gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229528 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 02:03:45 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  2007: Christmas in the Heartland Tour  |  Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN  (Read 30685 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »
fhmmany2
ANN News Team

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 11:59:29 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations, Marilyn!       Can't wait to see your picture!!!!!!   
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2010, 11:04:09 PM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2007, 01:09:07 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola folks!! What a night!! I am so sorry I had to leave you flat in the middle of a conference call!!
As Meesa said, we were asked to not say anything to preserve the freshness of the reading (sounds like bread, huh)
Of course we were told to be at the box office at 4:45 and Mary came down after 5:00 and said Jamie would bring us backstage. Basically, we were shown how to adjust the microphone due to our varying heights. You just grab ahold, squeeze, and push it up or down.
Now THOSE instructions I found easy to remember! <I'm a BAAAAAADgirl!!!>

Anyway, Jesse needed us to read so that he could play a little music during our stories. We went in order, I was third. After we were finished, Jesse stood up and applauded us.  I applauded him back. Then Jamie got me a bottle of water, as I was thirsty. We were told to meet her at the door after intermission.

Pink armchairs story was hysterical, and she told it in a very enthusiastic way. 2OldforClay at Clayversity was next-her story was about her son giving up Santa's visit
After the intermission, when I cut you off, we went backstage and hung out with Jamie. She was whispering something to me about someone snoring. Turns out one of the stage hands was laid out on a piece of equipment taking a nap-he was a rather large man  and he did NOT wake up while I was there.
When it was my turn,  Jamie told me to go out. Now, Clay was finishing his song, so I sort of sidled out onto the stage until he was done. And then it was my turn. I really was not nervous, surprisingly enough. When I completed my story , I walked back to Jamie and managed not to trip on anything. However, she told me that while I was talking, Seans plexiglass shield started to topple, and made a big bang. I must have been really into my story, because I heard nothing. They carried it off the stage during my talk!!

After the show, Jamie again met us at the side door (fortunately right by the ladies room, so I was able to take care of whatever- luckily then I did NOT need depends when I saw Clay!!!)

He brought Quiana and Angela with him- and then he tried to guess our names and shook our hands- firm grip-long long fingers!! He talks a bit with his hands, and you know he talks fast. Then he talked a little bit about why he cut a couple of our stories a bit- he said one story last night ran rather long, so he wanted to keep it brief to keep up interest.
So when he called my name <sigh> I went over to him and said So you didnt like my cockroaches, huh?? He then proceeded to explain that wasnt the reason, it was just to shorten the stories a bit (Mine was two pages)
And I got a picture with Him, Angela and Quiana-he put his arm around me and I did around him. Then he said that wait- I have something for you- ran into the other room and came back with our stories typed up nicely (And the original story was intact) He had Put a nice little note on each and signed them. What a sweetie

Then, after another handshake, he was gone..........poof!! He looks wonderful- hair combed a little different to show forehead, and he was wearing his vest without the jacket.

I love the way he is changing up the songs a little- and tonight there was a lot of deep resonating voice Clay-and he nailed those notes!!
My favorite song OHN-he was singing it when we came up behind the curtains- I told Jamie it was my absolute favorite song- especially sung by him.
We also spoke briefly with Angela and Quiana at the buses- Clay just came out, waved, and got on the bus. I have a feeling there wont be bus lines this year. No waves as he left, either.  He was watching CNN, we could see through the window.

And YAY!! the Broadway strike is over!!! Spamalot, here we come. Toni7Babe at Clayversity saw it when we were in the restaurant. She announced it, and the whole place cheered!!!

Tired and going to bed- will post more tomorrow!!
If anyone can retrieve from Clayversity, toni has posted some yummalicious pics. She even got a couple of me. I sure do need a facelift!! yech

G'night!!i 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
wisconsinmaniac
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2007, 01:36:54 AM »   

MARILYN!   Great re-cap! You are one cool lady. I heard you say "intermission - I'm turning my phone off" . . and the  rest is history!  8)

This time, you weren't holding someone else's coat or anything.  It was YOUR turn!

It was great that you were with Jamie and got to meet Jesse, Angela and Quiana! And you got to talk to and touch The Man! 

You described your backstage experience with Clay so well.  Loved hearing about it!

Now get some sleep, you're headed to Waukegan!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2007, 05:06:28 AM »   

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Marilyn!!

Phillygirl!  Meesa!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!  I have to download some clack soon.   :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
Her
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2007, 06:18:13 AM »   

Marilyn, I would love to read your story...would you PM?

Thanks and congrats...can't wait to see your pix.  You lucky woman!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2010, 11:08:15 PM »
lovinclay
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2007, 06:28:24 AM »   

Oh my, Marilyn, your recap has me in tears......good ones!  That experience couldn't happen to a nicer lady!  I'm so dang happy for you, sweetie!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2010, 11:09:48 PM »
Glory
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »   

SEE GLORY WAS CORRECT SHE SAID MARILYN WOULD WIN!

I WISH I HAD TAKEN THAT EXTRA TICKET I WAS OFFERED.

CONGRADS TO MARILYN   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »
Pepe
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2007, 07:52:34 AM »   

MARILYN, I am so happy for you!  I am impressed lady, not being nervous!  I would have loved to be able to have heard you read your story.  What wonderful memories for you!    

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2007, 08:35:12 AM »   

Marilyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When did you know you won!  I had a feeling you would too.   Finally, you get a picture with Clay and an arm around him.  I knew it would happen for you some day and now with a story too.  That is fantastic news!!!  I am happy for you!   I am glad I came to this threat to see this!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »
lorilovesgolf
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2007, 08:37:10 AM »   

Can you post your story here so we can read it???

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2010, 11:12:56 PM »
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2007, 09:00:23 AM »   

Marilyn - please post your Memory (Now you have a new Christmas Memory!)   I can't get to Clayversity - only have time for this one Board - maybe somebody will bring your pictures over from there. I hope Clay & Company won't take too long to send your Meet and Greet photo - can't wait to see it! Congratulations Again!!!! 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2010, 11:13:37 PM »
Prissy
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2007, 09:02:59 AM »   

Marilyn,

How wonderful!  It couldn't have happened to a nicer gal!!  What a wonderful experience for you!  Thanks for sharing with us.  I just wish I had been there to see you read your story.    I hope you will post your story for us.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »
paclayfan
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2007, 09:19:13 AM »   

Marilyn 

I'm so very happy for you!  What an awesome experience for you!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Deanna

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2007, 09:20:23 AM »     

Good morning!!

I will post my story when I get home on Saturday. Its on my home computer.
Heading off to breakfast and then Waukegan!!

Love You All!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »
NCSandhillsDeb
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2007, 09:36:21 AM »   

Marilyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

How exciting.  This could not have happened to a more deserving person.  Can't wait to read your story.

Debbie

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  2007: Christmas in the Heartland Tour  |  Nov. 28, 2007-Cellcert: Morris Auditorium South Bend IN

gfxgfx
gfx