gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230012 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 29, 2024, 08:44:58 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 4TH, 2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 4TH, 2011  (Read 1426 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 4TH, 2011
« on: April 04, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
http://mjsbigblog.com/five-hip-american-idol-moments.htm#more-57436

Five Hip American Idol Moments

By mj On 04/03/2011

In Adam Lambert, American Idol, Brooke White, Clay Aiken, David Archuleta, Kris Allen, Sanjaya Malakar ..

Taylor Hick’s recent triumphant turn on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, joining Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon to send up the ubiquitous You Tube meme, “Friday”, got me thinking about similar appearances by past Idols that were also, hip, funny and self-referential.

Appearing in the skit was a total win for Taylor because it showcased him as a cool, funny guy, totally able to laugh at himself–pretty much the criteria I used to pick some clips.

I went through my archives and dug up 5:

David Archuleta’s recent cameo on Tosh.0, Clay Aiken’s funny guest appearance on 30 Rock, Adam Lambert and Kris Allen’s post Idol appearance on Best Week Ever, Brooke White’s parody commercial on BWE, and Sanjaya Malakar’s Top 10 appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Clay Aiken on 30 Rock

Clay Aiken joined Mary J. Blige and Elvis Costello on 30 Rock, in a cameo appearance that showed off Clay’s impressive comic timing.

Coerced into performing at Jack’s telethon for his long-lost dad, who is in need of a kidney transplant, Clay duets with new BFF Elvis Costello on the big, “We Are the World” type number, “Just Give Me A Kidney”! (My favorite moment).

Clay Aiken, Elvis Costello and Mary J. Blige need no convincing

“Just Give a Kidney”

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 4TH, 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »

Prissy

• Claymaniac
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 4TH, 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:49:41 PM »
More about the People Magazine:

Did you know that Clay Aiken was in People Magazine this week?  On the cover is a beautiful picture of Elizabeth Taylor and the magazine has a tribute to this Hollywood Icon.  However, on page 151, there is a montage of pictures of some of the former American Idol contestants.  The page also shows some number facts about the Idol stars.  It was fun to see Clay right in the middle of the page.

(Clickable)

To whom much has been given, much is required.  
God presents the opportunity;  we choose our response:  "Yes" or "No."
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.   
Be selective in your battles;  sometimes peace is better than being right.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 4TH, 2011

gfxgfx
gfx