gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229516 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 08:55:03 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY ANNOUNCES TRIPLE PLATINUM IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLAY ANNOUNCES TRIPLE PLATINUM IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5  (Read 6251 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
CLAY ANNOUNCES TRIPLE PLATINUM IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:42:49 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY ANNOUNCES TRIPLE PLATINUM IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5
« on: March 05, 2004, 09:01:21 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clay announced at the Washington DC concert tonight that MoaM has now
shipped

TRIPLE PLATINUM!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Oh, and by all accounts Clay sounded fabulous tonight!  He didn't speak much during the show and he didn't speak at all during the pre concert meet and greet.  He used sign language.   :

Some of the songs were switched up a little bit and again the backup singers helped him out on some of the high notes.  But everyone I've seen posting tonight says he sounded GREAT and was in very good spirits.  I suppose he's pretty happy about the triple platinum news... 8)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:43:52 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLAY ANNOUNCES TRIPLE PLATINUM IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »
gcramsey
  Congrats!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 09:36:48 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It really is good to hear that he is taking care of himself. With a little over a month to go, I hope he holds out!

If you read this Clay, My thoughts and prayers are with you!

And remember, drink lots of water! Chicken soup helps too.

Later,

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 10:13:40 PM » 

Pamela,

Does that mean that they aren't all sold yet if they are shipped?  The figures don't show sales for that much yet.  On another message on our site someone said that Clay said the MOAM went platinum today, which sounds like he sold that amount.   Do you know the difference of going platinum and shipped platinum, or do they mean the same?  Don't you love the challenges I give you.

Thanks,
Linda

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »
shaikeninseattle
CLAY IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 02:07:59 AM » 

Since Clay had already sold well over 2 million, (double platinum) then I would guess that the "shipped" would mean that  they had ordered enough more to call it triple platinum now.  8)  8)  8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
shaikeninseattle
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 02:11:19 AM » 

Pamela - Thank you so much for reporting on the concert tonight. I was just about worried sick all evening after reading that he had completely lost his voice this morning.  I went to a dance tonight and couldn't wait to get home and get here to find out how he was.  Thank you so much. Maybe I can sleep now!!!  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »
quynn
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 10:46:43 AM » 

Just wanted to reassure everyone that Clay sounded fantastic at the D.C. concert.  With the exception of eliminating one or two glory notes, I didn't notice many songs being switched up.  His singing voice was very powerful and clear.  His speaking voice did seem to become a little bit more high pitched throughout the evening.  (Like when you have a sore throat).  And, when he sang "When You Say You Love Me" I thought he sounded just a little bit nasaly (spelling?). 

Clay tricked everyone and entered the arena through the seats about half-way up in one of the side sections near the front of the stage.  Of course everyone was looking for him to come in from the back.  Jerome was leading him down the steps to the stage as he was singing Kyrie.  His voice sounded powerful and amazing and the crowd cheered and stood on their feet.  I was so relieved to hear that first powerful note come out of his mouth, since I was so worried about his voice after reading the numerous threads on this topic.  I met a lady on the train on the way home who was sitting in those seats and she said she was in arms length of him.

Clay was happy, vibrant, vivacious and interacted with the crowd.  After singing "Perfect Day", he announced how perfect a day it was, because he had just been told that "Measure of a Man" had just gone triple platinum.  (In answer to some of your questions regarding it being shipped vs sold triple, I don't believe Clay clarified that.  But it seems it would have to be "shipped" at this point based on the latest sales figures). Clay seemed so proud of this and told the fans it was all because of "you".

When he sang "WDC", for some reason, near the beginning of the song, he started cracking up and had to stop singing for a couple of seconds.  He was interacting with the backup singers about something.  It was funny and very "Clay-like".  If anyone who was there could see what was going on, please post here.  I'm dying to know.  (I couldn't see so much of the concert due to some sign holders and view blockers beside me...which is a completely other topic which I must take over to the "Soap Box Thread").....GRRRRRRRR..#%$&^$#*&$#*&@@! :x  :x

He did go down to one of the front rows and sang to a lady.  He hugged her and swayed back and forth with her in his arms.  (I guess it was almost like he was dancing with her).  She actually put her head on his shoulder.....lucky woman!  I can't even remember what song he was singing. 

He wore the "Charlotte" outfit of gray striped pants, blue shirt and blue tie, and looked FANTASTIC.  I watched most of the concert through binoculars.  Clay's cowlick was very pronounced last night.  (I'm obsessed with his cowlick. )  :oops:   And, I do believe I saw stubble (for those of you obsessed with stubble).  My daughter, who likes Clay, but is not a "Clay Fan", kept commenting on how big his feet looked when he walked up and down the steps.   :

At one point during the show he took a fan's cell phone and tried to get the person on the other end to answer.  He then started to imitate the person on the other end as a high pitched girly fan.  That was hilarious.  He does a great "girly Clay fan impression".  Guess his fans have given him quite a bit of material for that act over the past year.  :

Before he sang "The Way" he talked about how the video had premiered on TRL Thursday at #7.  He thanked the fans for that and said that was "pretty good".  He said he knew everyone would continue to vote for it and asked the crowd if they knew what number it was today.  Noone seemed to know, but I think he said something to the effect that "I'm sure it was better."  He also mentioned that he was finally able to give the fans what they have been asking for.  Said he went to England and recorded "Solitaire" and that it would be availble with "The Way" single soon.  He also mentioned that the invisible video would be included with the single. 

This is my first time to hear Clay live.  What an awsome voice.  He is just even more unbelieveable live than on CD or TV.  I expected him to be good, but I was really surprised at just HOW GOOD he really is.  This concert just left me wanting more and more. 

Well, that's about it.  Just wanted to let you all know Clay seems to be doing fine and still sounds fantastic.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »
summerstar
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 11:16:19 AM » 

HELLO, THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING YOUR REVIEW OF THE DC CONCERT I HAVE BEEN GOING NUTS THIS MORNING TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW IT WENT, I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT CLAY AND HIS VOICE, WELL HOPEFULLY HES ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY, THANKS AGAIN.....

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
lorraine
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 11:21:37 AM » 

Thank you Quynn.  After reading on the thread about his throad and how he could hardly talk in Washington, I was very upset.  Hopefully soon he will get some rest.  He really knows how to work the crowd.  What an Entertainer!  Can't wait to see him on Monday, March 8th.  Make sure you are resting today Clay.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 12:33:41 PM » 

Thanks Guynn, for the report.  I am so relieved to hear that Clay hasn't completely lost his voice. That is very reassuring.  It sounds as though the concert went very well, and that Clay had a great time.  I can't wait to see him, but still have another month.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »
Her
 DC
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 01:09:07 PM » 

Thanks Quynn for the recap.  He is amazing, isn't he?  Can NEVER get enough!  So happy to hear his voice is better.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:54 PM »
llsinCT
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 01:20:43 PM » 

Thank you Guynn for that wonder report of the D.C. concert.  I was actually feeling pretty down thinking about him losing his voice, but you have made me feel a lot better (for today anyway).  He is such a wonderful person.  Not only did God bless him with an incredible voice, but he is blessed him with being the kind of human being that can only be described as pure "love and joy."  I love you Clay and can't wait to see you on March 8th in Worcester.  So glad you are having a good time and went triple platinum.  By the way, you were #5 yesteray (Friday) on TRL.  We will get you to #1 before you know it.  Resting lots of hands along the way.  ha ha

Linda in CT

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »
llslinCT
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 01:21:58 PM » 

Hey, I just realized I graduated.  I am not a newbie anymore.  I am a Clayamateur!!!!!!!!!  yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Finally.  Okay, it's a good day.

Linda in CT

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
ANGELA
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 09:39:02 PM » 

GUYNN,
Thanks for sharing with us.  Sounds like it was wonderful ---I can't wait for March 8th.

ANGELA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »
kmikesch
  Video of WDC from DC
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 10:15:51 PM » 

If you haven't watched and you weren't there to see Clay perform WDC in DC you must download and watch.  OMC always dances with Kiana at the beginning and this time he added a little extra at the end.  It was very cute and a bit sexy as he pulled her back by her pants and grabbed her.  The rest of the backup singers were cracking up, definitely worth seeing!  All I can say is what girl wouldn't want to be in Kiana's shoes! :P

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
Bocaqueen
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 10:26:12 PM » 

Hi LLSINCT...congrats on the Amateur status, both you and HER have achieved that title and I'm gonna catch up real soon!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY ANNOUNCES TRIPLE PLATINUM IN WASHINGTON DC 3/5

gfxgfx
gfx