gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229868 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 03:00:59 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  RALEIGH CONCERT MARCH 1ST 2004
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RALEIGH CONCERT MARCH 1ST 2004  (Read 6550 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
RALEIGH CONCERT MARCH 1ST 2004
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:38:29 AM »
kirkland
  Raleigh Concert
« on: March 01, 2004, 11:39:43 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got back from the concert and we taped Clay's entire performance.  I'm not quite sure how to upload the video to the site.  If someone posts directions I'll do it.   The part I previewed is great.

What a voice........ The original act was pretty bad and the band drowned out Kelly...the bass was way too intense.  Clay's performance was classic.  Clearly he is the most talented individual to come out of AI yet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:33:43 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: RALEIGH CONCERT
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:28:13 PM »
sjlogghe
    Raleigh Concert
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 12:48:42 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I want to know how you ended up getting complete footage of the concert!!  Wow, I can't wait to watch that.  It is awesome being able to watch the performances, but it would be even more amazing to listen and see what he does between songs.  I think that's what makes all of us love him even more!!  Also, where were your seats for this?  Could you count the freckles on his face?!?!  Well, I can't wait to watch it, and I will tell you right now thank you so much for doing this.  It will be wonderful to watch, especially since it's his hometown concert!  So thanks again, and hope someone helps you out soon!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: RALEIGH CONCERT
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »
Pamela
 Raleigh Concert
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 03:11:07 AM » 

kirkland, check your PMs!

Now, on to Raleigh! WooHoo! (tmKelly)

Clay and Raleigh - there is nothing like it. He sounded fantastic and his performance was incredible.  Raleigh loves Clay.   

I was really worried about his voice because on the local news today he was already hoarse and commented that he 'shouldn't be talking!' just before giving a long disseration about the Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction.   :roll:

But Kyrie was fan-freakin-tastic as you can imagine.  His voice just fills up the arena all the way from the floor to the rafters and wraps you up like a warm blanket on a chilly night.  Seriously, it's difficult to even describe the way the passion in Clay's voice squeezes your heart until you think it might burst. 

His entrance was from the very back on the floor level and he walked all the way to the stage on the floor. He paused on the steps up to the stage and surveyed all his drooling, screaming minions : before finishing up the song on the stage.  He then went straight into Perfect Day and was just crazy with energy as he spun and jumped and bounced and yes, danced! all over the stage. 

The song set was the same as Charlotte except he added I Survived You, sung at the standing mic.  He slung that mic stand around like a rag doll. It was kind of....dangerous and exciting. Or angry. Yes, I think angry.  I won't forget that visual for a while.

He talked to someone on a cell phone and sang most of WYSYLM to her. *awww!*  That's a lifetime memory for that someone on the other end of the phone; how generous.  He went into the audience and shook people's hands. He did bring a little girl up on stage and he got down on his knees and sang to her; it was adorable! But she was a little spooked so he took her back down then forgot the words and got all screwed up. 

He had mentioned in a radio interview earlier that Run to Me was the hardest song he sang for some reason so it was with high anxiety that I watched him begin to sing it. All for naught. He skipped a couple of words, but otherwise it was just beauteous.   

The acoustic set was wonderful, as usual. Actually, I think it was my favorite part.  He sang with such soul, and conviction. In fact, I used an entire roll of film (old fashioned 35mm!!) on just the acoustic set, and surprised myself by doing so. :roll:  I think it was during the acoustic set that I noticed they were showing faces of people in the audience on the jumbotron.  I was struck by how mesmerized they all seemed, as if in some kind of a trance.  It was really quite touching to see and I remember wishing that Clay could have seen it himself.

He was such a tease on WDC - when he wailed the 'screeeeeeam' part it went on and on forever and the backup singers were bowing to him and pumping their fists.  Hee! Who timed it?  I know someone did....
The dancing with Angela was a little bit subdued but he still worked it and kept with the spirit of the song.  Maybe he was afraid what his grandmother would think - she was just behind us.  Eek!   : 

He hit all the riffs in WDC and he wailed all up the steps and across the platform. YEAH! Honestly, WDC seemed a little rushed. Either that, or I just wanted it to last longer...yeah, that's it....

He was wearing the Tampa outfit...Moonshot's fave!   :  The stripey back jacket and the bright green shirt was quite dynamic.  8)  And his hair was perfect.   8)

Oh, and I thought Kelly was very good tonight. I wished she would have gotten a better reception from Clay's hometown, but then I always want people to be NICER to each other so, hey.

I also have a rant but I'll post that in the Soap Box. For now, I'll just say, some of Clay's fans need to go away. Seriously.

But Clay? I love him! Thank you Clay. You survived Raleigh.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: RALEIGH CONCERT MARCH 1ST 2004
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »
Her
    Raleigh
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 04:19:44 AM » 

Thank you Pamela!  Last night as I sat at home, I was thinking about all the fans in Raleigh and knowing how great a time they were having.  I agree with  you on the acoustic set.  I saw him in Miami and the acoustic set was my favorite part of the show.  Especially MOAM---

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
claylady
  Raleigh Concert
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 07:40:14 AM » 

Thanks Pam for the wonderful review.  Reading all the concert reports makes my anticipation grow more and more everyday.  I can hardly wait for March 10th.  I'm glad you mentioned Run To Me.  It's absolutely one of my favorites along with the acoustic MOAM. 
The performance that I'm really looking forward to is "When Doves Cry"
When I first read that Clay sang this, I thought Clay does Prince.  How weird is this.  It seemed like a very strange choice to me.  After downloading it from the Atlanta concert, I was totally in awe.  The way Clay belts it is amazing and so sexy.  After watching it about a million times, I can honestly say it's a classic in my book.
I'm so happy the tour is going so well and that everyone attending is having such a remarkable time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:35:30 PM »
lorraine
 Raleigh Concert
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 07:46:33 AM » 

Pamela,

I was thinking all about the concert last night and could wait until this a.m. to find out what you have said.  The words that you use in expressing Clay and his performance want to make me cry.  I can feel it all like I was there.  OMG March 8th is almost here.  Thank you Pam for your review.  As usual you are great.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 11:35:57 PM »
CT loves Clay
 Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 08:47:01 AM » 

I hope there is someone  here at work that will scrap me off the floor!  I knew it, I knew it!  You confirmed everything I was feeling and wanted to hear. I had butterflies last night just thinking about him at his hometown arena. The place must have been wild.   I can only imagine the screaming going on.  Yes, I wish Kelly had more response too, but when they get to Texas, she will have her fans going nuts too.  You are one lucky girl to have gone to two concerts.  Are you trying for three?  You can come up to Worcester, Ma on March 8 and join us.  I would love to meet you.  I know you would if you could.   I must check out what you mean by saying, "some of Clay's fans must go away."  Thanks again.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:36:37 PM »
Clayton Clayniac
  Great Pre-Concert Coverage
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 10:34:31 AM » 

WRAL-TV has some great coverage of Clay's homecoming and even takes a peek inside the tour bus!  Go here to access:  http://www.wral.com/news/2884792/detail.html

They also mentioned this morning that Clay was going to participate in a celebration of Dr. Seuss' 100th Birthday today by reading to Philadelphia kids at Ryan Road Elementary School!  Just like him, isn't it?!!  Stuff like this is what warms our hearts!

Memorable concert in Raleigh last night!  Clay was in rare form!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »
songbird457
  Raleigh Concert
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 11:07:50 AM » 

Seriously, it's difficult to even describe the way the passion in Clay's voice squeezes your heart until you think it might burst.

I get like this every time I hear him on tv or radio. Can I handle it live?  :  I can just see it now. Colleen and I at the Joe Mar 11 - I THUD over yelling "Houston, we have a problem."  8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 11:37:36 PM »
songbird457
  Raleigh Concert
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 11:09:45 AM » 

They also mentioned this morning that Clay was going to participate in a celebration of Dr. Seuss' 100th Birthday today by reading to Philadelphia kids at Ryan Road Elementary School! Just like him, isn't it?!! Stuff like this is what warms our hearts!

aww that is so sweet. Is he doing that this time around?  in Philly? That's our Clayton. Putting others before himself. I just love him.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »
clayadmirer
  Raleigh Concert
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 11:20:06 AM » 

Pamela,

I couldn't wait to read your recap of the Raleigh concert this morning! By your description, I was able to visualize his magnificent performance. I watched the "dotcam" last night, but for some reason, it wasn't quite as exciting as being there or reading your recap! I got a little taste last night of the energy (and noise) when my girlfriend did a cellcert with me during Perfect Day! It was amaaazing!!! The only problem was that it left me wanting more! Hurry up, Anaheim!

p.s. PM: It's almost done

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 11:38:37 PM »
houstonclayfan
  Raleigh Concert
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 11:28:29 AM » 

I get like this every time I hear him on tv or radio. Can I handle it live?  :  I can just see it now. Colleen and I at the Joe Mar 11 - I THUD over yelling "Houston, we have a problem."  8)

I may die laughing first !    :P

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »
LuvMyClay
    Raleigh Concert
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 12:15:37 PM » 

Thanks Clayton Clayniac for the link to the video footage.  I REALLY enjoyed watching it!! :D  :D   I love to watch Clay's interviews, maybe even more than I love to watch him sing.  Thanks so much for sharing the link.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 11:39:42 PM »
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

Raleigh Concert
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 01:05:16 PM » 

Just got back from the concert and we taped Clay's entire performance. I'm not quite sure how to upload the video to the site. If someone posts directions I'll do it. The part I previewed is great.

Kirkland - did you find a way to upload the video? Is the WDC song or when you say entire performance do you mean the entire time he was on stage for the night??

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 11:40:09 PM »
Anonymous
  Raleigh
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 01:37:35 PM » 

Thanks Pamela
for your detailed info..
sorry I did not know you sat so close to me..
I was in 2nd  row ..in front of the piano..
I know where his mom sat so you were near...
It would hsve been nice to meet you ..perhaps next time..
I saw him in Miami ...he was great...but here in RALEIGH .........
............HE WAS ROCKIN  SUPER ...................
The glory   eeeeeeeeee note was my faavourite moment...
the closeset I got to Clay last night...
I talked to and shook hands with  Jerome.......
I enjoyed his tour of the bus on WRAL this morning
I  am still in a hotel in RALEIGH  waiting for my ride to the airport...
I already booked my flight from PalmBeach to LasVegas...
--------  3rd row ..............WOW .......my  3RD concert ....
to my friends in Florida HER-BOCAQUEEN-FLAKEN
 as mch as we enjoyed Miami....
I loved Raleigh..talk to you when I get back to Boca...

PS.. to Moonshot.....
I am not a photographer...but I took many
still monshots..... hope they come out.......

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  RALEIGH CONCERT MARCH 1ST 2004

gfxgfx
gfx