gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 03:41:49 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Tonight ..Next Stage / Grand Prarie TX. AWESOME
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tonight ..Next Stage / Grand Prarie TX. AWESOME  (Read 15125 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Tonight ..Next Stage / Grand Prarie TX. AWESOME
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:43:20 AM »
Jaren
« on: March 20, 2004, 01:38:54 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted this also under "Backstage Passes" . If you have not read it please feel free to do so now.

I saw Clay tonight.It was the most incredible experience I've had in many years! He was awesome! He has a golden voice that compares to no other. From the time he inters the arena until he leaves he totally commands the place.

For a few hours tonight instead of being 63  I was 25 again! All this with the blessing of my husband of 48 years! He's quite a guy also!

My friend that won the tickets and I had to be there (Grand Prarie,TX) by 4:15 PM. We live in Ft.Worth and are off on Friday afternoon so that was not a problem. The PR people let us (about 20-25 people) in first. They gave us badges to wear,passed out 8x10 glossy pictures to have autographed. (We had just run over and bought pictures and
programs).

Next  we went down stairs, and into a room for Clay and Kelly to sign autographs. One of the tour people told us what to expect,and to not talk to either of them while they were signing. Of course when It came time for Clay to sign mine without thinking I said Hi how are you? he said Great how are you. I thought about what the BIG guy had said about not talking to them, and I turned to him and said"Oh,Im sorry I forgot". He said that's ok. Clay signed mine to: "my name" All my love, Clay. Kelly signs To: (name) You rock, Love Kelly Clarkson.( My friend and I kept letting people go in front of us so we could stay in the room longer).

We had to wait in the hall again again, they put us back in a room a few at a time to have pictures made with Kelly and Clay. There were 5 in our group, my friend was on one side of Clay, and I on the other. I think Kelley was on my right side, but I don't remember. They made our pictures with our cameras. From there we went in to the auditorium. The free seats were excellent ones, just a few rows back from the stage.My friend took our original tickets which were really good also , to the very top row of seats and gave them to a lady and child so they could move down and see better. (She had tried to give them to people at work, and no one else could go.)

If the tour is comong to your town listen to the radio, and call when they say to call..You never know. Also, if you don't have tickets, keep trying. This afternoon there were quite a few people that just walked up to the window and bought them .

I have said it before and I'll say it again Clay is going to be bigger than Elvis! We have been waiting  a long time for someone like him to come along. I went to Elvis's concerts every time he was in the Fort Worth/Dallas area and none of them compared to this.

I love Clay Aiken for the 2 Voices that he has. # 1 The voice of an Angel, the beautiful one I heard tonight.  # 2 "The Voice" that he has for the many children with developmental disabilities. He is definitely an awesome young man!

I will remember this night for the rest of my life!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:27:32 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Tonight ..Next Stage / Grand Prarie TX. AWESOME
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »
tessie
  Tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:05:21 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaren,

Thanks so much for posting that.  I am so glad that you had such a good time and were able to be so close to Clay and Kelly.  What good memories for you to have.          Tessie  (Carol)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
cassms
  Clay in TX
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 06:27:19 AM » 

First thing this morning had to check to see if anyone had posted about the concert last night--thanks, Jaren!  So glad it was a wonderful time--and I cannot even imagine what a thrill it must have been to meet Clay!  One thing I'm curious about, though--any idea why they tell you not to talk to them?  Is it to save their voices? In any case, I know you'll keep that memory close to your heart forever!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »
lorraine
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 06:38:18 AM » 

Thank you Jaren.  It is 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and I just couldn't wait to get online to see if any messages were there from last nights concert.  What a thrill it must have been meeting Clay.  I don't think I would have wanted to leave the room.  They would have had to drag me out of there.  You are right.  I am 53 years old and of course remember Elvis but our Clay has touched me in a way that I can't explain and he will be even bigger than Elvis.  I am glad to hear his voice was amazing and after hearing him on AI3, there is no doubt.  Seeing him only a few weeks ago seems like a lifetime and I want more.
Memories will have to be enough right now.  Until then.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:30:09 PM »
Sasha
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 07:24:09 AM » 

Jaren,
      Thanks for the update glad you got meet Clay, I'm sure you will never forget your experience.  I'm with Lorraine it feel like ages ago since I saw him in Worcester but at least we have our memories and our new cd of  Solitaire.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 08:42:24 AM » 

Good morning Jaren,

All I can say, is I wish I lived in Texas and I wish I was your friend.  I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To meet Clay would be the ultimate wish of a lifetime.
Your review of that meeting just gave me the chills, like I was right there with you.  He is such a love!!  Now, to wait for the actual concert review.
I bet it will be a fantastic one, even if they are in Kelly territory.

Linda in CT

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
maddiegirl
  Texas Concert
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 08:44:38 AM » 

Hey Jaren - I'm just curious how many of the fans were Clay's. I went to the Columbus concert and the crowd was about 95% Clay's.  I'm just curious if the Texas concert was different since it is closer to Kelly's hometown????

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
ANGELA
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 09:53:15 AM » 

Hi Jaren,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this---you were so lucky to get to see him---I am sure that is something you will always treasure in your heart.

Jaren, I especially loved what you said about Clay's 2 voice, so true.  WHAT A BEAUTIFUL QUOTE:

I love Clay Aiken for the 2 Voices that he has. # 1 The voice of an Angel, the beautiful one I heard tonight. # 2 "The Voice" that he has for the many children with developmental disabilities. He is definitely an awesome young man!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful night,

ANGELA

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:37:53 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
dudley5
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 11:03:15 AM » 

GOOD CLAY MORNING ALL - DUDLEY IS LIKE TERRY - I CAN'T TALK = I HAVE NO VOICE - HUBBY JUST LOOKS AT ME  SAYS I THINK YOUR ADOLENCE HAS APPEARED  - I DEFINITLY HAVE A CLAY HANGOVER THIS A.M. - ONLY SLEPT ABOUT 5 HOURS AFTER A 19 HOUR DAY YESTERDAY - 

ALL I CAN SAY FOR NOW = IS YES, HE ROCKED THE HOUSE - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER - THOUGHT ABOUT FLYING TO ST LOUIS THIS A.M. SINCE I'M FROM MISSOURI - COULD SAY I AM GOING TO SEE PARENTS   - IT IS SO TRUE, WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF OMC - HE SANG SO GOOD LAST NIGHT - MENTIONED HIS VIDEO AND HOW AFTER JUST A FEW DAYS WE GOT IT TO #1 - TALKED TO SOMEONE IN N.Y. ON THE CELL PHONE - SOMEONE GAVE HIM A WEIRD PAIR OF FRILLY PINK PANTIES - HE SAID THOSE WERE THE STRANGEST PANTIES HE HAD EVER SEEN AND THEN GAVE THEM BACK TO THE GIRL   TALKED ABOUT BEING ON AI THE OTHER NIGHT - DID WDC AND SHOOK THOSE HIPS - OH YEA - SORRY I'M NOT BEING VERY GOOD AT THIS THIS A.M. HOPEFULLY MISSY AND TERRY AND GIVE YOU A MORE BLOW BY BLOW ACCOUNT THIS P.M. - I'M JUST SO FOGGY AND TIRED RIGHT NOW I'M HAVING TROUBLE CONCENTRATING - HOWEVER I DO HAVE TO SAY I AM SO PROUD OF MY SON - HE LISTENED TO MOAM CD FOR 4 HR DRIVE TO DALLAS AND THE 4 HOUR DRIVE BACK HOME - HE TALKED TO A GIRL FRIEND MOST OF THE WAY HOME LAST NIGHT ON HIS CELL AND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE HE WOULD SAY - OK, NOW I HAVE HEARD MOAM C 5 TIMES AND HERE IT STARTS AGAIN - BUT THAT'S OK AS LONG AS IT KEEPS MOM AWAKE AND SHE GETS US HOME 

GOTTA GO NOW AND SEE IF I CAN GET SOMETHING DONE HERE  HOPE I MADE SOME SENSE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »
lorraine
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 11:38:26 AM » 

Thank you Dudley5 for that wonderful review.  I was just getting excited reading it and oh yes I said they same thing "Is it all over."  That is why everytime there is a concert we check online to see someone elses review and it brings us back to ours.  I can't go more than a few hours to check in and see what is going on with our Clay.  My only contact again until I can see him again hopefully in Pennsylvania.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
JoAnn
  Grand Praire Concert
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 12:04:19 PM » 

I went to the concert in GRand Praire and LOVED CLAY!  This is the second time that I have been able to see him and he just keeps getting better and better. His personality just shines while he is on stage. 
  I am also one of the older fans but felt like a teenager the entire time.
 Did anyone see him slip and fall as he was walking backwards at the end of his and Kelly's duet?  He just came up and smiled and kept  us loving him.  Can't wait to be able to see him again.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »
Sue
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 03:09:51 PM » 

I'm in St. Louis and going to the concert.  I can't wait!  I haven't heard MOAM for 2 weeks.  I wanted to miss the songs and be excited when I hear them again tomorrow night.

I'm curious.  Did Clay sing first or second in Grand Prairie?  I hear he and Kelly alternate so I want to know what to expect.  I'll give you guys a review after the STL performance

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 03:46:12 PM »
dudley5
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 03:45:53 PM » 

WELL I HAVEN'T COME BACK TO EARTH YET BUT THOUGHT I WOULD TRY TO ADD A FEW MORE TIDBITS AS MY MIND CAN COME UP WITH THEM -

SOME GIRL UP FRONT BY THE CATWALK HAD A CAMERA - SHE SAID SOMETHING TO HIM AND HE REACHED DOWN AND GOT A CAMERA FROM HER AND SAID - OH YOU WANT ME TO HAVE YOUR CAMERA = WHATEVER SHE SAID HE SAID OK SO YOU WANT A PICTURE WITH ME - THE THEN PROCEEDED TO ALMOST LAY DOWN ON THE CATWALK SO HIS HEAD AND FACE WERE EVEN WITH HERS AND HE HELD THE CAMERA UP IN FRONT OF THEM AND SNAPPED A PICTURE - SO COOL THAT MAN IS -

THEN HE DID THE - GOT A FROG IN MY THROAT AFTER ONE SONG AND WENT BACK BY THE BAND AND GOT A BOTTLE OF WATER - ME THINKS THIS IS PLANNED AT EVERY EVENT - ANYWAY HE TOOK A FEW DRINKS TALKED ALITTLE TOOK A FEW MORE DRINKS AND THEN SAID TO ONE OF THE GIRLS UP FRONT - OH SO YOU WANT THIS - I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT IT FOR - OK THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT BUT I HAD BETTER NOT SEE IT ON EBAY AND THEN HE GAVE IT TO HER AND LAUGHED -

AND YES, AFTER THE FINAL SONG HE AND KELLEY DID WHEN THEY WERE ON SEPARATE SIDES OF THE STAGE - CLAY WAS IN FRONT OF ME - HE STEPPED BACK BEHIND SOME SMALL SPEAKERS AND APPARENTLY TRIPPED ON SOME LINES OR SOMETHING AND FELL KINDA SIDEWAYS - HE WENT DOWN BEHIND THE SPEAKERS AND THEN JUMPED BACK UP - RAISED HIS ARMS IN THE AIR LAUGHING - LIKE YEA I FELL - THEN HE SAID - LET'S GET OUTTA HERE AND THEY EACH LEFT THE STAGE - I FELT SO BAD FOR HIM WHEN THAT HAPPENED BUT WITH HIS WONDERFUL PERSONALITY HE HANDLED IT LIKE A PRO-

ONE THING I CAN SAY IS THOSE OF YOU WHO GET TO GO SEE HIM MORE THAN ONE TIME ARE SO LUCKY BECAUSE WHEN YOU SEE HIM IN PERSON THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE IN SUCH AWH THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN IT IS OVER AND IT'S LIKE - WAIT - I NEED TO RE-LIVE THIS AGAIN - IT'S LIKE WHEN HE CAME IN AT FIRST - I SAW JEROME COME THRU THE DOOR TO MY LEFT JUST DOWN FROM ME AND I JUST KNEW CLAY WAS GOING TO COME THRU THERE BUT WHEN HE DID AND THE LIGHTS WENT ON HIM AND HE WAS SINGING AND LOOKING INTO OUR FACES AND WE WERE SO CLOSE YOU JUST KINDA GO INTO A TRANCE LIKE I CAN'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE I AM HERE STAREING INTO THAT WONDERFUL FACE - AND NOW ALL DAY LONG EVERYTIME I LAY DOWN TO REST WHICH I AM DOING ALOT OF AS SOON AS I CLOSE MY EYES ALL I CAN SEE IS HIS FACE AND GO THRU THE ENTIRE HOUR WITH HIM - HELP - I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL EVER COME OUT OF THIS AND EVEN BEGIN TO BE HALF NORMAL -

I THINK MY SON PUT IT RIGHT LAST NIGHT WHEN WE WERE DRIVING HOME = HE SAID THAT CLAY HAD SOME HOW PUT A SPELL ON ALL OF US AND HAS MADE HIS CLAYNATION AND IT WAS JUST GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER - OH HOW TRUE THAT IS - 

I'LL GO LAY DOWN NOW AND COME BACK AGAIN IN ALITTLE WHILE WHEN I CAN GET BACK SOME MORE BRAIN POWER

CLAY SANG FIRST AS IT WAS KELLEYS HOMETOWN AND HE WORE THE BLUE SHIRT AND TIE  :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »
Clayton Clayniac
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 09:39:06 PM » 

Awesome!!  Thank you so much, Jaren and Dudley, for sharing your concert experiences and helping us to relive our own concert memories!  Sounds like you all had quite a night!  It's an experience like no other!  Those of you who still have concerts to look forward to are SOOOO LUCKY!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »
LiftClayUp
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 10:09:00 PM » 

Hi - I just got home.  It has been a wonderrful two days.  By the way I live in Dallas.  It started about 2 pm yesterday when I started gathering up my group to go to the preconcert party at a restaurant call Mercado Juarez in Arlington.  There were about two hundred of Clay's finest  from NC, Ark, La, MN, MO, and TX at this party.   There may have been more states represented that I didn't  know about.  I met Blown Away, Houstonclayfan, Dudley, Leveland and her daughter Kim.  There were probably more Claymaniacs but that is all that I met. Kim was sort of a Clay fan before but she is now 100% Clayverted.   Leveland has done a really good job with her and Clay did the rest. My friend Sue has been 100% Clayverted also and she is going to buy MOAM.  To see him is to love him.  Many thanks to Jodie from Texas Clay fans for arranging the party.  The banner arrived there and we all signed it.

While at the party tickets were changing hands like mad.  I had ceiling tickets.  While at the party I met this lady from St. Louis and she gave me four tickets at Kings Row which is a row by itself on the edge of the balcony so when it was time for Clay to enter I hung over the balcony looking for him.  And he entered---------------it's a wonder I didn't fall over the edge.  Blown away was able to buy a better ticket downstairs at the party and she was within feet of him. 

On one song, don't remember which one, he and the backup singers were on the platform singing and dancing.  Clay was at one end and they were at the other.  As the song proceeded Clay worked his way over to them and they were dancing.  Clay proceeded to go by them and he stopped at the end, by Angela (I think).  He proceeded to dance with them.  He was dancing the same steps they were, just like a pro.  All of a sudden he and Angela realized what he had done and they both cracked up.   He went about 1/4 of the way down the stairs before he could start singing again.

His voice was fantastic.  He got a frog in his throat during one song and my heart sank.  I thought that the rest had not done him any good.  He drank some water and the voice was perfect for the next song.  Some one in the audience offered him $20 for the bottle and he refused.    Later he gave them the bottle and told them not to put it on ebay.

Later he did the cell phone thing.  The person on the other end did not know he was talking to them and when she realized, she was from NY, she must have said OMG, OMG OMG, because he spoke in a fake high pitched voice, "OMG, OMG, OMG" and began to do the woman thing  by fanning his face with his finger tips. It was priceless.

When Doves Cry was to cry for.  I was told, and I am not familiar with PRINCE, that was the best version my friend had ever heard.  Not only does he own Solitaire he owns When Doves Cry.  I would pay the price of another ticket to hear him sing it again.

His portion of the concert ended much to soon.  Kelly did a really good job but she still has not mastered the showmanship she needs.  She is learning a lot from Clay but still has a way to go.  Because it was her home turf and her friends were there, she put on a fairly lively concert.  However, she doesn't compare with Clay and my daughter and granddaughter both stated that Clay was the star, both are Kelly fans.  When I left my granddaughter this afternoon, she had been playing MOAM for hours.  After seeing him how could she resist.

Clay only tripped on the stage once during his performance.  I think that happens because he wears shoes that are toooooo big.  I have notice that he stubbs his shoe and staggers at least once per performance.  But because of that I love him even more.

Tamara was there to do a duet with Kelly.  It was wonderful and I gave them a standing ovation.  Tamara looks anorexic.  Kelly sings too close to the mic and I couldn't understand the words alot of the time but her performance was good and she got the well deserved applause.  She started singing the duet with Clay and when Clay sang just a few words and came out the roar was deafening.  I almost cried.  I couldn't afford to cry because I was using binoculars.    He and Kelly faced each other toward the end of the duet and they were both smiling, big time.  He hugged her and started backing off the stage, tripped on something and landed on his rump.  He got up laughing and bowed.  The crowed loved his humor.  As I said it was over much too soon.

We started for my van and my daughter, granddaughter and I decided to go around to see if we could see the bus.  We found a huge crowd at the fence.  Well I had to go and let the other two know where we were and let them in the vehicle and while I was gone Clay walked the fence touching and thanking everyone.  I get misty just thinking about how appreciative he is.  I was told he had on a jacket and his PJ's.  He had thanked us before during the concert and thanked us for getting "The Way" to the number one spot.  I did get to see Jacob at the fence before, like a dummy, I left the fence. 

There was a woman there, from Houston, whom had forgone two chemo treatments so she would feel well enough to make this concert.  She was by the fence.  I think she got to see him,  However, I wish Clay had known because he would have made time for her.

They are traveling with four buses.  The equipment semi headed toward Dallas and someone from Houston told me that two of the busses headed toward Dallas and two toward Ft. Worth.

This morning I headed to Amerisuites to have breakfast with Blownaway, Houstonclayfan, Leveland and Kim.  They are just great and it was a real pleasure to meet them.  Blowaway was the last to leave and Leveland had called back and told us of the newpaper reviews so we stopped at the first convience store.  There were two Ft. Worth Star Telegrams and one Dallas Morning News.  I let Blownaway have the Dallas paper and I picked up one later. 

At the convience store we met up with two ladies from Minnesota.  We showed them the papers.  There was also a car with Kelly written all over the windows and I spoke to them and stated what a geat concert and how good both performers were.  They agreed.  They were all trying to figure out how to get to Burleson, Kelly's home town.  I told them I was headed that way and to follow me.  I thought my daughter knew where Kelly lived so I called her.  She didn't know but pointed us to the Burleson Pizza something.  I knew where that was so I took them.  They thanked me profusely in advance and I told them that was what Clay fans did.  They followed me for about 45 minutes.  When we got to the Pizza place, this is where Burleson people met to cheer Kelly on in AI1,  the young lady from Ponca City, Oklahoma went in and one of the MN fans followed.  They were in there about 10 min when the Ponca City girl came out and showed us what the manager gave her.  It is a plastic oval on some sort of cord with Kelly etched on the back.  When you connect it up in a certain way it glows blue.  Needless to say I am getting my daughter to go back and see where we can order these with Clay etched on them and glowing red. I later went into a dark room and this illuminates brightly in the dark.
Anyway the OK girls were thrilled and when I left them they were headed off to see if they could find the apartments that Kelly had lived in while she was there.  One of the two Minnesota people was a Clay fan.  Talk about a mixed group.  The two Minnesota people were doing a bus thing, they had to take their rental car back to DFW airport, and their bus (Greyhound I believe) was leaving at Six for St. Louis.  They are also going to Chicago, Omaha, and then St. Lake City.  I told them I hated them and they laughed.  They were at the preconcert party and the Clay fan had on a Bubel-Aiken shirt. She is black and if you run across her give her a hug for me and tell her to give Clay all the love that I felt (and everyone else) for him at Next Stage (Nokia Live).  Texas loves him.

I had my post concert depression this morning on my way to Amerisuites and cried when listening to The Way so I had to put something else in my CD player.  Didn't make any difference.  I still cried.

There is no doubt Clay is the happiest when he is on the stage performing.  You can see it in his face.  He told us "The Way" is what he feels for us.  Now doesn't that make you misty? (As I brush the tears from my eyes). 

GOD knows how much we love you Clay and I Hope and Pray that you do too

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Tonight ..Next Stage / Grand Prarie TX. AWESOME

gfxgfx
gfx