gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229511 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:32:48 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR  (Read 10625 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »
Claymate16
  THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2004, 05:49:22 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES!!! HE'S COMING TO MICHIGAN!!!! I've already made about 4 signs to take with me... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »
Leveland
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2004, 06:05:48 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats to all of you who get to see Clay.. We don't get him here.. I am so upset.  I have never seen him.. I guess I better win the Lottery..

We only get Kelly at the Friggen Rodeo..
 :'(

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »
Lainey
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2004, 06:11:09 PM » 

Hey guys - I was just on Dana and friends geocities site and they have posted a listing of the concert dates and venues - and Oh no!!! it looks like Toronto isn't on the list!!!! What will we Claynadians do if this is true ???? Can anyone verify if the official list is out there ? I thought that it wasn't being announced until Monday the 19th ( looks like the next closest place to Toronto- Buffalo isn't on the list either - oh well if it's final and true - I guess we'll have to do a lot of travelling to see OMC - maybe we can meet up with some of you fellow claymaniacs - when we venture down to your state for the concert. Anyone with info PLEASE  let me know!!!!!

Thanks

Lainey( it's really cold -40 c., and snowy here in Toronto - we need some good news to brighten our lives here - always hopeful!!!)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »
Anonymous
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2004, 06:58:22 PM » 

From Red Hot Topic:

This is supposedly the release that was sent to all the radio stations in concurance with the promotions of the Clay/Kelly Tour:

UNDER NO CIRCUMTANCES CAN THIS TOUR BE ASSOCIATED WITH AMERICAN IDOL.THE PERFORMERS CANNOT BE LABELED AN AMERICAN IDOL OR RUNNER UP.NO FLYERS WITH AMERICAN IDOL CAN BE DISTRIBUTED WITH THE USE OF THE WORDS "AMERICAN IDOL"
NO PROMOTION OF THE CONCERT IN ANY WAY CAN BE USED WITH THE CONNECTION OF AMERICAN IDOL.THEY ALSO ARE FORBIDDEN TO USE THE AMERICAN IDOL THEME IN ANY PROMOTION.

Interesting.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »
LiftClayUp
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2004, 07:16:56 PM » 

It is hard to believe this is a completed list.  The only Texas site is a smaller arena in Grand Prarie Texas.    I don't think they will be able to fit the Burleson Crowd much less Clay fans.

It's hard to believe someone would schedule Detroit  on Mar 11th then Winston Salem NC. Mar 13 then Grand Prairie on Mar 19.  Looks like some of cities in the center of the country got missed so they could cover a third venue in NC.

If this sounds like sour grapes it is because it is.    How could they leave Houston out???  Leveland I am really upset for you and the rest of the Houston and south Texas fans.  Even if you were willing to drive to Dallas the arena they picked will not handle the whole Texas Clay contengency.  I doublt if it will handle the Dallas group, and if the bunch from Oklahoma heads south ( OKC isn't on the list either) since Dallas is closer than KC and St. Louis. 

I am hoping and praying that between Winston-Salem and St. Louis there could be more venues.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2010, 10:16:49 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2004, 07:31:23 PM » 

If this sounds like sour grapes it is because it is.    How could they leave Houston out???  Leveland I am really upset for you and the rest of the Houston and south Texas fans.  Even if you were willing to drive to Dallas the arena they picked will not handle the whole Texas Clay contengency.  I doublt if it will handle the Dallas group, and if the bunch from Oklahoma heads south ( OKC isn't on the list either) since Dallas is closer than KC and St. Louis. 

We definitely got shafted.  The rodeo messed us up, big time !  I just dont get it. (Many many tears)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2010, 10:17:20 PM »
LiftClayUp
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2004, 08:09:26 PM » 

I just went to a site called Kelly Clarkson Express.  They state she is doing a Rodeo show with Hilary Duff in Austin on March 17.  That's is why their are no south Texas venues.   They could have one at College Station or hell just have a Clay concert the same nights as those Rodeos and reverse the towns.  Houston on March 17 and Austin on March 16.

Can't see why the Clay fans have to suffer or should Clay financially.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2004, 08:23:00 PM » 

Can't see why the Clay fans have to suffer or should Clay financially.

Me neither. Sigh.  Why cant Kelly play the rodeos AND a full concert in Houston ?  I am so frustrated.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »
Lainey
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2004, 08:43:39 PM » 

Hey Texas claymaniacs - I hear you and feel your pain - looks like there  is no Toronto concert - or even Buffalo or Pittsburgh - Detroit is the closest for us - I see lots of travel in my future. As the old song goes - " I will follow him, follow him wherever he may go" That voice demands sacrifice - so if I have to travel thousands of km ( sorry I'm Canadian - hundreds of miles - so be it)
 Seems like there are a few days off in the middle of the tour - although I'm glad Clay may get some much needed rest  - the selfish claymaniac part of me wishes he could fill those dates by coming somehwere close to you and us and any other Clay place that feels left out right now.
At least we will be able to get our hands on the Solitaire / the  Way single
soon enough.

Stay strong Clay friends ! Clay is always in our hearts and souls.

Lainey

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2004, 05:47:45 PM » 

MEET AND GREETS

I've had lots of PMs about 'meet and greets' at the concert, so I thought I would address it here so I don't have to answer each of you individually.  (Sorry, but thanks for understanding!) 

I honestly don't know if there will be backstage passes issued, or formal meet and greet sessions planned.  They are sometimes arranged by the local radio stations so you might want to contact them and ask if they will be sponsoring one.

I do know that during the AI concert, formal meet and greets were held before the concert at the venue itself.  You had to show up early in the afternoon and get in line and get a wristband or some kind of pass in order to participate.

I assume we'll know after the first concert and you can then decide accordingly if you want to pursue that venture.  Since I'm not really a 'meet and greet' kind of gal, I don't have any experience with this... wish I could help more!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2004, 05:09:48 PM » 

TICKETMASTER IS LOADED FOR RALEIGH & CHARLOTTE (AND TAMPA)

Mon, 03/01/04
7:00 pm  KELLY CLARKSON AND CLAY AIKEN RBC Center
Raleigh, NC More Info
on sale 01/24/2004 10:00 am 

Tue, 02/24/04
7:00 pm  Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken Charlotte Coliseum
Charlotte, NC More Info
presale begins 01/23/2004 9:00 am 

Fri, 02/27/04
7:00 pm  Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken St. Pete Times Forum
Tampa, FL More Info
on sale 01/24/2004 10:00 am   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2004, 09:24:13 AM » 

I would suggest using a mapping program to plot your course around town if you are visiting an unfamiliar city for the concert.

Two good programs are MAPQUEST and MAPBLAST.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR

gfxgfx
gfx