gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229943 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 24, 2024, 08:41:52 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK March 8, 2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK March 8, 2011  (Read 1592 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK March 8, 2011
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:28:44 AM »
Somewhat OT...I was a bit amused by this...thought you might be as well:

Nigel Lythgoe lashes out at 'American Idol' fans calling them 'morons'

"American Idol" plans to pre-tape one more week of episodes as the contestants head forward, but Nigel Lythgoe and the series is dealing with negative fan response at that move. The series, which airs on Channel 10 in Tempe, is well into the season and the top 13 for this season have been chosen.

Why the pre-taping of performance episodes? Nigel Lythgoe explained the need for it via his Twitter on Sunday. He said the following, according to Rickey.org:

"There is a load of crap being discussed all the contestants sing ‘live.’ The show has always been recorded to the West Coast. We are pre-taping for 2 weeks as we have a new Director & new judges. It has nothing to do with manipulation you morons."

This set "American Idol" fans buzzing, and Nigel Lythgoe had to once again tweet and talk to the fans to explain his comments:

"I love you all getting riled up. The Tweet was directed at the MORONS who said we are pre-taping to manipulate the show. Not the TRUE fans!"

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-phoenix/nigel-lythgoe-lashes-out-at-american-idol-fans-calling-them-morons#ixzz1G0DEohgK
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK March 8, 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

Clay Aiken on new album, MAC, 'Idol' changes and future plans

By Mandy Zajac, Tribune Ahwatukee Foothills News

Just as a new season of “American Idol” cranks into high gear, one of the show’s most memorable alumni is headed for Mesa.

Clay Aiken, Season Two runner-up, has a new album out. Called “Tried and True,” it’s comprised of ’50s and ’60s songs such as Frankie Valli’s “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You,” Conway Twitty’s “It’s Only Make Believe” and “Moon River” — a song Aiken always wanted to sing during his stint on “Idol.”

On the phone from a tour stop in Greenville, S.C., the singer chats for a few.

Q: Some are saying this is the album Clay Aiken was MEANT to make. How have these songs felt different for you as compared to your previous work?

A: This was an album I wanted to make for years and hadn’t been in the position (to make). In any job, it takes a while to get your footing, and it took awhile to get enough clout to be able to make this album. These are songs I was singing long before “Idol.” I grew up with these songs. They’re the ones my mom listened to in the house and that I always sang, thanks to her. So if people think it sounds better, it’s probably because I’m in my wheel house, so to speak.

Q: Were you nervous about changing up standards that people know by heart?

A: We wanted to take these songs and assume they’d been sung by a different person in that era, not by someone in 2011. We didn’t depart too much from the originals in that sense. We kept them pretty close to the mood of the era. It was a little difficult to pick the songs simply because there are so many. But I just kind of took them in the shower and sang them, and the ones that fit on me, like trying on clothes, we kept.

Q: How will a more intimate space, like the theater in Mesa, affect your show?

A: I like interacting with the audience quite a bit. One of the best shows we’ve done on this tour was in a really small venue in Baltimore, and that fit really well with these songs. They’re ballads, snuggle-up-next-to-the-person-you’re-with type ballads.

Q: What do you think of the new judges on “American Idol”?

A: I haven’t seen “American Idol” since Carrie Underwood. I say to people a lot, I went to high school, and if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I thank all of my teachers and the people who helped me, and without my education I wouldn’t be where I am today. But I don’t go back to the football games.

Q: What’s next?

A: I have a few irons in the fire. I went on tour with Ruben (Studdard) last year, and it was one of my favorites to date. I like performing live, and I enjoy that more than I do going into the studio. I’ve been fortunate the last couple of years to be able to tour without needing an album. If I can continue to do that and just put an album out when I need to, that’s alright by me.
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK March 8, 2011

gfxgfx
gfx