gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:05:12 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  2007: Christmas in the Heartland Tour  |  Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN  (Read 30647 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2010, 11:16:21 PM »
clayfannj
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marilyn,

I'm so happy for you!!   What a wonderful Christmas gift you got this year
Can't wait to pick your brain on Thursday!!!

Way to go, GIRL!!!  !!!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
lorraine
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MARILYN - WELL IT WAS ABOUT TIME LADY.  WELL DESERVED WITH ALL THE CONCERTS YOU HAVE ATTENDED.       I THINK CLAY KINDA KNEW THAT.  CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR STORY.  HECK WE HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR HOW MANY YEARS AND YET MOST TIMES OUR CONVERSATIONS WERE ABOUT CLAY.  YOU GO GIRL.

HUGS
RAINEY

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
ChrisieD

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »   

Marilyn, how in the world did you keep that a secret !!!!    You are good.

I can't find your pics over in Clayversity. I see lots of him looking  but I can't find you !! HELP !!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
Tiffany
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »   

Marilyn. I'm so happy for you and you so deserved it. Sounded like an amazing experience. Can't believe you weren't nervous. Wish there was clack on reading your story. Can't wait to see your picture with Clay.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »
irule
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2007, 03:42:22 PM »   

What up with the concert review???????? Clay NAILED the notes in DSIAFCD and All Is Well!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
lovinclay
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2007, 04:27:04 PM »   

What up with the concert review???????? Clay NAILED the notes in DSIAFCD and All Is Well!!!!

I'm confused.     What concert review??

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
Glory
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »   

MICKI I AM CONFUSED TOO    SAW NO CONCERT REVIEW.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »
WilsonClaymate
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »   

CONGRATULATIONS, MARILYN   

What an awesome experience.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Can't wait to read your story when you get it posted.

Enjoy the rest of your shows -- although they will probably be a little anticlimactic after last night.     

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2007, 07:55:10 PM »   

Marilyn!!!!!  Just heard the news, how wonderful Missy    you do so deserve it 
Can't wait to read!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2010, 11:33:04 PM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »     

South Bend Indiana-

I had received a notification from Clayonline that they wanted me to do an aural reading over the phone to judge time and tone of my story. I did that, but the phone cut out in the middle. I sent an email back and was told “All is Well” that it would be listened to.
All Thanksgiving day I checked emails faithfully, and for the five days following, I did the same. I gave up- the word was that people must have been notified in secret and were probably already chosen for the first five shows. Of course I was a bit disappointed,  but at least Clay had read my story, as he did all the others. THAT was something that I could treasure forever!!
I packed my suitcases for my little journey at the end of the week. .
On Tuesday night, I worked until 1:15 a.m. and then decided to pack it in as my plane was leaving in the morning and I needed my beauty sleep. (STOP LAUGHING)
I shut down my business computer and decided to check emails on my personal computer. I wanted to clean up the junk posts because I knew I would have hundreds by the time I got back.
I saw “Clayonline” and I thought for some reason of Clay Nation News. When I opened it I almost passed out!!  ”This is to notify you that your story has been selected……………..”
We were asked to not say anything to preserve the freshness of the reading (sounds like bread, huh)
I drew in my breath loudly and my son came running in to see if I was all right. I must have said “Omigod” hundreds of times. I thought I wouldn’t be able to sleep, but I did.

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon. We were to meet at the box office at 4:45. I met Pink Armchair (Julia), 2Old4Clay (Georgene) and another lady who to my embarrassment I don’t remember her name.

Mary came down after 5:00 and said Jamie would bring us backstage. Jamie is such a sweet sweet person! We went around the back of the stage. Then, basically, we were shown how to adjust the microphone due to our varying heights. You just grab hold, squeeze, and push it up or down.
Now THOSE instructions I found easy to remember! Adjusting the mike, I mean.

Anyway, Jesse needed us to read so that he could play a little music during our stories. We went in order, and I was third (first after intermission). Jamie gave us a black book and each story was printed on a white page. It was a larger print and easy to read-of course, I am nearsighted so it was easy to read anyway, but the fourth storyteller was able to read it without her glasses.
 When I was reading, I hesitated a bit because a couple of paragraphs had been cut from my story. I thought they were funny, but I read the story as is. After we were finished, Jesse stood up and applauded us.  I applauded him back. It was hot on the stage, and my mouth was dry, so Jamie got me a bottle of water. We received instructions to meet her at the same door after intermission.

I met the Shalla- smittenforclay from Clayversity- just the week before we had decided to room together as her travel plans had not worked out and I was staying alone. We went to the restaurant in the Marriott, and I had quesedillas- hold the onion (didn’t want to knock Clay over with my breath!!) However, I should have said “hold the peppers” because my mouth was ON FIRE!! I only ate one and a half. They must have overloaded with jalapeno’s, Tabasco, and hot peppers. I didn’t need to put blush on, that’s for sure!!

We went back to the venue, and watched the first part of the show.

Pink armchairs story was hysterical, and she told it in a very enthusiastic way. 2OldforClay at Clayversity was next-her story was about her son giving up Santa's visit- it was cute, and they both fit in well with the songs after them.

After the intermission, the second two readers went backstage and hung out with Jamie. She was giggling and whispering something to me about someone snoring. Turns out one of the stage hands was laid out on a piece of equipment taking a nap-he was a rather large man and he did NOT wake up while I was there. Then we spotted another stagehand lying down beside the other reader- I guess its exhausting work hauling equipment around.

When it was my turn, Jamie told me to go out. Now, Clay was finishing his song, so I sort of sidled out onto the stage until he was done. And then it was my turn. I really was not nervous, surprisingly enough. I tried to put feeling into my reading and look at the audience a few times. I did get a couple of laughs. When I completed my story, I walked back to Jamie and managed not to trip on anything. However, she told me that while I was talking, Sean’s plexiglass shield started to topple, and made a big bang. I must have been really into my story, because I heard nothing. They carried it off the stage during my talk!! I hope Clay thought I was a consummate professional and that nothing would faze me!! Actually, I was just oblivious and wanted to make sure I didn’t drop the book or miss some words.

I waited until the other girl had read, then Jamie took us back out. We chatted a bit over mundane things. I LOVE her accent- it’s thicker than Clay’s!!

After the show, Jamie again met us at the side door (fortunately right by the ladies room, so I was able to take care of whatever- luckily then I did NOT need depends when I saw Clay!!!)

He brought Quiana and Angela with him- and then he tried to guess our names and shook our hands- firm grip-long long fingers!! He talks with his hands, and you know he talks fast. Then he talked a little about why he cut a couple of our stories a bit- he said one story last night ran rather long, so he wanted to keep it brief to keep up interest.
So when he called my name <sigh> I went over to him and said So you didnt like my cockroaches, huh?? He then proceeded to explain that wasn’t the reason, it was just to shorten the stories a bit (Mine was two pages)
And I got a picture with Him, Angela and Quiana-he put his arm around me and I did around him. He is slender and I went into a fog when the pics were taken. He was wearing the vest and hadn’t put his jacket back on. (He did also wear pants, so you can put your tongues back in your mouths) Then he said that wait- I have something for you- ran into the other room and came back with our stories typed up nicely (And the original story was intact) He had put a nice little note on each and signed them. What a sweetie

Then, after another handshake, he was gone..........poof!! He looks wonderful- hair combed a little different to show forehead.
I love the way he is changing up the songs a little- and tonight there was a lot of deep resonating voice Clay-and he nailed those notes!!
My favorite song OHN-he was singing it when we came up behind the curtains- I told Jamie it was my absolute favorite song- especially sung by him.
We also spoke briefly with Angela and Quiana at the buses- Clay just came out, waved, and got on the bus. I have a feeling there wont be bus lines this year. No waves as he left, either.  He was watching CNN, we could see through the window.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  2007: Christmas in the Heartland Tour  |  Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN

gfxgfx
gfx