gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 10:30:22 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27  (Read 4924 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:35:19 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« on: February 26, 2004, 11:26:48 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
America loves a runner-up
Clay Aiken didn't get enough viewer votes to win the second American Idol, but in many other respects he now emerges as its No. 1 attraction.
By ERIC DEGGANS, Times TV/Media Critic
Published February 26, 2004

Say what you will about Clay Aiken.

Spoof the hair, usually arranged in a sprouting haystack of reddish-brown plumage that could make a rooster jealous. Scoff at the aw-shucks manner that roars into high gear as he describes the one word on his new album he'll never sing in concert (the "D-word," he calls it, unashamedly).

Lob it all his way - the Howdy Doody lookalike jokes, the is-he-or-isn't-he quips, the new-school Manilow jibes - because, as he prepares for his first major concert tour on his own, fresh off appearances on NBC's Ed and Saturday Night Live, one thing is clear.

He's the guy who really won the last American Idol.

"To some extent, it would be nice to not be known as the runner-up for the rest of my life," said Aiken, speaking to reporters on a telephone conference call a few weeks ago. "To some extent, we all kind of want to step away from (American Idol) a little bit, but not too much, because I have to remember that if it hadn't been for the show, I sure wouldn't be on this call today."

Aiken was the runnerup in technical terms, but consider the evidence: A Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly cover boy since his loss to Ruben Studdard in the last Idol finale, Aiken has sold nearly 1-million units of his first single, This Is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water (making it the top-selling single in 2003), and more than 2-million units of his album, Measure of a Man.

Now, less than a year after his Idol loss, he's the one co-headlining a 30-city tour with the show's first winner, Kelly Clarkson.

Studdard? Well, he has a guest shot coming up on a UPN comedy.

(Okay, he does have a Grammy nomination, which Aiken didn't get, a tour of his own and an infectious new single, Sorry 2004. So don't bother writing that protest letter.)

"I often wonder what's going through Ruben's head and his heart," said Idol judge Paula Abdul at a January news conference. "I think a lot of people have expressed . . . "(Ruben) doesn't get to feel like he won' because of Clay."

Aiken, who has taken pains to defuse any talk of rivalry with Studdard, said life these days is quite different from his pre-Idol time as a camp counselor and special education teacher-in-training in North Carolina.

"This morning, I came out of my house, got into the car and somebody drove past and recognized me in my driveway. . . . She chased me to NBC Studios," said Aiken, whose early "can-you-believe-it" amazement has given way to a slightly weary resignation over the antics of his fans, dubbed Claymates or the Clay-Nation.

"We've had people tattoo my name on their back," he said, his North Carolina-bred drawl flavoring his words. "I have some people who think I'm Jesus. I can't really do the grocery store on my own anymore. But I think the tattoo on the back was the craziest one . . . and the most flattering at the same time."

So what gives? How does a pale, awkward 25-year-old who comes off like a Southern-fried Rick Astley seize the hearts and minds of America's CD-buying public?

Blame the marketing juggernaut that is American Idol.

Since the days of Dick Clark and Ed Sullivan, savvy music-biz types have always known TV is good for selling records. It's simple math: More people watch the lowest-rated TV show than buy the biggest records; so get a music star on TV and he or she will reach an audience larger than they'd ever get near otherwise.

Until Idol, the equation was usually one-way. Now, the entertainment industry has a hugely popular TV show that also breeds juggernaut recording artists.

Forget about Britney, Justin, Christina and either of those crazy Jackson kids. The next big Pop Music Thing might just come off a TV soundstage in Los Angeles, with management contract and record deal already included.

"If you let the public make the choices, weird things happen," said famously caustic Idol judge Simon Cowell in January. "I honestly think Clay Aiken has changed this competition forever. Because I think it's becoming incredibly personality-led now, inevitably."

Also as inevitably, the prefab nature of the Idol experience - much of the material for Aiken's record was chosen before he knew RCA Records would offer him a deal - leads to charges that the TV show that may be saving the pop music industry is also killing it.

The reasoning: A TV show outlining how a plain-folks guy like Aiken was scrubbed, coached and publicized into a major recording star removes the mystique performers such as Prince and Michael Jackson worked years to cultivate.

Where pop stars once felt like unreachable talents - special performers creating singular works that fans absolutely had to have - today's pop stars can be picked up off a street corner and plugged into a megamarketing machine that needs little from them other than a good voice and winning smile. (These days, even the show's rejects - most notably off-key warbler William "She Bangs" Hung - are performing on TV shows and negotiating record deals.)

The middle-of-the-road pop tunes filling Aiken's record also lead some critics to wonder if the pop-star-by-committee process, sanctioned by a mainstream TV audience, isn't dangerously watering down the product.

From the country-rock bounce of When You Say You Love Me to the Elton Johnish piano-fed pop of No More Sad Songs and the big-chorus hook of his latest single,Invisible, Aiken's Measure of a Man is a meticulously crafted record featuring a great singer that also seems about the most generic blockbuster pop album in recent memory.

Idol judge Randy Jackson, a producer and session bassist whose credits include Mariah Carey and Journey, said such dynamics are to be expected.

"I think the albums are okay . . . (but) the success of (the first album by) any of the winners or runners-up is really more about the success of the show," he said. "I think it's going to be the second album that's going to determine if they really, really have it. . . . Hopefully, that artist has found themselves and really (brings that) to the public."

Even Aiken said a line slipped into the midtempo rock/pop tune I Survived You that he should have nixed: telling the song's subject, an amorphous former flame, "I'll be damned if I have thoughts of you."

"It was actually the first song I recorded. . . . I probably didn't have the gumption to stand up to a few things," he said. "I still think we did exactly what I set out to do: make good music without offending anybody. Make something everybody could listen to in the car without have to turn it down (for children)."

It's this side that seems most different in Aiken from those early days on Idol.

Even as he continues working the grateful, goofy guy shtick with reporters - helped by a choirboy image and self-deprecating manner - it's obvious Aiken is learning to take a little more control, even during brief interviews.

Don't try asking about his estranged father or why he wasn't nominated for a Grammy (when Studdard and Clarkson were); such queries are shrugged off with confidence. Ask if he feels daunted trying to work up a set list for a major concert trek when he has just an album's worth of songs under his belt and no experience touring as a solo act, and you get another bracing shot of self-belief.

"Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I don't really see any major challenges here," he said. "I've looked at the schedule for this tour, and it's nowhere near as challenging as the schedule for the American Idol 2 tour. I was talking to Kelly about how she's gone to so many concerts, she's got so many ideas. . . . So I'm kind of stealing ideas from her."

To be sure, if anybody understands the pressure Aiken faces, it is Clarkson.

As the winner of the first American Idol competition (based on the British show Pop Idol, the competition aired in other countries before the United States), Clarkson did everything first: first Idol-fed hit single (A Moment Like This), first million-selling post-Idol album (Thankful) and first post-Idol flop (the film From Justin to Kelly).

"A lot of people are saying we made it the easy way. . . . I wish, for a day, they could have sat in my shoes," Clarkson said. "One day, you're not doing anything, the next day, you're up from 9 a.m. to 2 in the morning rehearsing and working every day and performing on national TV twice a week. Everything gets thrown at you."

And don't even bother broaching the One-Hit-Wonder issue.

"I don't mind being the test case for whether there's life after Idol. . . . I know that I'm here for the long term," she said. "The thing with me is, I'm very determined and focused, and I know what I want. So there's no doubt I'm going to be around."

For Aiken, if there's anything to be learned from Clarkson's post-Idol experience, it's that singers from the show must step into other areas of showbiz with great care.

"Part of what made that movie a little more . . . difficult to swallow was the fact it happened so fast," he said, trying hard for diplomacy. "Justin (Guarini, runnerup on the first Idol) and Kelly went from being very successful on the show to trying to parlay that into something else very quickly. What we've been trying to do, and what Kelly has since done and what Ruben is doing, is trying to do things more slowly."

Still, Aiken knows he might not have much time until a new American Idol winner - or runnerup - emerges from the show's third edition, now airing, to steal a bit of his spotlight.

"I have prayed every single day that no guys make it into the Top 10 this year," he said, laughing. "The public really does pick . . . what they're in the mood for and what they don't have. Kelly was the girl next door, and there wasn't necessarily a female singer out there everyone could relate to. We didn't have a skinny, dorky kid from the South, so they picked me. And (this) year, they'll see a void and pick something else. . . . And as long as there are no guys, I'll be okay."

AT A GLANCE

Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken appear in concert at 7 p.m. Friday at the St. Pete Times Forum, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa. Tickets $35 and $45; 727 898-2100, (813) 287-8844, www.ticketmaster.com

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:58:15 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
totoclark
  JUST GOT BACK FROM TAMPA CONCERT
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 11:43:53 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was wonderful!!  Kelly was on first.  She did an excellent job.  Changed clothes 3 times.  Then Clay came on.  The corowd was so loud it was Deafening!!  I loved it.

Felt bad for Clay.  Both Kelly and him had very strained voices .  Clay had a very difficult time and kept apoligising.  He had to stop a couple times.  I do not think he is going to like his Tampa concert.  He is such a perfectionist!!  All in all it was great...  Clay talked on some fan's cell phone and sang to it.  The girl on the other end just kept screaming.  Could not beleive it.  He also sand happy birthday to a fan in the audience.
He was very personable and down to earth.  Wonderful concert!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »
Moonshot
Administrator
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 04:16:22 AM » 

First of all I'm glad I survived the 2 hour plus trip with my family...barely... and only by focusing on the instruction manual for my new camera and also thinking about what great things lie ahead.

I was in the ninth row, about 4 rows back from the end of the catwalk and a little to the right. I've got photos that I posted in another thread already but I'll bring them over into the Photo Album later - after I get some sleep.

Before the concert we had a Jerome encounter. My niece had to have a cast put on her right foot and  leg to help correct a problem with her ankle. The trek from the parking garage to the stadium was slow going and a bit tough for her on her crutches. So I carried her piggyback from the garage to the stadium. Though I love my niece dearly there was no way I was going to be able to schlep her up the all the steps into the stadium and live. So they said we could use the elevator in the box office. Jerome was standing right outside the elevator talking with a woman and her son. He called the elevator for us and said to me that it looked like my niece was getting heavy for me. Very true. She's 11 and though she's slender she weighs a tad more than she did at 3. My arms were jello. We stepped inside the elevator and we were gone. Jerome stayed outside the elevator. I had wanted to tell him that we (the non-freaky, non-overzealous fans) appreciated him and thank him for the job he does. But as usual I wasn't thinking and being in fangirly mode  :roll:  didn't help matters. So I missed my chance to tell him that dangit.  :(

And Clay completely rocked the house. Sure his voice was giving out at a couple of places but he still gave it all he had and more. He loves what he does and wants to do all he can with each performance. He was incredible and gave so much of himself to the fans through the singing and interaction and high energy. As soon as I heard his voice on that opening song my knees went weak and I couldn't even see him yet, only hear that lovely, soul-shaking voice. He entered through the back of the arena at floor level and walked up the left hand side of the floor section. Being on the right I couldn't see him until he was up on the stage. That just added to it all though. Hearing that voice, building the anxiousness, and then there he was in all his glory - bajillion clothing layers and all.  :D

He had the greatest smile - I just love to see him smile, happy, and singing and that laugh - GAH!

His fashion ensemble consisted of the ever-present white t-shirt, yellow collared undershirt, green long-sleeved shirt, blue (wasn't denim but I don't have a clue what it was) jacket with stripes down the back and a little at the sleeves. The sleeves of the jacket turned to sweater material at the forearm and fit somewhat snug past his wrist. He had some denim-colored cargo type pants on that looked to be made of a soft material. He also wore his comfy sneakers. And even though the outfit looked a bit odd, it grew on me and he can wear some crazy combinations and make it work. It was hip and comfy and Clay.

He sang the same set as in Georgia. During Perfect Day he motioned to a girl in the front row at the end of the catwalk to hand him her CD poster and while he sang he signed it for her and gave her his dazzling smile.

I love the "Love, Love, Love" song (can't remember the actual name of it at the moment) it is so uplifting and he smiles throughout the whole song.

Between songs he came back out on the catwalk and said "it's somebody's birthday" (he evidently saw a sign someone was holding). When he found who it was he crouched down, looked directly at her, smiled that heart-filling smile and sang Happy Birthday to her without looking anywhere else until he was done.

The duet he has with Kimberley Locke that he sings with Quiana is wonderful and I can't wait for Kim's CD to be released. I had planned to buy it anyway since she has a great voice but this will just be a huge bonus on it. As usual Clay sings it with such feeling and emotion. GAH!

During Invisible he was jumping all over and he even did a bunch of tugs and clutches laughing  the whole time. After Invisible was Run to Me which he did very well except for the higher, long, strong notes and he just backed off them a little. His voice cracked and gave out the most during this song. Professional that he is he just kept going and finished the entire song and during the song acted as if nothing was wrong. When he was finished he gave the "Clay Smile/Smirk" and said "well, at least you know I'm not lip-synching" and laughed back up the catwalk.  He is such a perfectionist and I hope that he doesn't dwell on that one performance for too long. It just shows he's human, things happen. We all still love him.

Next was the acoustic set. AWESOME. He could do an entire acoustic album and it would sell like wildfire. Just THAT VOICE and a guitar/piano. It was inspiring. The voice just soars to you, wraps around you, goes straight to your soul, and fills your heart to overflowing. THEN of course is "When Doves Cry". The acoustic part makes your hair stand on end. He nailed every note. I absolutely love the arrangement he has for this song. Towards the end of the acoustic part during "screeeeeaaaaaam" of course we all screamed. Afterwards he just looked around, shook his head and smiled. Then he waited. Waited for us to show him the love and we did. He did it again right before he ROCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. He truly enjoys this song, it is evident on his face and in his actions. He goes from the acoustical quiet genius to the rock star in 2 seconds. He sings the heck out of the song and you would never know his voice was strained just moments ago. He put every ounce of his being into it and delivered a musical masterpiece. The things he does vocally with those notes just slams into you and all you can think is...well...nothing actually! Because THAT VOICE and the talent and strength and everything behind it just grabs ahold of you and takes you for a ride right along with it. I think it is my absolute favorite performance out of the entire concert. Sure I enjoy the rest and I'd watch them all over and over again but this one...THIS one...I...it...I just can't put that feeling into words yet.

Then he sang "The Way". Before he did, as an introduction he said "obviously you all know you are going to have to help me out on this one" in reference to his voice again (a clue that the imperfection was bugging the crap out of him). But he sang it beautifully on his own. The man needs help from no one no matter what he says.

Then all too soon came the finale of "Open Arms" with Kelly. He had to change up a few of the notes but still sang the heck out of it. It was sad and exhilarating at the same time. Sad because I knew the concert was going to be over when the song was done. I didn't want it to end. The show was incredible, I enjoyed every second, Clay was Clay and delivered a performance I won't ever forget and made my heart sing with joy.

And I really enjoyed Kelly's performance as well. I rooted for her in AI1 and was happy when she won. I was among the first to buy her CD. She is high energy and you can tell she is loving the performing and the fan interaction and everything that goes along with the tour. Her acoustic sets of "Beautiful Disaster" and "Thankful" are outstanding. They both bring up a well of emotion when she sings them. Kelly and Clay are a perfect match for this tour and I'm glad that they did it.

It's now 4:15 in the A.M. and I'm STILL on a fangirl high.  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 11:59:40 PM »
Her
Tampa
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 06:34:13 AM » 

Moonshot, thank you for your rendition of last night.  Daughter & I head to Miami for tonight and as I read posts from everyone who's seen the Tour thus far, it's hard to believe, but I'm even more excited than before.  It just keeps building up.  We drive for 2 hours as well, but will stay the night and head home tomorrow.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:08 AM »
Leveland
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 06:58:47 AM » 

Michelle thanks for staying up late to take care of all of us.  Your Report made me feel giddy, excited, worried, and awe inspired.  I felt like I was standing right there with you.. Your Photos are to die for.  Great Job.  I can't wait to see the video.  We really love all that you do for us.

Love, Terry

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »
claylady
  CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 08:21:13 AM » 

Moonshot....

Your review was wonderful.  Thank you so much.  It made me feel like I was right there with you, enjoying the thrill and magic of Clay.  My concert is next week.  The more I read about the concerts, the more my anticipation grows.  I am so glad everyone attending the concerts is having  such a memorable time as I know I will when my time comes around.  I can hardly wait for "When Doves Cry"  Just the thought of seeing and hearing Clay again in person makes me crazy.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 09:25:38 AM » 

Thank you Moonshot.  I didn't sleep very well last night because I went on our site about 11:30p.m. and saw the report that Clay's voice was strained and missing a few words from some of his songs.  I was so worried about him, but after reading your report of the show, I feel better for the fact that he pulled it off.  I could just picture him being so upset because he wasn't perfect for the crowd.  He really does love everyone of them.
I wouldn't care if he had to reschedule any concerts, just really afraid of him being disappointed with the strained voice.  I hope he will be able to rest soon.  Personally, I wish they had scheduled a couple of days in between each concert.  They have a long way to go yet.  I just adore Clay so much.  Your description, no, all the descriptions of his shows are overwhelming my emotions and I don't see him until March 8.  I will be needing crutches just to get to my seat from all this weakness.  Thanks again,
Linda in CT

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:35 AM »
Clayton Clayniac
  CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 09:28:20 AM » 

Writeups re Tampa concert:

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/28/Artsandentartainment/Clay_soars__Kelly_rus.shtml

Clay soars, Kelly rushes
By RICK GERSHMAN
Published February 28, 2004

TAMPA - Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken followed starmaking turns on American Idol with top-selling singles and albums. Friday at the St. Pete Times Forum, they tested whether their talents could resonate beyond the confines of the TV screen.

It wasn't presented to be a competition, but come on - these two got their careers from a competition. And while Clarkson was the first American Idol champion, Aiken - the second-season runnerup - easily stole the show.

The co-headliners followed opening act The Neu Sisters with separate sets, except for a show-capping duet of Journey's Open Arms. They alternate the opening and closing slots each night.

Clarkson was first up Friday, and her set played nothing like a true headlining gig. Instead, it was largely rushed and graceless.

A ponytailed Clarkson, while in good voice, sang with little passion and even seemed distracted. She steamrolled through most of her album Thankful like she was in a Fear Factor challenge, with barely a breath between songs.

Her delivery was largely uninspired, improving only a little with her set closers: The Idol signature A Moment Like This and her hit single Miss Independent. She sang them in a T-shirt that read "Clay Rocks" - ultimately her one resonating statement of the night.

Aiken ran right off with the show, dramatically appearing from the back of the arena to lead the band through a cover of Mr. Mister's 1980s hit Kyrie, rousing the crowd of 19,823. All night, he was charismatic and assured. Unlike Clarkson, he seemed completely at home onstage.

True, Aiken's smaller-than-life appearance was only magnified - or is that minimized - by the arena around him.

When Aiken sang I Will Carry You off his album Measure of a Man, one had to wonder: Clay, just exactly whom could you possibly carry? Mini Me? Whitney Houston?

It's too bad some of Aiken's material isn't better: The cheesy verses of I Survived You were indistinguishable from a Jack Black parody. But darned if Aiken - no doubt a fan of the word "darned" - didn't preach it like it was gospel, and darned if the crowd didn't buy every syllable.

Aiken closed by aping Prince - come to think of it, there's a guy he could carry - with a cover of When Doves Cry.

Few sights on earth could be stranger than Aiken dancing amorously with a lovely backup singer, crooning to her "the sweat of your body covers me . . . can you picture this?"

She's can't, we can't and Clay can't, but he knows it, and that makes him immensely appealing.

He's in on the joke, but his talent is serious, and Friday he seemed every inch the star. As for Clarkson - how about From Justin to Kelly II?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:03:03 AM »
Pepe
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 09:51:06 AM » 

Moonshot, thanks for letting us feel like we went to the concert with you.  Great review  and your feelings really came through.  When I first saw the concert schedule I just knew they were pushing it as far as Clay and Kelly's voices.  I am sure Clay is learning a lot this year and when he does another tour will give his self two or three days rest between appearances.  We understand what is happening when he misses a note but you know his critics will jump at every chance to pick on him.  So glad you enjoyed the concert and got home safe. 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »
Pepe
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 10:08:22 AM » 

You know I am just going to have to lighten up a bit.  I am way to protective of our boy.  Just read the reviews of the Tampa newspapers.  It looks like they have recognized that our boy is a STAR!!! :P

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 12:03:53 AM »
mrs. c.
 CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 10:55:36 AM » 

Thank you so much Moonshot for this review, everything you felt during that evening came thru, you write from your heart!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 12:04:10 AM »
houstonclayfan
  CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2004, 11:09:52 AM » 

Thank you, Moonshot for all that you do for us !  Your review and pictures were awesome !  I cant wait until March 11 (12 more days, Renee  :P )!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 12:04:32 AM »
grammaof6
CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2004, 11:54:01 AM » 

Once again MOONSHOT - thank you! You know I love ya girl.

Just read the two Tampa newspaper reviews posted. Both are raves of Clay. Doesn't seem that his voice problems affected the general opinion that Clay is a star and stole the show! YAHOO - They are starting to get it.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »
heartaiken
Tampa
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2004, 12:12:40 PM » 

Thanks so much! Your review brought me to tears, I felt what it was like to be there. By the way am I the only cry baby, cause I haven't heard anyone talk about needing kleenex, I plan on having my supply ready. Clay if you're anyway reading this web site, please take care of that wonderful voice, I know we can't get enough but we don't want you to get sick for us.

Can't wait for 3/30 in San Diego!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 12:05:31 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Re: Tampa
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2004, 01:39:19 PM » 

Moonshot, thanks for a great review!  It sounds like you remembered much more than in Charlotte.   :

By the way am I the only cry baby, cause I haven't heard anyone talk about needing kleenex, I plan on having my supply ready.

Yes heartaiken, take some kleenex.  Tears of joy are just as wet.  :

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLAY IN TAMPA 2/27

gfxgfx
gfx