gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229518 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:31:12 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011  (Read 34167 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2011, 01:41:55 AM »
canuck 2010

QUOTE (copingincalif @ Mar 4 2011, 10:46 PM)
Cute tweet from Felix (the drummer's ) wife

revjuju Najuma
Hubby arranged a live serenade from #ClayAiken while we danced on stage 2 our wedding song "there's something about us!" Amen

That was so precious. It was so cute when Clay said that if he'd been invited to their wedding, he would have sung it in person. At that, Felix's wife cuffed Felix on the head. it was very cute.

clay was perfection tonight. Not a note was anything but perfect, he was funny and personable and just our guy, but sitting on the stage in the same room that I was sitting. I had to pinch myself a few times to remind myself that it was real.

The "Who's Sorry Now" section was beyond hysterical, the burlesque part with both of them pole dancing and Clay shimmying down the pole, bringing the audience to the point of hysteria was unbelievable. We about died laughing and whooting.

The opening song and UM defied description in their power and beauty and Crying is show stopping. Several standing O's which were well deserved.

I am in awe of this gentle man's talent and so very grateful to have been able to witness it in real time.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2011, 01:44:22 AM »
toni7babe

Amazing concert tonight!!! So fun. Loved this one even more than Ft Wayne and I loved that one!!

The ISY banner is great, the Felix and his wife dance was so sweet and "Who's Sorry Now" Pole dancing was hysterical!!!!

Scarlett and I had a charity M&G before the concert and it was great! I recapped it on the CH cellstream and see somone typed it up and posted it at CC and it was brought over here. I will type up something in more detail when time but I am leaving for Minnesota tomorrow. It was a great M&G. I asked the question about using twitter and facebook and also about if ever watched clack after a show!

Just a wonderful night!!!! EEEEEEEE! SO FUN! And so good to see so many Cv'ers!

I have loaded alot of clack to the vault from tonight, so I am sure dancermom will get it up for you all tomorrow. Scarlett got the pole dancing, I did not....I did get ISY and Felix and his wife dancing to Something About Us and alot more.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
Thanks Marilyn.

The You Tubes of Clay Pole Dancing and doing New Age to Whose Sorry Now is up. So hilarious!!!

Petjen

• Admirer
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2011, 10:23:50 PM »
Tiffany, when you get a chance can you post the Youtube link with Clay pole dancing?  I can't seem to find it.   :-\
~Jennie~

Music produces feelings that need no translation.

Will always and forever be apart of the "Cult".

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
Ok Jennie. I will before I shut down tonight. I saw them posted on facebook and Twitter.

Petjen

• Admirer
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »
Ok Jennie. I will before I shut down tonight. I saw them posted on facebook and Twitter.

I was able to find the video.   :)
~Jennie~

Music produces feelings that need no translation.

Will always and forever be apart of the "Cult".

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2011, 12:40:38 AM »
The following Scarlett clips from the Waukegan show are now on You Tube:

Who's Sorry Now, Burlesque style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_QIO66jBAg

Who's Sorry Now, Russian Folk style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mf7lMyyv7I

Who's Sorry Now, Disney style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KTlTH6pdYU

Who's Sorry Now, New Age style: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wowzers4Clay#p/u/1/J_P72fdwxj0

IMO, funniest group of "Who's Sorry Now"'s in the tour so far.

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 12:55:05 AM »
TONI7BABE

M&G RECAP Waukegan

M&G was great. It was inside the theatre and it was Scarlett and I and the other 2 charity winners and the OFC winners. Jerome came out and talked to us and gave us the rules. We talked about camera policy with him and Jerome said they tell the venues non flash photography is ok with them but they cant control if the venue has it's own policy.

Clay came out in burgandy UMASS sweatshhirt and jeans! He had glasses on and hair was not spiked yet but looked great and was kinda fluffy, not flat. He had a card with all our names and we were suppose to be sitting in the order of our names on the card, but Scarlett and I had reversed it so he ribbed us about that and made us change seats. He then came over and shook hands with everyone and asked where everyone was from.

He signed items as we asked questions. I had him sign my BB6 Playbill and he signed Sam, Love, Clay Aiken!

We were not rushed and we got to ask several questions!!!! I asked him if he would consider using twitter or facebook during downtimes to keep in touch with us sorta like his friends Kelly and Ruben do and he said no, and repeated twitter was the devil. He said he had actually thought about doing it before the tour but now was mad at himself for even thinking about it!! He said not gonna happen. He went on about not liking it for quite a bit! He said Quiana had tried to talk him into it, but nope he wasn't going too.

I asked him if he ever watched clack after the shows, and he said no unless it was something funny he wanted to see. He said though later on he will go back and watch if he is putting a tour together and wants to see something! He said he did see a clip of something from the Charolotte show that was linked on a news site and he is never going to wear that sweater he wore in Charoltte again and laughed!

He was asked about Christmas tour if he would do another and he said he loved them the best and so did Jerome but he would not be doing one this year or any other tours for awhile as well, venues and promoters look at sales and well then sorta stopped...as if to say they are poor for this tour.

He was asked if he likes the latest electronic gadgets and he said yes and that Ben was even worse than him with having to have everything and they were excited for IPAD2 and they would be in SF and needed someone to stand in line for them when it comes out and he jokingly asked if we knew anyone to do that for them?? I said: See you could tweet and ask that? He smiled!

He was asked about which "Who's Sorry Now" from tour he has liked the best and he said he likes the fun upbeat ones!

Some questions and talk about "National Inclusion Project" but I had trouble hearing that part as those questions came from folks sitting the farthest from me.

He talked about the midweast having the most beautiful venues that he loved it in Waukegan and asked me how many times he had been there. He also loved the Ft Wayne theatre.

We then took pics and he took his glasses off for pics, no one asked him too he just did. He said goodbye to us all and said we did pretty good in handling the pics portion and didn't screw up but once. He has a set way he likes it done haha! Only one place and group has gotten it right so far!

It was great and we were not rushed!

There were more questions but I just cant think of them all right now!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 01:07:33 AM »
YAKNELLE

Nether rain nor ice nor speeding semi could keep canuck and me from the Waukegan concert. Of course we left four hours early and somehow had three to kill when we got to our destination. So what did we do? We found the only restaurant that seemed to be open and had a quick dinner. Then we got in the car and called gareem and talked to her for almost an hour. Finally it was 45 minutes until show time. With my umbrella turned inside out we ran to the Genesee theatre.

The pit was filled with the regulars. I mean honest to God, we knew almost everyone. The Roman army had camp followers and Clay has us.

Clay Aiken has reached a wonderful level of being comfortable. His charming and quick demeanor surround his magnificent voice. I keep describing his voice to canuck as piercing. It enters your body and travels to your bones. I actually find myself not breathing and just feeling the sensation of his voice traveling through me.

"Where do I begin....." Good God !

The lyrics in Impossible, "Could I hold you closer to me and not feel
you going through me?" best describe the feeling of his voice to me.

Damn the man is funny and of course he knows it and controls it. He throws barbs out to the audience but it's his facial antics that makes it funny. He rolls his eyes. He drops his head. He pauses and zing, bang boom he connects. The audience roars. Quiana is the perfect foil and she gives him the grief we wish we could. She is his accomplice.

Clay adores Quiana, and no place does it show as much as when they sing "Crying." The wailing of their voices mingle and the sound is other-worldly. This is their masterpiece together.

The sensuality of "Unchained Melody" overwhelms me. He sings it with his entire body. He forces the notes, the lyrics and the emotions through his body and soul and out of his lips. I don't think I listen to this song as much as my total being is enwrapped by it. I feel it like a waves hitting the shore. Over and over the sound hits me until I finally soar out of my body with that amazing note. A tour de force or is it a force of nature?

The songs and antics fly by and I find my self wanting to slow the man down. Talk a little longer, sing another song. ...and another. Please don't stop.

But he does...

"In my life I love you more."

...and then I breathe.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 01:27:21 AM »
AIKIM

A different Perspective

I had made plans to attend the Waukegan Show and like many purchased my ticket through the OFC...Row G and I thought not bad..wish it had been closer, but I never seem to get lucky getting those primo seats so I was happy I was as close as I was. Last week I got a note from Ldyjocelyn whom I was attending with and she asked if I wanted to upgrade to Row B Pit seats...didn't take more than a nano second to say "Yes"!

I knew we were going to be close, but I was unprepared for exactly how close we were until we sat down; literally 5 feet from the stage! I think I must have said "OMG, I can't believe how close we are" 15 times. So while were waiting I chatted with the lady next to me who turned out to be alisfan and met some CH'ers who were in the row ahead of us. I have never been so antsy in my life for a show to start..I was bouncing my seat and of course we started late.

Finally the lights went down; the overture began and soon Clay was going to be right in front of me! The curtains parted and there he was...I think the fog pretty much descended at that moment, because for the rest of the show I just watched him. He sang beautifully as always...but he favored the side of the stage we were on and pretty much was directly in front of us every time he sat down. I just sat there with my mouth open just watching him..his facial expressions, the way he handled the mic, the way he sat..taking in every moment as he crafted each song. And it is a craft..he doesn't just sing a song...it is a concerto with his whole body..I was mesmerized.

My favorite song on the whole CD is "What Kind of Fool Am I" and he sang that right in front of me...I was in hog heaven, swaying and mouthing the words along with him. That will probably be my favorite moment in my whole fandom...I think I pretty much tuned out everyone around us and it was just the two of us and that song.

In between the songs he was funny and chatty; striding back and forth on the stage; connecting with the audience.

I call BS on his assertion that he is not romantic...the man is totally a romantic and proved it last night with his serenade of Something About Us to Felix and his wife...the sweetest thing ever and at the end he went and gave them each a hug.

Unchained Melody...again I spent most of the time watching his hands on the mic stand and how he used his whole body to convey the sentiment of the song...he really is a master at that...he really becomes the song...he just doesn't sing it.

In My Life was like a sweet lullaby to end the show..heartfelt and tender and when he got up, put the mic on the chair, said "goodnight" (off mic) and turned and left...it was perfect. The spotlight stayed on the chair with mic for a bit and we sort of hoped he would come back, but knew he would not.

The set was shortened, possibly because it began late and they had time constrictions...no Both Side Now...he did not do Breaking Up Is Hard To Do or You Don't Have to say you love me...but we got other things:

Something About Us and The Dance

Trying to remember I Survived You

Who's Sorry Now..he said we were the most creative and I think we were. I think it is my voice you here in the video shouting out Burlesque...I was so tickled that he did it...my first choice was actually Gregorian Chant but that had been taken...so in trying to come up with something that hadn't been done...I thought of Burlesque...now if only he had taken his sweater off, LOL!

It was a wonderful evening...small crowd so it was truly intimate...and for me, probably being the last time I see Clay for a while...an absolute high note.

So thank you Clay for giving me a night I will remember for a long time.

Kim

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM »
The following additional Scarlett clips from Waukegan were uploaded to my You Tube channel last night and this morning:

Jazzy Medley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4br8OjjxZ_Q

"Something About Us" with Felix & wife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBmLzz55PSk

UM (best of tour, IMO): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqeqhi3Ow_s

"Something About Us" & UM, Waukegan have also been uploaded to Scarlett's channel: http://youtube.com/gingerscarlett.

Other Scarlett clips from Waukegan at Scarlett's channel are:

Crying: http://www.youtube.com/user/gingerscarlett#p/u/3/Kma2nGLfyRg

Where Do I Begin: http://www.youtube.com/user/gingerscarlett#p/u/1/MrlK7U0Zptw

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
dhl777

My M&G in Waukegan was great. Clay came out and sat on the stage and talked to us for a few minutes, and then came down to shake our hands and ask where we were from. I said from the state of the Super Bowl champs. His reply, "I have no idea who that is." When he is watching CNN, I guess he turns down the volume when the sports is on..lol!

He looked really nice and trim. His hair was not spiked yet, and he had some cool glasses on.

My 1st question was if he was into all the latest electronic gizmos. He said oh yes, just ask Mary, but that he wasn't as bad as Ben. He was waiting for the new ipad2 to come out this Fri when they were in SF.

My 2nd question was about forgetting the lyrics during the show, and about what percentage. He then mentioned that during the show. So glad I could provide him with some material for the show..ha!

He gave us the instructions for lining up for our pictures. At that time he said only Cincinnati M&G had done it correctly. Well he told us our group did it wrong too, so Cincy was still the only one.

Hoping to get the picture soon, and that my eyes were open.

On to MN, where I was in the musical chairs row next to Jaysue. I had heard from someone that some thought that I refused to move. So not true. It is true that I was really focused(no pun intended) on shooting video and was not expecting to be asked to move, and never heard that we were to move, and neither did Sue. Clack is most important of course!! The usher really did not do a good job of letting the whole row know, so I am sorry for people, including myself where our clack was lost for that song.

goldarngirl has my videos to put up sooon! I apologize in advance for any shaky video, I will just blame it on the ushers!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  WAUKEGAN, IL GENESEE THEATER 03/04/2011

gfxgfx
gfx