gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 02:05:07 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25  (Read 6524 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« on: February 26, 2004, 01:21:15 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCERT: 'Idols' appearance at Arena a wild success

Not a seat was left at the Arena at Gwinnett Center for the Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken show Wednesday night.

"The show was sold out, totally," said Arena booking manager Jerry Goldman.

The crowd? More diverse than expected. A mix of children, teens and adults came to see the former "American Idol" contestants perform.

ATLANTA JOURNAL CONSTITUTION

WHEN DOVES CRY (Note from Marilyn- this is NOT the original link- it was to Airplay Central to download and that is now extinct)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:54:32 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
 CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 07:59:33 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Set list for Atlanta:

(Clay opened and Kelly closed)

Kyrie
Perfect Day
I Will Carry You
All About Love
No More Sad Song
I Survived You
When You Say You Love Me
Without You (w/Qianna)
Invisible
Run to Me
Measure of a Man/Fields of Gold/When I Need You/Carolina on My Mind
When Doves Cry
The Way
Encore: Open Arms (w/Kelly starting instead of Clay)

I Will Survive You was added for Atlanta.  Lucky dawgs!  I love that song.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
lorraine
 CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 08:06:48 AM » 

Pam,

I just can't watch it anymore.  I am at work and my heart is beating so fast just watching this video.  I don't know if I can work.  He us unbelievable.  How did you make it through?  Well I better pick myself off the floor and try to get it together before my boss comes in.  Can't wait until March 8th.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
reeree
  hello everyone
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 09:55:17 AM » 

whhhheewww! what a concert, and yes it was awesome, pam great video! I have one as well, and some great pics... I'll have to wait til hubby gets home to put it on here but count on it i will, I am still so overwhelmed at everything :o we had pretty good seats, of course it hard to stay seated in it, but being i'm only 4'11'' the people behind was thankful!!! ok! clay was simply adorable, cute as a button he was a little horse from charlotte concert i think but who cares, he still poured his heart and soul in everyword, kelly was laidback in jeans and barefooted w/candles in the stage set, clay's backdrop was nothing short of superstar performance some of the lights adorned that wonderous spikie hair it was almost like when he sang solitare on idol, there was just this glow around him and everyone was screaming about an intro to a song and he casualy said" don't worry i'm not gonna take anything off" then the crowd was c-r-a-z-y!!! well, you said every detail, you are in for a real experience if you get a ticket for this tour..... thank you clay and kelly for making 2-25-04 a perfect day!!! oh i just can't get it out of my head :D  I promise to get the pics and video on as soon as i can, and thank all you claymaniacs for being just as nuts as i am , so i don't stick out of the crowd ...... i was upset on the way home, seeing the lights in the sky going around and then touching together, i just want to meet clay just 1 time to show my sincere admiration for him! it made me sad to have to leave, but i'm counting on you guys to keep me feed with info.....the video i have is "run to me".... gotta work 1/2 day today ....so let me know your thoughts? gotta run ....check back later...reeree

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 10:24:17 AM » 

Pam,

You are probably getting sick of me.  But, I want to thank you one more time from the bottom of my heart for "When Doves Cry" video.  I don't have to tell you how I feel because you were there.  I almost feel like crying from the emotions going through me right now.  UNBELIEVABLE!
I hope Simon sees his moves now!!  That should shut him up for good.
I just hope Clay's voice doesn't give out.  He is in his glory and I pray that his voice will stay strong for the concerts to come, especially for March 8.  No, seriously, for everyone's.  Back to work (one more time).

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
Anonymous
  Atlanta was unbelievable!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 10:44:08 AM » 

I was in heaven last night at the Gwinnett Arena. Our seats were great and I did not want the night to end. Clay was Clay!!!!! I want to do it again! I wanted to get in my car and head south. I want to be a Grandma Groupie!!!!WE met quite a few other Clay lovers at Discover Mall before the concert and that was fun. We shared how we were all addicted to this young man from North Carolina with the wonderful voice. I signed the banner that is following him throughout the tour. They will give it to him at last concert. I enjoyed Kelly, but the night was all about Clay and when he appeared the crowd was wild. He even said he thought Atlanta was louder than his Charlotte crowd.  We showed our love!!!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 12:03:01 PM »
Anonymous
  Atlanta
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 10:49:30 AM » 

I was so excited about my night at the concert I forgot to sign my post Grandma Groupie is me ----

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »
dudley5
 CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 11:06:37 AM » 

I just read this on another site about last night in Atlanta and thought it was cute -

First of all, the weather in Atlanta was the pits - freezing and raining. It took us nearly 2 hours to get from one side of the city to the other. Anyway - it was a full house tonight folks! 14,000 people and it was 90% Clay fans from what I saw. We had FANTASTIC seats. Third row - the stage was so close to the first row of seats - it was incredible. I could the pupils of his eyes!!! I could see his freaking shoe laces!!!!!! I think the majority of the folks sitting in the first few rows got in on the RCA presale - and they were all Clay fans up there. Simon charge was in the first row, Pipe Dreams, Invisible926 and love you clay were sitting right behind me. We had such a good time! He sang the same songs as last night - starting with Kyrie Elesion. I'm not sure where the heck he came out from because everyone was expecting him to come out from the side of the arena like he did last night, so everyone down front was standing on their dang chairs. And then we saw the spot light near the very back of the arena. He walked all the way down the aisle to the stage. I couldn't see him, but the electricity in that place was just overwhelming. He did add the full version of I Survived You tonight (thank you, Clay) and When the Doves Cry gave me heart palpitations. I don't know if it was just me who noticed, but he must have had something spicy for dinner cuz he kept burping!! Only I would notice something like that. One of the girls in the second row brought this big stuffed monkey. Clay saw her and motioned for her to throw it up on the stage. She did and he was making these faces like "hurry up and take a picture of me with your monkey" (he was in the middle of singing a song). It seemed like it took her forever! Then he threw it back to her. I thought she was gonna explode she was so excited.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »
thanku_clay
  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 11:24:50 AM » 

I have enjoyed reading the posts by all of you who attended these first two concerts. I am so excited!! I spent most of yesterday downloading videos and watching them....now my hubby knows what he is in for come April 15th, hehe..hope he can take it  :oops:   : !!! All the screaming gals that is..he will find out just how Clay affects so many, not just me..

I thought it was cool that Kelly sported an "I Love Clay" T-shirt! I am sure the fans enjoyed that!!

I hope they both still have their voices by the time April 15th gets here!! I will be sitting on the floor in Section C, Row 16. Can anyone tell me if that will be close enough to get some good pictures? Also, I got a Digital Camera for Christmas that I am still figuring out. To get the best pics do I need to leave the flash on or off...or set it to Night Mode? Would appreciate any help you can give me on that. I would love to get some good pictures, if possible!!!  :D  Maybe some of you who have already been to a concert and have taken pics can help me out...Thanks

I wish that Clay would have sang Shine, I love that song. Or TITN, Solitare or Touch. However, some of the other covers he is doing are awesome too. Can't be too picky when it comes to Clay! Anything he sings is always the best!

"HURRY UP APRIL 15th"  :P   :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 11:40:28 AM » 

Here is a link to some pictures from the Atlanta concert last night - posted at the Atlanta Journal Constitution site:

http://www.ajc.com/living/content/living/photos/0204/idol/image9.html

You can see the different sets for Clay and Kelly - they were both really nice.  The band and backup singers wore black for Kelly and white for Clay.   :

And you know what?  It just occurred to me that I never mentioned a word about Kelly in the Charlotte thread.  Yikes!  That was not intentional, not at all.

I was just blinded by the light....

Kelly was very good.  I'm going to go write about her now.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »
bisi
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 12:58:09 PM » 

Account of concert with news of more Clayverted fans

1. arrived at Discovery Mills food court @4:30...had some good seats for my group of young and older claymates..we were the ones with the little girls dressed in CLAYMATE JR. shirts and ribbons...I had my THUD suit on ...well guess what...here comes WWCD/goodbabybrush of the 2 cell phone calls to Dana tonight and during AI...she has 4th row seats near the catwalk to sell so of course I buy them...awesome seats..oh my god...could not have wished for a better view..thank you WWCD...were with a great group around us..including next to me was IMALLEARS who videtaped the entire concert !!!...clay looked so great...think of the most sexy, thudlike picture you have ever seen of him and that is what he REALLY looks like up close....a real cutie...with moves you would not believe...moves that promise something he doesn't even know about yet...oh what a thudmuffin...his voice was teriffic...could see every twist of his lips, curl of his mouth, bob of his adam's apple, strain of his neck muscles...same outfit as last night...the best outfit he has worn to date in my opinion...casual dressy relaxed manly...s e x y !!!..he was a little hoarse...a security person said he was not feeling well tonight and left right after concert...he is sick feeling the last 2 times in Atlanta but really the voice was awesome anyway.. When Doves Cry is the INVISIBLE surprise of the concert...wow..wow...wow...he was so at ease and confident...he so connected with the audience and the audience was spunky and cheering screaming interacting with him..he saw my Bubel light and gave me a tender thank you look....one of his backup singers became our "thud " target during the kelly part...his name is Jacob...some ladies beside us think we should have a website inquiry about him...he was thrilled to get the attention and sang a duet with kelly...kelly was great...did not have the same magic with the audience as clay but good singing,,voice was strong..well I am beat...the kids are finally asleep and I will now hit my pillow with a sigh and a thud !!!....don't miss the chance to see clay in concert...he is a star...he is what dream boys are made of...I saw some guys and kelly fans there who could not be not impressed with what they saw....100 percent man and star on that stage...great to meet up with the claymates too...they are celebrities in our cyber world...and I touched the famous phone that clay used to call Dana the first time...WWCD joked that now she would have to retire this phone tonight after clay talked into this one...my kids took a picture with the monkey clay touched tonight...and also the souvenirs are awesome...bring some bucks....the pictures inside the program are amazing

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 01:54:29 PM » 

Bisi, as wellas thanking Pam, I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Atlantic Concert last night.  Lorraine and I, and hopefully a claymaniac from Maine, will be going March 8 at Worcester, Maine.  I almost can't stand the wait.  I don't know if these reports are making it worse or better.  LOL  Honestly, I can just feel the emotion of all of you fans who have seen him already.  It is unnerving (such a word).
I am at work and cannot concentrate to save my life.  We are in the first section, (first level above the floor), but I swear I am going to want to throw myself to the floor section at the rate I hear about him.  We must try to upgrade our tickets one more time to get closer.  I am worried about his voice.  You are the second person who said he didn't feel well.  He was probably nervous. He puts so much into his songs, maybe he is straining every part of his body too much.  I hope it's not the flu again.  We better all start praying for Clay.  God give him strength to get through this tour so we can all see him.  God has a lot more important things to work on, but when all of us Claymaniacs start to pull together, we usually win out.  So everyone start to pray that Clay's voice and general health stay good. 

Linda in CT

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
Kat4Clay
  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 02:10:09 PM » 

:(
Why did he not sing This is the Night and Touch???  Why????  These are two of my favorite songs especially Touch.

Clay.....if you are reading this.......don't exclude these songs.  My concert date is in 04/03 Arrowhead Pond.  Hope he changes his mind by then.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »
Moonshot
CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 02:42:47 PM » 

Why did he not sing This is the Night and Touch???  Why????  These are two of my favorite songs especially Touch.

Alot of people have been saying this same thing. And I love the song and can understand many people's disappointment in not getting to hear him sing it live and say those words. But let me tell you, if there is a choice between having "Touch" or "When Doves Cry" in the concert...

for the love of all that is that sexy man Clay Aiken CHOOSE "WHEN DOVES CRY".

Trust me. You will not be disappointed that he didn't sing the other one.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
tessie
  clay in atlanta
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 05:05:34 PM » 

Pamela,  if you haven't alredy done so, could you please tell us about the Beau sisters too.   Thanks

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY IN ATLANTA 2/25

gfxgfx
gfx