gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 02:20:28 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT  (Read 7712 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:43:53 AM »
trish
  CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« on: March 29, 2004, 10:10:43 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
found this on the CLAYBOARD..forum.  I thought it was worth sharing:

Someone sent this to me this morning - they pulled it from Bolt:

Someone from RHT talked to Clive at Las Vegas!!!!

Well, we were a little late getting to the venue, which turned out to be a good thing because so was Clive. Clive was in the lobby with his bodyguard and I noticed he was watching the merchandise sales. Hmmmmmm, I said to my friend that's Clive Davis and she grabbed me and drug me over to him. He is such a nice man and he seemed to be thrilled with all the attention Clay Fans were bestowing upon him. All the fans were so respectful and complimentary. I could tell he was impressed with all of us that he met.

So we introduced ourselves and thanked him for Solitaire. He got a big smile and told us how Clay had originally recorded it in London, but after he heard it, he felt that it could be improved. He was so happy that we love it. He said "Clay is the rare singer that feels the lyrics and he wanted that to come through in Solitaire". We told him it did. He asked us our first reaction to hearing it. I got a little embarassed and
told him that I cried. He took me by the elbow and said "then we did a good job". What a really great Man he is. He has a presence that I will never forget.

I would say that Clive Davis was really enjoying himself last night. I also watched him off and on while Clay was on stage. He arrived to see only a couple of Kelly's songs. More people were paying attention to him when he was being shown to his seat than Kelly.

My friend and I got the feeling he was there to see CLAY! He watched Clay's entire performance and the crowd reaction to him through Clay's whole set. I must say -- Clive Davis looked very pleased.

Eta: I wanted to post because I figured you were waiting, but I want to add, that I couldn't believe that he took the time to tell us about the London recording, how he felt it could be improved. I was thinking to myself that he didn't have to say anything. He loved the positive feedback. We didn't want to monopolize all of his time, but, we talked for almost 10 minutes. WOW!

I did spend alot of time watching Clive during Clay's set. Clay really turned it up last night. He did his thing. He was on fire. His voice sounded so good!!!

Clive was right off the side of the staged seated some of the time, standing at other times. You should have seen him scan that arena. Especially when the place erupted, which was most of the time.

He really watched the audience during WDC. He got a big smile when someone yelled out "Go For It Clay"

Eta: He may have been there to see audience responses for the next possible single. I think it would have been tough to get a clear read as the audience responded to most every song with the same thunderous enthusiasm. I'm telling you Clay was so on last night.

There were some other suits there also. I imagine they were RCA execs. Don't know for sure. Clive even took pictures with some of the Clay fans. He really loved the attention.

Edited by: AngelWings0822 at: 3/29/04 9:14 pm

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:26:36 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »
karen28
CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 10:24:08 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for bringing this over, Trish.  VERY interesting reading!  I wondered how Clive reacted to Clay's concert!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »
Her
clive
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 04:59:46 AM » 

Thanks for the post Trish.  I think it's great that Clive was checking up on Clay.  I wonder how many of his artists' concerts he actually attends.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
ACcountryFan
Clive Davis
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 05:13:13 AM » 

: i have a clip of Clive Davis from 1974 on the Mac Davis Show. he's bringing out Barry Manilow for his first ever TV appearance! i haven't seen Clive in pictures or on TV in a while but i'll bet he hasn't aged one bit!? one thing many might not know about Clive is that he is a song magnet and a craftsman who builds careers for the artists he's associated with. i'll assume he was blown away by Clay's performance. Barry once said that you know Clive is excited if he smiles and shakes his head since he doesn't use much words. if he's not happy you get the Clive "stare" which is worse than words.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 08:29:51 PM »
Prissy
Clive Davis
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 05:33:41 AM » 

I am glad that Clive Davis is still  supporting Clay and attended one of his concerts.  I read somewhere that he is very fond of both Clay and Ruben.  Having seen Clay "in action," I hope Mr. Davis will realize what a treasure he has in Clay, and take the actions necessary to insure quality promoting of Clay in the future.

Prissy

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
bisi
CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 06:44:29 AM » 

Trish, thanks for bringing this over.  I had read that Clive was there, but had not had time yet to scan for details on his reactions, etc.  How could he not be impressed, both wtih Clay's performance and with the love he is showed with.  Hopefully, this will only bolster RCA's support of our superstar!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:30:50 PM »
lorraine
 CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 08:14:13 AM » 

THANK YOU TRISH.  AS I WAS READING IT I WAS GETTING SHIVERS THINKING THAT HE TOOK THE TIME OUT TO SEE CLAY AND ALSO SAW WHAT THE FANS REALLY THINK OF OUR GUY.  I DON'T THINK CLIVE EVER REALIZED WHAT HE HAD WHEN HE TOOK ON CLAY.

CLAY OWNS THE STAGE WHEN HE PERFORMS AND ALSO OWNS HIS DEDICATED FANS...............

LORRAINE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
clayfannj
CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 09:01:09 AM » 

Thank you Trish... I was really hoping someone would be able to fill us in on Clive's reaction... Fine reporting..So great that he also got to get a taste of Clay's fans and see  our caliber..   

Love to watch all of CLAY's DUCKS fall into a row!!!

You made my day!! :D  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 08:31:37 PM »
shaikeninseattle
CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 12:02:14 PM » 

Thanks so much for the Clive review. That was super. Have been dying to know what happened there. Glad that he got to speak with fans.  :D  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
bisi
CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 05:10:20 PM » 

Another post from somone at the LV concert rega Clive Davis .....

"My mom was sitting right in front of Clive and she overheard his wife saying how disappointed she was that Clay didn't sing "Solitaire". LOL. That's all I know. "

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
grammaof6
 CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 12:19:00 PM » 

WOW - GREAT POST!

I DON'T THINK CLIVE EVER REALIZED WHAT HE HAD WHEN HE TOOK ON CLAY
  :  8)

I think a truer statement has never been made. It was great he was at the concert to see Clay's fabulous performance and his crowd appeal. If the crowd noise was anything like the EXPLOSION in Chicago, how could he not be blown over?  :  :  :

Thanks for bringing this over to us.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »
lovinclay
Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 01:12:33 PM » 

I WAS AT THE LV CONCERT, AND I CAN TELL YOU HONESTLY, THAT CLAY WAS AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME THAT NIGHT!  EVERYTHING WAS JUST PERFECT, AND THE FAN REACTION WAS THUNDEROUS!  CLIVE WITNESSED A MIRACLE!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLIVE DAVIS AT CONCERT

gfxgfx
gfx