From the show, I think Bridge Over Troubled Water was the best performance, and Build Me Up Buttercup blew me away.
As far as my favorite cover song I would love for Clay to sing, that would be Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin by Journey.  But I know that will never happen, so my second favorite cover song I would love for Clay to sing is ...Fragile by Sting.

Sorry you asked?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:39:43 PM »
houstonclayfan
  Favorite song
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 10:43:54 PM » 

My two favorites from MOAM are I Survived You and Perfect Day !  (I have been singing Perfect Day since I drove back to Dallas.  Kim - are you still singing it too ??)

Build Me Up Buttercup was my favorite from AI2 as well.

For Christmas music, Dont Save It All for Christmas Day is the BEST.  (Hint - put it on the Christmas Album, Clay)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
mancmom
  Favorite Songs
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 11:07:06 PM » 

From the album, my favorite is Measure of a Man

My favorite songs overall are Love of My Life and I Know How the River Feels.

Actually, I think any song sung by Clay is a favorite song!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »
TakenByClay
  Favorite song
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 08:48:24 PM » 

I love all of them! But my favorites are grease, solitaire, Measure of  Man, and The way!! I love so many of them!!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
kmikesch
  Favorite song
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 09:58:53 PM » 

My favorite now that I have seen him in concert is definitely I survived you, he sings it with such passion! yum

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
Her
faves
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 05:05:23 AM » 

From the album, MOAM, from AI "Somewhere Out There" with BOTW a close 2nd, from Miami concert the whole acoustic set and overall, "Solitaire" from CD.  I can't get it out of my mind.

Wishful thinking, Clay performing "Touch" : , which will probably never happen! :(

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Re: faves
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 12:57:43 PM » 

Quote from: Her
Wishful thinking, Clay performing "Touch" : , which will probably never happen! :(

He pretty much nipped that in the bud in an interview last week.   :(

However, I like it and here's why.  First of all, Mr. P likes Touch better than any song on the CD.  I think other men might like it as well.  I like it when Mr. P and I like the same things. 

Secondly, it's different from anything else on the CD, which shows versatility.  I like the tempo, and the lyrics.  And no, I don't think they are suggestive or inappropriate in any way.  This is just another love song.

Thirdly, I like the presentation.  He sounds kind of ... cool ... like yeah, I want your touch, but I'm not going to beg you or anything.   Heh.  Probably just a reflection of his disinterest in the song itself.  But hey, it works for me.

And there are other reasons too. 

Oh well, maybe someday.  I have health, happiness and HOPE.   :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »
Her
 touch
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 03:32:25 PM » 

Oh Pamela, I totally agree with you regarding Touch.  It's a shame Clay dislikes so much, but oh well, what we do?  That breathy blue gets me every time!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
cpnina
my favorites
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 09:50:11 AM » 

From the show: Solitaire is my absolute favorite, followed by Mack The Knife and Bridge Over Troubled Water.

From MOAM: Meaure of a Man, then The Way

from the tour: everything!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
lorraine
Favorite song
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 10:47:17 AM » 

ALL OF THEM.  I AM SORRY BUT THERE IS NOT ONE THAT I CAN PICK AS MY FAVORITE.  LUV THEM ALL.

LORRAINE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »
dpc for clay
  favorite song by clay
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 10:58:06 AM » 

I would have to say that from both the album and from his recent concert my favorite performances would be Perfect Day (Magnificently done - especially in concert), and Measure of a Man. I love Sugar Pie Honey Bunch from AI2 and also Somewhere Out There. I think from what my son has been able to obtain from the internet for me I also love I'M Not Supposed to Love You Anymore, and Love Of My Life, both of which are done simply and beautifully. But ever since March 16th I really can't get over how well done Solitaire is. I wasn't crazy about it when he performed it on AI 2 last year - I wasn't familiar with the song before, but now since I own the single and have watchecd Clay's performance about 100 times already from AI 3 singing it, Solitaire  is now my favorite song he does. I have to add though that if you saw The American Idol Christmas show the way that he sings Don't save it all for Christmas would have to rank right up there with all of the others. In short, I guess it might just be easier to say that each song is my favorite depending upon how I feel that particular day. Each one has a special meaning for us all , and each day hearing one or the other provokes fond memories of something else in our lives. Pick a day - pick a song !!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
Char
  Favorite song
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 11:27:55 AM » 

Let's see....favorite Clay songs....
From MOAM, has to be the title cut, although the best performance I love is the AOL Sessions performance now. I also love Perfect Day and The Way.

From the AI 2 performances, Bridge is always a favorite because of what Simon finally realized....he said that performance may have just won him the competition and in our hearts, we know that it did!

In concert- the acoustic set hands down. That is Clay at his best.

From the Demo CD....Love of My Life got me through a very trying day. My husband had just had a heart attack and was being airlifted to another hospital 2 hours away. I played that CD driving the whole way over (only enough room on the helicpoter for the patient)- all the while I was worrying about my 42 year old husband and not knowing what I was going to hear when I got there. Listening to that song, I realized that yes, he IS the love of my life and I was so glad that he really did find me. So I guess that is the song that has changed my life and helped me see things more clearly. Thank God...my husband is fine now and no permanent heart damage and we are blessed to have this time together that we do.

So not only is Clay great to listen to, he also gives much inspiration through his music.

- Char

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 07:44:35 PM »
Her
 fave
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 11:32:38 AM » 

So not only is Clay great to listen to, he also gives much inspiration through his music

Char, so TRUE!!!

Am so happy for you that all worked out well with your husband and here's wishing you healthy, better times ahead.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »
mancmom
  Favorite song
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 12:00:06 PM » 

Char

Your post was so touching. I am glad to hear the positive news about your husband. My husband is 43 and I feel the same when I listen to that song. I think Clay is amazing and equally amazing is the number lives he has touched and the friendships he has started.

My best to you and the continued improvement for your husband.

Juli

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Favorite song

gfxgfx
gfx