gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:44:05 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 51216 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #570 on: June 20, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »
MelissaM
  Oh my gosh! AMAZING!
« Reply #570 on: April 30, 2004, 09:33:15 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My clay experience is so amazing!  I saw Clay in concert in Denver, Im from Toronto and sadly he wasent coming there.  My mom completly surprised me with the tickets and they were 2nd row floor!  I had already started knitting a blanket for Raleigh but I wasent even near done so all easter weekend I was knitting like crazy and finally the morning before we left on the plane I finally finished it(my hands were dead but Raleigh and Clay are worth it).  When we got to the Pepsi center I was bouncing off the walls I was so excited.  We finally got to our seats after buying a program and stuff and I couldnt believe how close we were.  I was sitting right beside the runway sticking out of the stage and I couldnt believe it and the stairs Clay would walk up were right in front of us.  There we 2 really nice ladies there who had been to 15 of his concerts already and they said if I hold up the blanket I made he might see it and take it(I knitted a dog on it and Raleighs name) we also had a sign that said "We came from Toronto to see Clay".  When he came out I was screaming my face off.  Later in the concert when he was singing "When you say you love me" he about two thirds through the song he walked up the runway looked right at me sat on the edge of the runway and sang directly at me looking into my eyes.  He took the blanket and I reached out my hand and he held it as he sang to me.  It was the most amazing experience in the whole world.  I felt like I was going to die and I couldnt stop smilling.  My hand was tingling afterwords and I didnt wash it for 2 days after that.  I still cant believe it.  A lady in the front row took a picture of him singing to me and my mom posted it under "The independant tour" forum under "Incredible denver concert" There is a link there.  Sorry this is so long I just wanted to share it so much! :D

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #571 on: June 20, 2010, 01:38:45 PM »
AdoringClay
  Memories of The Independent Tour
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2004, 05:07:58 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Hi Melissa! GEEZ.  Don't apologize for your post being too long...I could have read it forever!  Tell us more!  He sat down and sang to you and held your hand.  And, he took your Raleigh blanket directly from you!  How Special.  Do you have any more to tell us?  What did he look like up that close.  Was his hand warm or cold?  Any other details...

If I were you, I would love your Mom forever.  She gave you a gift like no other she will ever be able to give...She made you so happy and gave you a lifetime memory of a great, great night...

Off I go to look at your picture...Clay Love to You!  Sue G.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #572 on: June 20, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »
AdoringClay
  Our Incredible Denver Concert Experience (WITH PHOTO LINK)
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2004, 05:19:58 AM » 

:D Wow, carolynm...you have me so shook up, I'm crying here. Crying for two reasons:  The generosity of Clay and the way he showed his love to Melissa by taking the Raleigh blanket directly from her.  And, second, your love for your daughter by surprising her with the trip to the concert and Row 2 tickets!  What a thrill for her.  You have given her a memory she will never, ever forget. 

I think some Clay it Forward or type of "Karma" was working for you that night.  Because you were so kind and loving with your gift to your daughter, something shone down upon you and made Clay gravitate to Melissa and so he did something nice for her. (And, we all know he's a sucker for gifts for his little girl...)  Great story.  Thanks!  Clay Love to You!  Sue G.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #573 on: June 20, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »
clayfan104
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2004, 10:56:23 AM » 

omg if that hapened to me : who knows what would happen : wow you r very very lucky : i am so happy for you :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #574 on: June 20, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »
carolynm
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2004, 01:01:30 PM » 

Thanks for everyones kind words.  I was very fortunate to beable to do this for my daughter (and me as well) and it was incredible how everything kind of fell into place.  I'm so thankful to have that picture and we even have video footage.  You can go to clay-media.com and download the concert video footage of "When You Say You Love Me".  You see Clay sit down and take the blanket and if you look close in the bottom left corner, you can see Melissa face (just for a split second).  She's watched it dozens of times.

Take care everyone.
Carolyn

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #575 on: June 20, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »
Pyretta
  Saw Clay on the independant tour....
« Reply #575 on: May 19, 2004, 12:20:56 AM » 

and will be going again in sept to the Colorado state fair concert. The more I hear and see, the more I fall in LOVE....!!!!  He is AWESOME!!!!! The independant tour was Awesome as well.  My daughter is in absolute awe of him.  I never thought we'd both love the same person musically. Kudos to you Clay , and all the best!!!! :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #576 on: June 20, 2010, 01:49:14 PM »
Claymate07
  OMG! YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT!
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2004, 02:44:19 PM » 

My 3 friends and I went to the Clay and Kelly concert in San Diego and we decided to make shirts, Mine had a C, and we had and L-A-Y. One on each shirt. About halfway thru Clay perfromance, we were called down to the front of the stadium, right in front of the stage! In front of the front row! We were there screaming our heads off for about 6 songs, and during "The Way", Clay sat down in front of us and sang about half the song to us, AND he grabbed each one of our hands. We were flipping out! We have been trying to find some footage of this for months, so if anyone has some footage online, can you please send me the URL thru this message board. Thanks much!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #577 on: June 20, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »
Claymate07
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2004, 02:52:24 PM » 

OMG! That happened to me and my 3 friends, we still aren't over it! Hey is awesome! WE LOVE CLAY!  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
claynadian
« Reply #578 on: June 25, 2004, 02:01:43 PM » 

OMG!!! THAT IS SO COOOL!

I wonder If I ever go to a concert and did that If I wouldbe moved to front row. Of course I would need to find 3 friends who like Clay. hmmmm....

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #579 on: June 20, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »
woman4life
  Re: Salt Lake City Concert Review
« Reply #579 on: July 08, 2004, 04:16:07 AM » 

Oh my!  I just found this thread, and I think I met you while we were all waiting for the bus.  Do you remember Kelly.. the comedian security guard.  He was sooooooo funny.  I was in Row 3 next to the catwalk.  I was able to get a few awesome pics.  :)

I didn't get a pic of Clay on the bus.  A couple of gals stepped in front of me, so I got a nice shot of the back of their heads. :)  I hope they were able to get a good pic.

I did end up going to the Anaheim and L.A. concerts and was able to meet Jacob in L.A.  He is so very nice... and funny, too. :) 

--Melanie

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #580 on: June 20, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »
woman4life
  Saw Clay on the independant tour....
« Reply #580 on: July 20, 2004, 01:50:08 AM » 

Pyretta,  There will be a preconcert party in Colorado.  It will be in the Colorado Pavillion on the fairgrounds from 5-7 p.m.  There will be a buffet meal served and the cost will be somewhere between $7-15 per person (trying to keep it at around $10, but waiting to get the menu to decide for sure.)  If you are interested, please feel free to e-mail me at wmn4life@hotmail.com and I'll put you on my list for updates.

--Melanie

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »
heartbraiken4clay
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2004, 03:53:02 PM » 

THE BUS!!!!

Thank you for the post ShaikeninSeattle (great name by the way) I just found this thread but. I went to the concert here in SLC too.

My roommate and I waited after the concert hoping to sneak a peek at him, we even flirted shamelessly with all of the male guards so that they would let us go backstage...didn't work...that's when we went outside and saw all of the fans waiting for the bus to leave.  We were the last two people to get there because we had waited inside so long so we were the last in line. It was so exciting when we saw the bus come up the ramp and turn, Clay had been waving to everybody but because we were the last two people he winked and blew a kiss....we saw somebody running after the bus so that must have been you guys (small world).

At that point something snapped we started running to her car and we followed the tour bus for about 30 miles.  I swear if we had had a full tank of gas we would've ended up in Vegas (his next venue).  We almost got in 2 accidents trying to decide which on ramp the bus was going to take and then when we were on the freeway we were following the bus so closely I think we were about a second away from the bus driver calling the cops on us. (I think we could've pled temporary insanity!!!)

Anyway it was undoubtedly the best concert that we had ever been to Clay was amazing and Kelly was great too.  I'm glad everybody on the floor was standing for her because we were just a couple rows up in the stands and nobody but us was standing...it was just rude.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
heartbraiken4clay
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2004, 03:58:08 PM » 

Woman4Life
I hope that wasn't my roommate and I that ruined your picture, but we did get one, I can make a copy and send it to you if you want me to

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #583 on: June 20, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
STLclaygurl27
  Re: ST. LOUIS CONCERT 03-21-04
« Reply #583 on: November 24, 2005, 02:02:43 AM » 

He said that St. Louis was one of the smaller crowds this summer the Idols sang for but this time we DEFINATELY had that beat last night!  He said St. Louis was the loudest crowd though!

Jacki

yea i remember that, he said STL was the loudest crowd and everyone was screaming...not that i could hear much i was waaaaaaaay up high in the 4th to last row...
originally i had gone to see kelly, because i hadnt kept up with AI2 enough to know very much about clay, but i went with my friend who adored clay, and after the concert i was completely hooked!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #584 on: June 20, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »
Aikfan1000
  Re: OMG! YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT!
« Reply #584 on: December 12, 2005, 07:47:09 AM » 

That is really neat.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS

gfxgfx
gfx