gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 12:29:20 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CLAY KIND
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CLAY KIND  (Read 14708 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CLAY KIND
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:01:09 AM »
flakenforaikeninFL
  CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CLAY KIND
« on: February 29, 2004, 02:12:02 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a close encounter of the Clay kind. 

I had made this very large pinwheel that looked like a flower and put it on a stick and had clay's name at the top so it would be really tall.  After all my seats once again were not that close.  I needed something he could notice back further. We knew he saw it - who couldn't notice it?

Anyway after the concert was over (this was the Miami concert), we went over to where the buses were.  People were waiting there hoping for a glimpse of who else but our Clay.

I was about to give up because I really had to go to meet my husband when Clay walks out.  Everyone was screaming.  Kelly had previously walked out but went into the bus.  Clay with his wonderful caring compassionate spirit came over to the crowd. 

As he made his way over to us. (Of course there was a chain link fence between us), my daughter yelled out, "Clay we made this for you" as she held up my pinwheel.  He said, "you made this for me?"  and she said, "Yes for you, but my mom made it and pointed to me.  He then looked at me with those beautiful eyes and great smile and shook my hand and took the pinwheel.  I told him he was great.

It was such a little thing, but like he has said, shaking hands with 80 fans may be his day but to me just that moment meant my whole day.  May be even my whole year!

This close encounter, even for a small moment, means so much to me and made him even more real to me.

I just got home and it is 1:45am but I can't sleep anyway so I thought I would share.  I am quite excited. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I hope you all have great Clay experiences.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CLAY KIND
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
houstonclayfan
  I had a close encounter of the clay kind
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 02:19:23 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may not sleep for days !!!  I am so happy for you ! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Its so great to hear about all of these wonderful experiences.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »
BOZENA

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 04:04:48 AM » 

OMG.... Flaken..(Andrea)..
I am very excited for you two....
as you know  he passed by us when the concert opened .
my cousin yelled ..OMG...and  I almost passed out from shock...
HE WAS FABULOUS  IN MIAMI...
taking the phone to speak to someomes mother was FUN..
how he told the crowd to hush ...
..........."I have a phone call".....
The arena   came ALIVE when he joined Kelly for thr last song...
we observed  bus area from  parking lot with binoculars and gave up...
I had to give Susan my tapes and CD-DVD to enjoy...
I got home at 1130 and can't sleep from excitement....
My flight from PalmBeach to Raleigh leaves in 3hrs...
I get to see him all over again in Raleigh from the 2nd row WOW..
Am taking 2sets of ear plugs...
I  will call you  Monday  night ..just so you can hear
...."THE ROAR FOR CLAY " 
I hope I have a voice after this trip..I am ranting ..
..........................be still my heart .....
I'll give my little recap when I get home 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »
lorraine
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 07:27:37 AM » 

Girls you are so lucking.  I am going on March 8th and my girlfriend Linda and I are meeting up with some other claymaniacs.  I hope we have some luck maybe checking out the buses or try to get a glimpse of him after the concert outside.  To be able to talk to him like you did, OMG, I know I would be on cloud nine for months, maybe years.  It really sounded like all went well last night.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
claylady
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 07:58:01 AM » 

Flaken...What a wonderful moment for you.  You said it was such a little thing but it wasn't.  It was a big deal because it always shows us how much Clay loves and appreciates all of us, HIS FANS.  I would be on cloud nine for the rest of my life.  Just to shake his hand, look into those gorgeous eyes and see that smile that lights up the world takes my breath away. 
ALWAYS TREASURE THAT MOMENT.  I'M HAPPY FOR YOU AND SO VERY JEALOUS.

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TO MARCH 10TH!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:47 AM »
ANGELA

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 10:06:29 AM » 

Flakin,
Your dreams will be forever sweet, due to your Clay encounter.

ANGELA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 12:05:10 AM »
Her

Close encounter
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 11:36:19 AM » 

Oh Flaken!  :D  You lucky girl!  Daughter and I headed back to the hotel now she's elbowing me and saying why didn't we think of that!  What a great night.  It was nice meeting you and your daughter and Bozena and Bocaqueen & hubby.

I wish I'd been on the flight with Bozena as I just know that Raleigh will be the house rocker!

Bozena, are  you going to hang around Raleigh for the Clayfest which is that weekend of the 5th?  Wish we could go. :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 12:05:27 AM »
TakenByClay
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 01:57:12 PM » 

You are so lucky that you got to shake his wonerful hands! Maybe me and my friend Ashley can convince her mom to stay after the concert is over to do the same thing you did? We have school in the morning so I dunno! I hope so!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
Bocaqueen

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 04:54:34 PM » 

SO NEAR AND YET SO FAR!!!!!!!

i AM OVERJOYED FOR YOU fLAKEN but I am heartsick since you told me.  I wanted to go over there with you and everyone else wanted to leave saying we'd never see Clay. 
Even when we reached the parking garage, I kept standing there looking thru my binocuars, hoping and praying.

I can't stop thinking about the wonderful day we all had meeting up with the other Claymaniacs and experiencing Clay together. 

Today I have watched 2 hours of videos that Bozena lent me and I had never seen most of it.  I sat there smiling crying and cheering (as if I didn't know what was going to be the end results on AI)  What does this man do to us????

I actual smacked my poor hubby in the arm about 50 times saying Flaken saw him and you didn't let me go over there too. (boo hoo forever...)

I am speechless right now.   I can't believe that I find myself crying from missing having more and more of Clay.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »
flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 05:23:49 PM » 

I hardly slept last night because of the excitement but you are right Angela, it sweetened my dreams, and this has really made my weekend. 

Her - It was really nice to meet you and your daughter also. 

I think we all had a really great day.

We must thank Pamela for the website otherwise we would never have met each other.  Not only is this website so great but also the fact that Pamela knows how to divide up these threads and forums so we find each other at the right time and at the right place.

Bocaqueen don't forget I need to see the videos - that sounds so great.

Still flying high --- Flakin

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 12:07:22 AM »
Bocaqueen
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 06:03:20 PM » 

Flaken...go read the Miami thread....I called you a MANSTEALER!!!!!!! (LOL)

You are so right...

THANK YOU PAMELA, you are terrific, Wish we could get Clay to sing a song for you and call it WITHOUT YOU...for we all would not have this wonderful relationship or Clay experiecne, "WITHOUT YOU!"

Susan

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »
Pauluka96

I had a close encounter of the Clay kind
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 07:10:29 PM » 

Flakin, what a treat for you and how nice of you to share your special moment with us!!! I think if he actually spoke to me I would drop in a dead faint right then and there :oops: He is such a true artist, he really takes the time to show his fans how much he appreciates them. It takes a special kinda person to go through all he has in the past few days and still be so caring of others. OMC we love you  ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
Pamela
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 09:32:02 PM » 

THANK YOU PAMELA, you are terrific, Wish we could get Clay to sing a song for you and call it WITHOUT YOU...for we all would not have this wonderful relationship or Clay experience, "WITHOUT YOU!"

Susan

Bocaqueen, aren't you a sweetheart!  What a nice thought.  I'll take it!
 :
Seriously, it sounds like you guys had a BLAST!  Andrea, you will be flying high for a while from that sweet encounter.  I'm very happy for you!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
BOZENA
    raleigh
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2004, 01:41:03 PM » 

I AM IN HEAVEN OR AS  IT;S CALLED RALEIGH
SAW CLAY INTERWIED IN WRL AT NOON
NOW AM MEETING OTHER FANS FOR LUNCH
AND OFF TO RBC CENTER ----
----------  SECOND ROW ---------- CAN'T WAIT
MY  extra ticket I gave to the Delta hostess
she was thrilled...
IT'S ON;Y 1:45 PM AND MY HEART IS ALREADY RUSHING
SEE YAA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »
Bocaqueen
    My Phone Thrill
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 09:14:36 AM » 

Bozena, thank you so much for keeping me on the phone throughout the entire concert.  Thank goodness I experienced the concert in Miami or I would have been quite confused as to what was happening there.  Unfortunately the screaming and the speakers overpowered everything, BUT....just hearing whatever I could of OMC thrilled me once again.  I PRAYED so hard, Dear Jesus, P-L-E-A-S-E let Clay take bozenas phone from her so it will be ME he talks to...."God was off duty last night (LOL)  That lucky Jody person.....I was going to tell Clay to give you a big kiss Bozena...sorry it didn't happen for either of us.  We are all so jealous of you right now that you got round 2 of Clay and going for #3..  What a fan you are!
Susan

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CLAY KIND

gfxgfx
gfx