gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 10:37:11 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY & KELLY IN WINSTON SALEM 3/13
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLAY & KELLY IN WINSTON SALEM 3/13  (Read 13114 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLAY & KELLY IN WINSTON SALEM 3/13
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
Bocaqueen
CLAY & KELLY IN WINSTON SALEM 3/13
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 09:50:28 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claylady....you're not alone in he DUH catagory!  I thought it was fields of holly also.  To tell you the truth...I have learned alot of the correct lyrics to songs since OMC is singing them because of his clear diction.....another wonderful attribute to add to the wonders of Claylist.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »
Clayton Clayniac
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 12:00:50 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pamela, thanks so much for your review of the concert last night!  Even though I was there (my 3rd concert), I hardly saw anything that was going on during the whole show because we had seats on the floor, about halfway back, and with so many people standing (some on their seats!), swaying, jumping, waving and holding up those ding-dang signs, it was impossible to really enjoy it as it needs to be enjoyed!  This was a lesson to me about floor tickets!  If you can't get them in the first few rows, give 'em up and try for the next level where you don't have everything and everybody blocking your view!!  Thank my lucky stars that I'd been to the Charlotte and Raleigh concerts where the seats were great and every minute was savored and treasured! 

I downloaded the videos from the Winston concert and so far have only looked at Kyrie and Perfect Day - and even the videos (taken by Aflack) were as chaotic as the real thing last night!!  Couldn't see a freakin' thing!  Hopefully, the rest of the videos are better, but I'm giving up for tonight and will try watching them again tomorrow!  Maybe by then some other (and better) videos will be posted.

Another thing about the Winston concert regarding Kyrie - Security started lining up on the back left (looking out from the stage) stairway from the floor to the upper level as if getting ready for Clay's entrance.   Jerome and some other security came down the stairs and down the left side aisle as if checking the path Clay would take.  Everyone was getting excited that he was going to come right past us!  Well, it turned out to be a decoy because he entered (I think, I didn't actually see!) from the left side right up to the stage, and we never even saw him (or the top of his spiky head!) until he was already up on the stage!  I think they went through all that because they knew too many people were aware of how he would enter the coliseum and they wanted to throw everyone off as to where he would enter.  Too bad because, for those who had never seen him make his dramatic entrance, it was really spoiled for them!  To me, that entrance at the Charlotte and Raleigh concerts were a real highlight of the show!  Everyone around us was complaining that they couldn't see anything!!  Oh well, at least we were in the same room and breathing the same air as Clay - and hearing his incredible voice!

I guess I should have put my rantings in the Soap Box thread!  Sorry!  Maybe you can move it over!  My message to fans going to the rest of the concerts - please, please, please be considerate of those around you!  We all paid good money for our tickets, and we are all entitled to an enjoyable evening!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »
krysascwt
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 04:46:00 AM » 

Pamela:  Thank You for the Sparkling Memories of Winston Salem.  Those descriptive words of yours make the concert come alive to the extent that I can almost feel it and taste it.  WAY TO GO GIRL!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 10:29:48 AM » 

Even though I was there (my 3rd concert), I hardly saw anything that was going on during the whole show because we had seats on the floor, about halfway back, and with so many people standing (some on their seats!), swaying, jumping, waving and holding up those ding-dang signs, it was impossible to really enjoy it as it needs to be enjoyed!

I agree, I had the same problem from the fifth row.  Here is my fervent hope:

NO SIGNS FOR THE SOLO MINI TOUR! 

And no throwing things on the stage.  It made ME nervous when the furry animals started flying in Winston!  I think something actually hit him in the leg.  I don't get it. 

It appears the late summer appearances will mostly be in smaller amphitheater settings.  These venues are usually outdoors and provide a much more intimate setting than a huge arena. 

Can you imagine the glow of the moon lighting a night sky brilliant with a million stars -- and Clay singing to you?

Oh my goodness.  8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »
clayadmirer
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 12:38:28 PM » 

Thanks Pamela for the review! As you know, I had the glorious opportunity to receive a cellcert from totally (thanks again totally!) during the concert. It was fun to read your comments and put them with what I remembered hearing!  It completed the experience!

I'm so glad you all had a great time!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »
krysascwt
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 02:26:44 PM » 

Pamela, I have had that same fear of some of those flying missles doing damage as they come zinging out of the audience.  What I remember years ago with my good friend who was a Star was being able to just place gifts for him on the stage, of course that can't be done now which is just a crying shame.  I SHAKE MY HEAD IN SADNESS.  Although Clay is smart in not shaking hands with the girls as my friend did, on a number of occassions he ended up being pulled right off the stage (some of the stages were pretty high).

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
Cougar04
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2004, 04:37:33 PM » 

I was at the Winston Salem concert. Traveled 3 1/2 from hours from VA with my mom to get there.  I had floor seats but was lucky enough to be on the end of the aisle right next to the center aisle so I could kinda slip out into the aisle to get a better view.  Pamela did a great job summing up the concert but  I just wanted to say that Clay was wonderful.  I noticed a few times where his voice cracked up a little but it was so insignificant you could barely tell.  And I have to agree with what everyone else has been saying...one concert is just not enough.  He was so comfortable on the stage, you would think that he has been doing this all his life.  What a wonderful experience to see Clay in concert.

Wanted to share a frustrating experience that I had.  We had bought a brand new package of 35 MM film with us to the concert and when we went to load the film into the camera we noticed that every single canister was empty.  Luckily we were able to go back out to the car and get one roll of film that we had, but we were still so mad.  After the concert we were ready to write Kodak a very nasty letter except we noticed that there was a small piece of invisible tape on the box.  We figure that someone must have bought the film, opened the package very carefully, took out the film and put the empty canisters back in and then took it back to the store and got their money back.  I just thought I might share this story to alert everyone that something like this could happen.  I was pretty upset at first, but I got over it because I was just happy that I was there and able to enjoy the experience.  After Clay came on, I forgot all about it :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 11:13:40 PM »
Michele
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2004, 10:19:51 PM » 

Pamela,
You got my radar going!!!

"Can you imagine the glow of the moon lighting a night sky brilliant with a million stars -- and Clay singing to you?"

Is he really doing a summer concert   :D  :D  :D  :P   !  I am getting excited.  Will it be national????

Michele

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2004, 11:08:55 PM » 

Pamela,
You got my radar going!!!
"Can you imagine the glow of the moon lighting a night sky brilliant with a million stars -- and Clay singing to you?"
Is he really doing a summer concert   :D  :D  :D  :P   !  I am getting excited.  Will it be national????
Michele

Only a couple of dates announced so far Michelle.  Go here to read about it:

http://claymaniacs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
krysascwt
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2004, 11:39:26 AM » 

Everyone of you that post your experiences at Concerts just makes we wish that MY CONCERT EXPERIENCE would rush here at Locomotive Speed than at a Snail Pace as it seems to be doing.  I know it won't be long but anytime to wait seems to long to wait to hear Clay Live.

I DEFINITELY AGREE,even though I haven't gone to a concert yet, ONE IS NOT ENOUGH!  ONE OF ANY VERY GOOD THING, IS NOT ENOUGH!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »
playingclay
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2004, 09:38:45 PM » 

Pam....thanks for posting the concert review.   :D
Much of my Claylife is lived vicariously through you and others who get to see his concerts and/or meet him.....sigh** 

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY & KELLY IN WINSTON SALEM 3/13

gfxgfx
gfx