gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229521 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:50:05 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR  (Read 10628 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:33:19 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« on: December 16, 2003, 11:16:11 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AKA THE INDEPENDENT TOUR  :

UPDATE

1-7-04 :: Tour Announcement from Clay !

It's official. After weeks of speculation and message boards full of rumors, I'm excited to announce that Kelly Clarkson and I are joining forces to co-headline a national tour, beginning late-february. We are thrilled about sharing the stage for this momentous next step in both of our careers! We are working hard to confirm dates and locations. As soon as we know we will pass them along to you first. Keep your eyes out for the news on the ONLY official sources for information - www.clayaiken.com AND www.clayonline.com.
Health, love and happiness.
Clay

This thread is for all discussion of Clay's upcoming but yet to be announced concert tour, possibly and most likely with his label mate Kelly Clarkson.  Of course we don't have any dates, or cities, or details of any kind as of yet, but hey!  We don't need no stinkin details!

Speculation, prediction, wailing and happy dancing are all welcome.  We will have dissected, analyzed, chewed up and spit out any and all thoughts, ideas and yes, even facts! before we have finished.

So please post any and all information, dreams, desires, wishes and even actual facts here.

But most importantly, have fun!  :mrgreen:

RUMORED CONCERT DATES

March 13 - Schottenstein Center, Columbus, OH
March 31 - Arco Arena, Sacramento, CA
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:41:40 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
 « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 11:20:20 PM » 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll go first!  Did you know the artist has to cover the majority of expenses while on tour?  Did you know the artist also reaps most of the profits while on tour?  Here's an article I found about the contractural obligations of some artists while on tour.  It refers mostly to hip hop artists, but it still provides an interesting basis for discussion of the finanacial aspects of touring.

Concert CashForget CD Sales — the Real Money for Hot Acts Is in Concert Tours
By Peter Kafka, Forbes.com
Special to ABCNEWS.com
July 11

In 100-degree heat, the crowd starts to build in front of a Las Vegas nightclub two hours before the doors swing open. By 9:30 p.m., 1,500 sweaty people are packed inside, where it's almost as hellish as it is outdoors.

Onstage, though, Jay-Z barely breaks a sweat. The languid rapper, who has accessorized a military-style T-shirt with diamond-encrusted dog tags, gets his fans to do much of the work: They rhyme along with him during each song, finishing his verses when he holds out the microphone. One hour later the rapper walks offstage, working his way through the kitchen. His entourage of 20 retires to the green room to joke and pass around vodka. Jay-Z enters a separate suite and sits, alone, with two bodyguards parked out front. Graced with the requisite rapper scowl, the predictable rap sheet and an ear for a catchy hook, Jay-Z will repeat this ritual through the summer on a much larger, more lucrative scale. The club show is a warm-up for the 33-city Rock the Mic tour he is headlining with 50 Cent, the muscled, glowering rapper du jour. Touring with them are the hyperactive Busta Rhymes, the playful Missy Elliott and several other acts. Playing to crowds of 20,000, Jay-Z should net around $100,000 per performance, or more than $1,000 per minute onstage. That's $3.3 million or more for a summer of work, good pay even for Jay-Z, who has sold 30 million records. Musicians of every stripe will make a pile of money touring this summer. The Dixie Chicks, the country crooners who came under fire for opposing the war in Iraq, sold more than $45 million in tickets for 57 shows in less than a week. Eminem, the white-rapper-turned-actor who sold more discs last year than any other musician, sold $5.2 million worth of tickets to 88,000 people for two upcoming sold-out shows at Ford Field in his home city of Detroit. Graying geezer groups reap the biggest riches, bankrolled by baby boomers who can afford stiff ticket prices. You could see The Who for free at Woodstock in 1969; last year tickets to see the band's two surviving members creak onstage sold for an average of $77 apiece. The loftiest perches on Pollstar magazine's annual list of highest-grossing acts are held mostly by aging rock stars: Last year Paul McCartney ($103.3 million), who charged a top ticket price of $250, the Rolling Stones ($87.9 million) and Cher ($73.6 million) topped the charts. McCartney plowed through 90 dates in 14 months, playing two-and-a-half-hour shows for half a million people in Rome, 100,000 in Moscow's Red Square and 35,000 in the Beatles' birthplace of Liverpool, U.K. By the time the Eagles wrap up the 40-date first leg of their supposedly last tour, dubbed Farewell I (wink-wink), they will have earned at least $30 million in guarantees — before T-shirt sales. Even Cher, whose own farewell tour has stretched out for more than a year, will stay on the road through the end of August, flanked by the mechanical elephant that appears on stage with her. Labels Seek Slice of Concerts The concert business has never been bigger, in dissonant contrast to the recorded-music business. While music sales have dropped for three years in a row, from $13 billion to $11.5 billion in 2002, hurt by Napster-style digital piracy and a lackluster flow of hot new acts, the tour business has climbed for four years straight, from $1.3 billion in 1998 to $2.1 billion last year. Thus musicians increasingly rely on road shows for their income. Performers frequently moan about never seeing a royalty check from their record label, no matter how many discs they sell. But a top concert draw can take home 35 percent of the night's gate and up to 50 percent of the dollar flow from merchandise sold at the show. The labels get none of it. "The top 10 percent of artists make money selling records. The rest go on tour," says Scott Welch, who manages singers Alanis Morissette and LeAnn Rimes. Now the music labels, hungry for revenue from any source, are mulling over whether to make a grab for a piece of the tour biz. One company already has: In October EMI Recorded Music signed a deal with Brit singer Robbie Williams that gives the label a cut of the pop star's merchandise, publishing, touring revenue and sponsorship. Williams, unknown here but huge everywhere else, is a former boy-band star who has sold 26 million records since 1995 and regularly sells out concert crowds. His current European tour includes three nights at England's cavernous Knebworth Stadium, where he will cavort in front of 150,000 people each night. Hence EMI's willingness to pay him an estimated $20 million for a 25 percent stake for his nonmusic revenue, in addition to hefty per-album advances. EMI officials say they are pursuing similar deals with other musicians, both superstars and new acts. Other label executives are eyeing the idea, albeit less openly. Vivendi's Island Def Jam may create a tour division. At Sony Music, before he left the top job earlier this year, the embattled Tommy Mottola is said to have asked several top acts to share the wealth; they demurred.

ABC NEWS LINK

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »
ClayAI2
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 05:27:35 PM » 

Wow..this has brought me out of hiding! :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
Pamela
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 07:56:12 PM » 

Welcome to Claymaniacs ClayAI2!
So what exactly brings you out of hiding?
 :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
claylady
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 10:01:29 AM » 

I am just dying to find out more about Clay's tour.  I can hardly wait to find out the dates and places.  Please God let Cleveland be on the list.   My friend and I are going to see the play Saturday Night Fever in February.  We got tickets to a matinee because I don't know when Clay's tour will be.  I don't want to have a Clay conflict of interest.  Clay always comes first.  Until I find out the details, I don't want to make any other plans.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »
Pamela
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 11:15:10 AM » 

Here is the official fan club statement about any upcoming tour situations:

Information about tours, appearances, releases, etc., will be announced when they have been confirmed. Please be aware that many people have been spreading rumors, even if unintentionally, throughout the internet community. Unless posted on an official site or from an official source, please remember that they may or may not be true!

This can be found in the new Fan Club Corner thread in the News & Appearances forum.

Not to spread any additional rumors, but since we don't yet have any facts ....  :

The tour may be between 20-30 cities and take place in March and/or April.  There are lots of venues across the country trying to be on that list of cities...and it's possible the concerts will be held at smaller arenas, up to 5000 people. There will most likely be some kind of AI connection with the tour.    :(

Those are the speculations I have heard.  My own opinion is that Clay by himself could sell out a larger arena, especially if they limit the tour to 25 dates.  It has already been proven with the AI tour and the December mini-tour that Clay fans will fly around all over the country to see him sing.  So although I understand the logistical reasons for having a double billing on the tour, I don't see how it would be absolutely necessary to insure a successful tour. 

As far as Kelly goes, it may be true that there are some 'overly enthusiastic' Clay fans who wouldn't be at their most polite best in the double headlining situation (unfortunately I have witnessed some of the painted face booligans); and the reverse may be true of some Kelly fans as well.  But it seems a small gesture would be all it takes to end this silly fan war.

If Clay and Kelly made a joint statement of solidarity through their fan clubs or on their websites, perhaps both sides in this little border war would lay down their verbal assault weapons.  This petition and all the drama surrounding the rumors about the concert-that-hasn't-even-been-announced-yet seem like a total waste of good energy to me. 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »
reeree
  count me in !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 07:21:29 PM » 

I hope there is a tour soon, my daughter and I saw clay in atlanta, and I wish to attend , nothing short of an excellent or awsome performance from him again, even though he was'nt feeling his best .... he's so sincere and gracious, i'll be on the lookout for that tour release, i'm also very excited about the new single, solitaire is only one of my favorite's.. thank's for keeping us posted on everything... would love some meet and greet passes in chattanooga, atlanta, nashville.. oh! heck clay i'd follow you anywhere....maria  :P

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 09:47:27 PM »
Twoscoops656
  YEA!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 10:07:50 PM » 

I am so happy to hear that Clay is going on tour!!!!  I just hope he will come to Charleston, South Carolina! I would be so happy!  If you happen to read this Clay please come!!! I would love to hear you sing! :D
Melisa Smith

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 12:15:47 AM » 

My Christmas wish: Bring Clayton back to Detroit!   :D :D :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:22 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 12:17:25 AM » 

Geez, I winked so much I forgot to add the most important part - I have not seen Clay in concert, so I'm really hoping he comes around somewhere remotely close to Detroit so I can fulfill my Christmas wish.  : :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
perfectmatch
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 04:49:25 PM » 

Me too SONGBIRD me too. I hope he comes to LA well its almost certain I mean its LA but I hope soon because of our "Clayvirginess" we will get it all out sooner or later but it will happen! but in two years Im moving to NC yayayayayayayay! College awaits in a new town, two years here two there awsome awsome awsome school with MACK Pamela SUNDANCER and our very own Clay! what more could a Claygirl want!?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
triciahlemmon
  Tour
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2004, 09:02:14 PM » 

I pray Phoenix is on the tour...My sister and I tried to get to Cali...all shows were sold out...They did not come here...BOO HOO...I will be waiting in line...

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »
Pamela
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2004, 09:20:20 PM » 

Tricia!  Hello!
Nice to see you here, hope everything is going well for you and that you had a happy holiday!
So how far is Phoenix from LA?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
Jexter
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2004, 10:21:01 PM » 

Don't do what I did!

I live in Mpls/St. Paul area. When the AI concert came around I didn't get tix. I was experiencing an internal battle of not wanting to be part of such a cheesy show (reviews of AI1 were still ringing in my ears yet I watched every single episode of AI2 with all the dedication of a religious zealot) and really wanting to see Clay.

I didn't have anyone to go with and so I just let it go.

How do you say "duh????"

Then, just by luck, I had to go to Charlotte for work over the same weekend the AI tour hit. I got tix right away and paid BIG BUCKS to sit in the 6th row. I went all by myself but bonded with the lady next to me (she got to meet Clay during a pre-show radio gig and said he was NOT effeminate!).

Did I say BIG BUCKS?

Well, needless to say, if he ever comes around, go for it before you end up paying dearly for it - either in $$$$ or in regret for not having done what you could to see the show the first time around.

I could have easily done without ALL the other idols. I think they're cute, but that's about it, and I would LOOOVVVEE to see Clay alone. I'm not thrilled about the Kelly Clarkson partnership idea either ... I think she's cute, too, and she has a fabulous voice, but I want to see Clay ALL ALONE.

There's something wierd and possessive about that, but to have him all alone makes me shiver in anticipation!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »
Jexter
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2004, 10:27:48 PM » 

Did I say BIG BUCKS?

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  THANKFUL FOR THE MEASURE OF A MAN TOUR

gfxgfx
gfx