gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:40:43 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25  (Read 6523 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »
Pepe
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 05:37:27 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I downloaded "When Doves Cry" for three hours and I would get a part of the song than it would stop.  This has happened to me many times with other songs I have tried to download.  It is really upsetting when you download for 2 or 3 hours and than this happens.  Does anyone have a answer?  I posted it on another thread but will post again that Clay and Kelly will be on Entertainment Tonight tomorrow (Friday).  They said it was Clay and Kelly on the road.  Looked good.  :P
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 12:14:14 PM »
4EverClayton
  Atlanta Concert
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 06:31:45 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone!
I also attended the concert in Duluth last night.  There is just no way to put into words "The Way" it makes you feel to be in the presence of Clay Aiken!!! Everyone was screaming and I thought I would be, too.  As others have stated, Clay entered the arena from the back and walked the entire
length of the place to the stage singing Kyrie.  It just so wonderfully happened that my seat was at the end of the row and Clay came within
six inches of me.  His body guard and a lot of security were walking with
him, but as he came toward me, without even thinking I reached out and touched - rather sqweezed his arm.  I am never going to wash my hand!!! The thing I remember most was feeling the hair on his arm.  I stood in disbelief and awe for the rest of that song and the next.  His performance of Kyrie was very moving but I don't really think that is why tears were running down my cheeks. I thought I was probably going to be screaming
through the whole concert and embarraing my teenage daughters.  I was so moved by that special moment that I just stood in awe without hardly moving till the end of the concert.  His performance was awesome, his personality was bubbling, his sexiness was oozing, and his interaction and appreciation of his fans was very evident and touching.  Clay's voice was really suffering by the end of the concert.  He sounded fine in the beginning but I think he was trying too hard to sing over all the screaming.  He mentioned one time that the crowd was very loud - louder than he was and he had a mike.  I know it was a strain on his voice but he seemed to love the fan appreciation.  I am glad that he has the day off today.  I hope his voice is rested by the time he gets to Tampa. 

My take on the absence of TITN or BOTW is the fact that he is trying very hard to distance himself from AI.  He sings every song with so much heart that I don't think you will really miss any of those other songs.  You can just tell how much he is trying to please us!!!  And he does!!!!

Today I am sad that my concert date with Clay is over.  I would give anything to be able to see him again.  Now, I am envying all of you who still have this wonderful experience to look forward to.  I was sooooo moved and I know you will be, too.  Clay was awesome!!!

Kelly?  Kelly who???

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »
hnl97
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 07:28:12 PM » 

I am hoarse from the Duluth concert.......LOL

I spent several hours right before the concert in the mall across from the arena just wasting time. There were Clay people everywhere! Normally, I wouldn't just go up to people I don't know, but I had no problem with this! My sister pointed out the first couple with Clay shirts, and I talked to them. They told me about a big group from the Clayboard, so I went searching and saw a woman in red stand up.....she had THUD on her back!!! They were great! Trying to explain THUD to Mama was such a hoot! LOL

As I was walking into the arena from the car, I heard a lady scream "Hey Clay people! Wait!" She was by herself and latched onto me (her words  : ) for the next few minutes until she had to go to her seat. She is a newspaper writer and had a 5th row ticket. She's sending me pictures, and I'll try to post those.....

The lady sitting beside me also took some video and is sending it.....she was very nice!! Clay came into the arena on the ground floor this time...and I was about 15 feet from him when he walked by. I was ecstatic! Man, he sounded so wonderful!!!! The place was going nuts and bonkers and bananas (hey, those are all foods -- lol) all at the same time. They crowd was pumped for sure. Clay even commented that we were louder than Charlotte had been, and he was right!! After "Perfect Day," he said "Man, it's hot in here!" (and boy, was it!!). Then, he said, "But don't worry or get too excited, I'm not gonna take anything off." The crowd laughed and screamed and went "Awwww......." We so wanted that to happen!!

His voice was still strained, but it wasn't bad. Several things were thrown on stage at one point. One was a grayish monkey-looking thing with a funny face, and he held it to his face and made the same smirk. It was adorable! He sang "I Survived You," which he did not sing in Charlotte, and it was great!! He changed the words so that he wouldn't have to sing "I'll be ****ed if I have thoughts of you....." Instead he sang something like "I know I'll never have thoughts of you......" I was very proud! There were lots of kids there......

The air pumping and guitar playing were a little bit more exaggerated and lively than in Charlotte. He was more pumped, probably becasue the audience was! A woman in the first row was on her cell phone, and he answered it!!! The whole place got dead silent, and Clay said something like, "Hello, Gail from California. This is Clay. We're in Atlanta having a great time, and we hope you are too." I would've died if that had been me!! Karen and Terry were both listening to a lot of this concert too (I had to use my sister's phone for one of them  : I even had a girl turn around and tell me to stop talking at one point during the concert -- OOPS!). They both said they wished Clay had answered MY phone!!!

The acoustic stuff was great again, but so was everything!! Every song just took my breath away. I couldn't be still, and I became an absolute puddle of vanilla goo during "When Doves Cry." I needed a cold shower! I was so hot!!  :  : He came back at the end for "Open Arms," and the audience again went hysterical!!! My sister screamed in my ear "I bet Kelly feels sooooo bad!" She might have, but we couldn't help it! OMC was on for the last time, and he looked so dang good! Actually, though, Ashleigh said he looked like he'd been sleeping.....hmmm......

I was so elated! I could barely speak, both because my throat hurt and because he'd left me speechless. I couldn't believe it was over....for the 2nd time....and my last time......sniff......

The 2 1/2 hour ride was hysterical. It was pouring down rain, but I barely noticed. My phone had gone dead, and I couldn't get it charged fast enough before Karen and Terry began calling. LOL It was so much fun to get to share my experiences with them.

It was the greatest, ladies! You all will have a blast, and I'm sure I left important details out, but oh well......I can't wait to hear what all of you think!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 12:18:17 PM »
wisconsinmaniac
 CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 10:21:20 PM » 

hnl97 -  Thank you, thank you, again and again for the above description of the Duluth, GA, concert.   I could feel your excitement.  I've not had access to a computer today until now, so I'm glad I came across your post.     

I will see Clay for the very first time in person in Chicago on March 22nd.  I don't know if I will survive that long.  He certainly is worth waiting for.

Thanks again for sharing your awesome experience !!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
houstonclayfan
  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 10:29:57 PM » 

Thank you, Nicole !  What a great review!  I loved the part with the stuffed Monkey  :   It makes me think about what I should throw on stage  ::)   And Mr Houston already told me no panties   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:17 PM »
claylady
  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 11:28:08 PM » 

Thank you all for the wonderful reviews of the concert.  I can hardly wait for mine which is March 10. 

JUST DOWNLOADED "WHEN DOVES CRY"
I'VE WATCHED IT 20 TIMES ALREADY.
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. 
CLAY IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE. 
I'M DYING HERE.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »
lorilovesgolf
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 09:56:12 AM » 

I didn't know if I missed it in everybody's descriptions of the concerts (which, by the way, were absolutely wonderful!) but was there a catwalk in Atlanta?  I am hoping he has one in D.C. - I am in the 5th row !!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 12:20:18 PM »
Leveland
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 02:28:31 PM » 

Nicole I felt like I was there again.. Thanks to all for your wonderful Reports. 

Love, Terry

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 04:15:19 PM » 

First, the story.  The video is at the end of the story. 

From musicmama at The Clackhouse:

We met a lady at the airport while picking up a friend. The sign we had to embarass said friend said something about Clay on it.

This lady is waiting for her mom's plane to land. Her mom was coming in for the concert. She has backstage passes. And she noticed our sign and just wanted to say hi. She thinks our monkey is cute. And he is. He's a travelling monkey. Like the gnome. She says she'll tell Clay about it.
She is SO nice, but we don't REALLY believe her.

I got caught with my video camera, so I walk back to the car with my friend. On the way back in, we run into lady again. She said they're
running late, but she won't forget! (she's sooo nice). We found out later she was the last one in line and as people are pushing her away telling her it's time to go, she starts babbling about "sign, 2nd row, monkey" and he gives her an OMG this lady is crazy look.

Fast forward to midway through the concert. We had a sign that pointed to the monkey. My friend washolding him and I held up the sign.
Something clicked in Clay's head and he points and motions to give him the monkey. He's singing the ENTIRE time, never missing a beat. He wants the monkey. I yell "OKAY, BUT I NEED HIM BACK!" Clay NODS emphatically (gimme the @#%$ monkey). I said "I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY NEED HIM BACK" NOD NOD NOD from Clay. My friend stands there motionless and numb. I rip the
monkey from her dead, cold hands and throw him at Clay. Clay catches him and holds him up. THIS is where ourcameras STOP WORKING. They STOP WORKING, ya'll. He's singing, bobbing his head back and forth, "take the @#%$ picture". He's making the monkey dance. The entire incident is being played on the Jumbotron. The crowd was C R A Z Y. Finally, and you'll see ONE big flash go off before he hands the monkey back, that was my friends. Luckily, we both got one picture each.

He gives the monkey back. Friend and I turn around and FREAK OUT, yelling and jumping and celebrating with our friends in the lower bowl. They were telling everyone that would listen, "hey, that's our monkey!!!" While our backs are to him, Clay's backup dancer can hardly sing, he's laughing so hard and Clay smiles and winks at us.

After that, everyone wanted to TOUCH the monkey AND have their picture taken with him. Little girls were almost in tears asking to see him.

He is famous. People were pointing and yelling "there's the monkey!" as we walked through the crowd.

The video. I want to marry CCF and GBB

Can I just say again how much I LOVE that video?

o/~ and our eyes connected emotionally o/~

The hand up. "Hi, I see your sign, some crazy lady told me to talk to you"

The wave, "yes, you'll get him back, give him to me, yes you."

The eyebrows "YES, I SWEAR I WILL GIVE HIM BACK, GIVE ME THE @#%$ MONKEY"

o/~ I know everybody here wants to hold you, I know what it's like cause I feel the same...o/~

He looks at him. Holds him up for a pose. Watches the panicked looks on our faces as our cameras give out.

Another look "you two okay? what's the problem"

Tips the monkey and the mic. We get picture. Give the monkey back.
Motions, "give the monkey back to that girl there, before her head explodes. Yes that girl there"

Walks to the left.

Walks back to the right, laughs at us and WINKS. Don't miss it, he WINKS at us. Then trots over, still laughing.

Ya'll, he could have ignored us. How cool WAS it that he took those 45 seconds to make our entire year?

*sigh*

THE VIDEO

Please - right click and 'save target as' and download the video.  Please - do not watch the video from the link.  ThanX!

Link no longer works.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
cassms
  Clay in ATL
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2004, 08:54:11 AM » 

Yes, the monkey thing was hilarious, even from where I was sitting two sections back--he looked so cute when he held it up and mugged for the camera!  Clay was so drop-dead gorgeous that night in his royal blue, and his charm and presence is amazing on stage--he is a true performer.   
 His voice was definitely a bit hoarse at times and I felt so pained for him that it seemed a little strained so early on in the tour!  He covered it well though; my husband remarked that he couldn't believe he could still hit and hold those glory notes even when he obviously had some hoarseness or voice strain of some type.  Don't get me wrong--his voice was still amazing, just that every now & then you could hear the hoarseness.  I know touring must be hard work and I hope Clay will take good care of himself and his voice; maybe there are techniques and voice coaches that can help with preventing strain.  And maybe he was sick; I just don't know but I do know that I am concerned for him.
 The crowd was great too; the ClayLove was all around!  If he was sick you sure couldn't tell it by his performance--what a professional!  He really connected with the audience, smiling and pointing.  He laughed when he gave his shirt tug (driving us wild) during Invisible, and pointed the microphone to the audience, smiling that we were all singing along.  (I asked my husband later if he sang when Clay pointed the mike to the audience during Invisible--he said "I was already singing!"  :D  LOL!)  And during WYSYLM he kind of danced a little and pointed at himself dancing and we all cheered--he jokes about his dancing, but he has the moves, baby! (as Randy Jackson would say).
 The acoustic set was wonderful--really spotlighted how just incredibly rich his voice is.  And though I wasn't familiar with When Doves Cry, it was powerful and SEXY!  When he moved with Angela I could feel the tingle : !  WowWowWow! 
 I am so excited about this man!!  And the future looks so bright--his choices of songs (other than MOAM) for his concert suited his voice and were so varied (WDC, FOG, CIMM, All About Love, Kyrie) that I know that we are going to be in for more & more incredible treats from OMC when he gets even more control over his music.  What an amazing man and performer.  I am more in awe of him and his talent than ever.  What an incredible night; only wish it had been longer!  If you get a chance to get to the concert--GO!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »
jazzlvr2
  concert
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2004, 10:26:42 AM » 

testing

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »
jazzlvr2
  Atlanta Concert and meet and greet
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2004, 10:28:17 AM » 

I attended the Atlanta concert too .  I had 2nd row seats and as everyone else said, Clay was amazing.  He was a little hoarse, but when he sang, you didn't really notice.   The screams were deafing and long.  I thought it was cute that he mentioned that he thought Atlanta screamed more than Charlotte.  Hi,  sorry this is late, but I have not had a chance to post until now.  It was definitely a Clay audience.   I thought Kelly did a good job, but the majority was there for Clay. 
   It's hard to pick out my favorite part, but it had to be the acoustical numbers, ISY, and WDC.  I was looking forward to the acoustical numbers because of AOL MOAM, which has to still be my all time favorite video of Clay.  When I heard WDC and watched that performance, I thought I would just die on the spot.  Watching it over and over on line just reinforced my feelings.  Is there anything this man can't sing and make it his own?  As Neil Sadaka said about Solitare, " this will now forever be a Clay song". 
  I am heading for Raleigh tomorrow.  I really wanted to be able to just sit back and enjoy watching Clay's response to the crowd and being home.   
  I did have a pass to get into the meet and greet.  I met Clay, but it was very quick and I didn't feel like I said or did anything I had planned on. He sounded a little hoarse there and I thought he might be getting a cold again or his allergies might be bothering him. They made us stand in a line and moved us through quickly. I have read since that Clay likes the meet and greet to be well organized and people standing in a line. He was signing nice poster pictures, but he ran out right before he got to me, so I got an autographed picture instead, which was still nice.   Clay was wearing that athletic jacket he wore during SNL .  I knew it was familiar , but couldn't place it when I was standing there.  I was so nervous that instead of saying what I had intended,  Ijust babbled something about my whole family loving Clay and his music.  He said, "thank you very much" and then it was over.  I wish I had spent more time looking into his eyes, watching him, etc.   I seemed to talk more to Kelly, who, by the way,  was very nice, friendly and seemed like a really sweet down to earth person.  They were kidding back and forth. I also met Jerome who seemed like a really nice guy and he was telling me he was happy to be back in Atlanta which is his home town.  Clay is very thin. What I had hoped to tell him was that I hoped this concert tour would allow him to eat and rest more regularly than he has been able to do lately, but my mind became a pile of mush.
Then they took a picture with me standing between Kelly and Clay.  Kelly said to me, " You smell good" and then Clay said, " Yes you do"  I had my arm around both of them .   Then I just said "Thank you Clay" and it was all over. I tried to see if I could smell any cologne on Clay, but I couldn't . It all happened so fast, it's hard to remember.  When you are done they rush you out.  They don't let you stand around a watch the others.   If you get a chance to go,  Be prepared and make good use of your time.  I wish I had been better prepared.   It was a last minute thing for me and I really didn't think I was going to get back so I wasn't as mentally prepared as I wish I had been. 
I hope I will get another chance to meet him.  You can bet I will be more prepared next time. 
   If you've hung in this far,  thanks for reading my post.  Now it's off to Raleigh!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »
houstonclayfan
  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2004, 11:24:36 AM » 

Thank you, Diann for your review and you must just be ecstatic that you got to meet him and just be that close! If you know anything about a meet and greet in Detroit and tell me how I can get passes, a know two very sweet gals that will pass any messages from you onto him  :

Thanks again for your review.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
ANGELA
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2004, 11:28:58 AM » 

jazzlvr2 said:

my mind became a pile of mush

Don't feel bad, I know for sure  that would happen to me too.
Thanks for the review that was great!

Angela

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 01:08:25 PM »
reeree
  lucky you
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2004, 09:33:42 PM » 

oh ! man, diann i believe your so lucky to have a little piece of clay's  time...I only wish all of us could just cut-up with him for a little while, he's so witty and sincere, hey you think you could buy a lotto ticket for me???? ReeRee :

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25

gfxgfx
gfx