gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:25:40 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011  (Read 34156 times)

Petjen

• Admirer
Re: WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »

He wrapped his leg around the microphone stand during burlesque and shimmied down.... "

Whoa!

Where's the "thud" emoticon when you need it?  
~Jennie~

Music produces feelings that need no translation.

Will always and forever be apart of the "Cult".

Petjen

• Admirer
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
"he said ...."We'll see you next time"

I hope "next time" is soon!   

Hi Jennie!

TIFFANY - Thank you for tonight's cellcert.  I'm shutting down for tonight.  You did a GREAT job!!

I'll stop in for the Minnesota concert tomorrow night!  ;)

Hello there.  Sorry I don't know your name.   :-\
~Jennie~

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2011, 11:36:08 PM »
You are welcome Barb and thanks for keeping me company tonight. Great concert. CAn't wait for the clack!

WElcome Jennie. I know. Me too. If only we could get a job with him. ;)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
"After the Katy Perry song he slid his hands down his jeans and wiggled a bit - "I guess just like the lyrics in the song!

I'll let you put your hands on me in your skin tight jeans.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »
We losted the smileys. Miss it too. :(

Petjen

• Admirer
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »
We losted the smileys. Miss it too. :(

I know.  That's the one thing I miss about the old site.  
~Jennie~

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »
Same here.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
I asked if there was a song he did before In My Life. I guess it was just UM before that.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »
MN's concert tomorrow will be an hour behind like tonight's. Had to google.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2011, 11:54:15 PM »
I'll be in and out for at least an another hour if I see anything else posted. Can't wait to see the clack of this concert. Sounded like a funny and sweet show.

Thanks for coming Barb and Jennie. See you tomorrow.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:06 PM »
I was listening to the CV stream and following along. He sang Unchained Melody talked a bit, which was quick. Didn't do the cellphone banter and went right into In My Life and then it was over.

Petjen

• Admirer
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2011, 12:23:10 AM »
Tiffany, (I know you're probably in bed) but what is this CV stream, and where can I find it? 
~Jennie~

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2011, 12:56:57 AM »
Jennie-I don't go to CV but I think how it works is to have to be a member to go there 1st  and someone there will let people have these keys to the vault as a way to listen to the cellstream. Think it costs some money too but not sure how much. Marilyn listens to it all the time.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2011, 12:58:01 AM »
Charity M&G report.

"He had his glasses on and UMASS sweatshirt.

He was asked if he would use Twitter and FB in his downtime. And he said no. He had considered using Twitter before the start of the tour but he has no interest it. It isn't a way for him to express himself. (OK, Wacky then stop complaining about your lack of Twitter followers.)

He said he doesn't watch the video unless something funny has happened, sometimes a couple of years later he might to see what he did.

What has been his favorite "Who's Sorry Now" genre? He enjoys the fast, upbeat ones.

Christmas tour is his favorite and Jerome's but no tours for awhile because promoters look at ticket sales, etc.

He loves the theaters in the mid-west. He loves this theater and the one in Fort Wayne.

Jerome tells every venue that they have absolutely no problem with no flash photography or video but if the venue has a different policy, they don't argue with them."

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2011, 01:26:15 AM »
From Painter3.

Where do I begin? To tell the story of how great a show can be? Seriously, that was amazing, and over too quickly. The show started late, and people were beginning to clap and some (with deep voices, men in the audience, I think ) started to chant 'Clay, Clay,Clay' when the house lights went down and Clay began to sing behind the curtain. When he finished he took a step back from the microphone and smiled, looking pleased with himself. He said they could hear the chanting from behind the curtain, but added "we don't give in to terrorist demands" and decided to make us wait so "we can keep in control."
He was wearing faded jeans, the dark blue pullover and a light colored shirt with no tie. The sweater actually fits loosely on him, he looks to be in great shape. In fact, I was struck by how many times he moved mike stands and stools around on the stage. The stools looked heavy, with metal bases and padded seats, but he picked them up with one hand without any difficulty.
His voice was spot on, though he messed up a lyric to What Kind of Fool am I. After the instrumental bit, he sang 'what kind of kiss am I' and you could tell from his expression that he knew he'd messed up. He claimed that he was distracted by the black cloth on Ben's piano.
The musical styles for Who's Sorry Now were burlesque, Russian folk, Disney and New Age. He did say that tonight's audience was the most creative in their choices. Before the burlesque, he walked over to Quiana's mike stand and raised the height of it until it was above her head. Then told the audience that she'd be pole dancing for the number. Then he wrapped one leg around his mike stand and started to shimmy up and down it while he sang. The crowd loved that.
He was funny, beautiful and sounded fantastic. The audience gave great feedback and everyone on and off the stage seemed to be having a good time. I'm glad I came.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011

gfxgfx
gfx